d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Pc Won't Start The First Few Times I Press Button
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,755.00
Jan 9 2022 11:34am
My pc won't start the first times I press the power button, sometimes it takes maybe 1-2 minutes of pressing the button for it to start, if I turn it off and try to start again I get the same problem, sometimes I can start with fewer attempts than other times. (when I press the power button and it fails not even the fans start to rotate)
After the pc is running it runs just fine, I had a lot of dust build in my pc so I cleaned it of and now am thinking that its either the case, the psu or the motherboard (I already disabled the windows fast boot option).
I have this pc since 2015 but it does everything I want to (other than start right away) so I didn't want to simply buy a new pc but replace the faulty part.
Pc:
GPU-MSI 980TI 6GB
Cpu-i74790k
Motherboard-ASUS Z97-PRO GAMER
Cpu cooler-Corsair h110
Drives- 2x Samsung ssd (840 series)
Psu-XFX TS750(80 plus gold)
Case- Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower Case
Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Jan 11 2022 12:05pm
Have you tried jumping the power pins to see if maybe your power button is broken on your pc? Might just need a new case
Gold: 2,858.20
Jan 14 2022 07:34am
Hi Ricardo,

Candy has the right idea, it is likely that your power button is worn out, but to determine the root cause we would need to test to see if your power button is in fact worn out.

Unplug the power button from the motherboard and bridge the two pins where it was connected to see if the pc comes on right away. If so, replace your power button,

If not, how long until bridging the two pins does it take for your machine to turn on? Furthermore, how many attempts?

Its most likely just a worn out power button or connection.

Hope this helps
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll