d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > 2021 Bible
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 4.69
Jan 4 2022 02:49am
Hello fellow Christians,
I've been in a bookstore lately and saw a Bible which was translated to the "2021 language" .
Do you see this still as a "real" bible ? Pls explain why

My personal Opinion is that the Bible shouldnt be touched at all,
and be in its native language (Latinum).

This post was edited by Troglodytarum on Jan 4 2022 02:55am
Gold: 62.77
Jan 4 2022 10:16am
The Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew and the New Testament in Greek. The Bible has been translated into multiple different languages since then so people of other languages could read it in their own language. Some people believe that the King James version is the most accurate to the original languages but the problem with that is the meanings of words have changed since it was written.

Personally, I like the NASB1995 version as it's a pretty close word for word translation to the King James. It's a lot easier to understand for me as well.

What version is the 2021 Bible that you're talking about?
Gold: 1,135.00
Jan 4 2022 11:01am
As wraps writes, the meaning of words change with time - so I feel it's evident that we should have a Bible that modern people can read and understand. Also, as stated, the native language is not latinum, but Hebrew (some Arameic) and Greek. The Bible not being touched upon is pretty much an impossibility as there are no 'original' manuscript available today; only fragments from early manuscripts and whole parts abit later in time. When it comes to King James being the most accurate, that is in biblical scholarship not the consensus among scholars. King James is based upon Textus Receptus which work was only founded upon a handful of byzantine manuscripts that was available in that period of time. As we have a much richer variety of manuscripts available today, we actually should have a better understanding of what comes closest to the original. Very few biblical scholars today, to my knowledge, is using Textus Receptus as their only basis.

Also, every translation is a complex work of alternating between translating word for word, or preservering the meaning intended as well as for what manuscript to use. If not the meaning intended is preserved, a word for word translation will not help you to understand what the writers are intending. Thus every translation is doing some sort of exegesis and choices regarding understanding of the original words and what manuscripts to give more weight. The words used can sometimes be understood in different ways. Nevertheless, the reading should be done under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to be enlightened to the spiritual truths that are given as it is the Spirit that gives life to the Word.

Much blessings and love!
Gold: 2,837.61
Jan 12 2022 08:58am
If it says the same thing as the KJV….just read the KJV. I am a hardcore KJV onlyist. As such I believe that God Himself preserved his word when translated to English because he knew English would dominate the world. If you compare the doctrine of other English versions you will see that the way of salvation is changed to a process instead of a gift through the finished work of Jesus Christ, as well as other changes. As for the whole “we made it easier to understand” sales pitch that they love so much, it doesn’t take long to get used to reading the KJV. As for not understanding, you can look up definitions you don’t understand, the first time a word is used in the Bible it usually defines it by context. If that’s not the problem, then

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Check out this documentary.

This post was edited by Jesus_Lives on Jan 12 2022 09:07am
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Add Reply New Topic