d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Trackball Mouse Suggestions: Logitech M570
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,078.00
Jan 5 2022 12:30pm
Hi!

For my job, I need a wireless mouse which can be held standing up and not need to dragged on the leg, like a trackball mouse.

I've always used the Logitech M570, but I inevitably get a problem: the mouse starts double clicking when I don't want it to. Apparently it's a common problem, hardware issue? poor quality switch? reddit and google have results for same issue. not sure I'm savvy enough for the mechanical fix suggestions i read about but might try?

I've suffered through them deteriorating on average about once every 6~18 months but definitely something whacky with this model. My 10+ year junky Razer and other Logitech models still work fine, never replaced. So far I've bought 4x of the M570 though over the years.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other trackball or computer mouse which can be used conveniently standing up with no desk, like when giving presentations regularly for a long time which require fast/detailed clicking on a desktop? (so normal clicker laser pointer is insufficient)

This post was edited by judson04 on Jan 5 2022 12:33pm
Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Jan 5 2022 03:56pm
it's really not a super savvy problem to fix if you are so keen, i replaced all the switches in my logitech mice because of the same issue, all you need is a philips screwdriver, switches, soldering iron and some tin/lead (get the small diameter stuff 0.7mm or less)

only took me about an hour to replace the switch, haven't had to replace them yet (and i purchased all these mice in 2016 now, replaced all, went back to my 2016 to test to see if it would fail and it has been flawless)

Kailh GM 4.0 Red 60M Micro Switch (2 pcs) - $3.99
soldering iron ~ $20
solder ~ $10
philips screwdriver ~$5

so if you have the old ones, you can replace all the switches for $4 each once you have this kit if you were so inclined, i almost swapped mouse brands but since i did this i haven't (thankfully, cause i love my logitech mice ergonomics)

to find the guide if you want to see how to do it (it's like four screws, one connector and then removing switches/installing new with solder)
search: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Switches Replacement

fun to learn a new skill too :)

This post was edited by Candyzcanes on Jan 5 2022 03:57pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll