d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Mouse Speed
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12.10
Dec 19 2021 12:56am
Hello, I'm trying to help a disabled gamer using a very specific mouse that fits their hand to play some games. The mouse's hardware has a low DPI, so it cannot travel across his screen very quickly in some titles.

This is mainly a huge issues in games that involve manipulating the camera solely with the mouse (Max Payne 3 is the most recent he's having this issue with). I've tried changing the control panel settings manually with regedit, using a memory editor to set the mouse sensitivity settings in-game to beyond their maximum value (this works in many titles!!), and searching for any mods on the nexus website that could help. I've had no luck with any of that.

Does anyone have a potential solution? I can imagine one where the mouse's input is "cloned" with a virtual device (which fake signal would be able to be adjusted with a slider or numerical setting), but I'm not exactly sure how I would go about doing that.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!

edit: windows 10

This post was edited by 0blique on Dec 19 2021 12:56am
Gold: 56,369.16
Dec 19 2021 08:44am
if you are able to fiddle around with C#, it's possible to develop a small console program that can manage this by accepting a number between 1 and 20, and setting the windows API for mouse speed.

search stackoverflow for dynamically-changing-mouse-speed
Dec 24 2021 07:18pm
Quote (Touta @ Dec 19 2021 09:44am)
if you are able to fiddle around with C#, it's possible to develop a small console program that can manage this by accepting a number between 1 and 20, and setting the windows API for mouse speed.

search stackoverflow for dynamically-changing-mouse-speed

will the mouse be able to go above the maximum settings in windows using such a method? i'm attempting to look into it more now, but it seems like it changes the mouse speed within the normally available levels based on which application is running.

in the mean time, i purchased something called a Glassouse for him. he tried one in the past but found it difficult to use with any accuracy, but he wasn't attempting to play a shooter at the time or in conjunction with his limited mouse movement either.

thanks for your response though :) i'm still trying to see if i can emulate a fake mouse with cloned input somehow using hidguardian or something... or maybe someone has a better idea?

in any case, merry christmas :santa:
Jan 3 2022 04:53am
In case anyone's interested, the Glassouse device certainly helps but doesn't solve the issue.

I offered him a GlovePIE script that disables the mouse (via a "swallow" command) when he presses a certain key, but it seems difficult for him to use in practice. The idea was that he can reset the mouse's position while holding the key down without making the game's POV/camera change (normally someone would just lift the mouse to do this, but he can't lift it off the mousepad very high). I think if he keeps trying, it could work. That said, it does take up a valuable button - he only has so many he can press.

Bump, hoping someone has some way for me to amplify his mouse's signal or something. Again, I'd just buy him a higher DPI one but the mouse he uses now is the only one he's been able to use comfortably.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll