d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Life Destroyed
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,723.69
Dec 28 2021 05:23am
Quote (UmadLoL @ Dec 23 2021 09:36am)
for real tho

It's all good man. I have everything I need, don't feel sorry for me, it's my son that I'm truly sorry for. He deserves a family.

A broken family is still family. You have the ability to show your son that there is merit in treating your ex wife-to-be with dignity regardless of how she has treated you, and your son will have the greatest example one can think of in terms of how to treat the people around you.
There's no denying that you and your ex have had a considerable history together and I suspect that her claiming she's never been happy is just demonizing you in order to make it easier for herself to take these steps. It's a means of self-deception that a lot of people find themselves trapped in. It's no longer your responsibility to make her see things differently, though, and if she wants to throw it all away regardless of the impact on your son just to have an adventure with another guy she only knows over the internet, it's gonna be her loss. That doesn't mean you haven't had a good time with her in the past, though, and you should never forget those days. Whether you see her in light of recent events or in light of ALL events is a choice for you to make, but if you judge her for the recent events you'll end up doing the exact same thing she's doing: demonizing the other person to justify yourself.

Your son will be fine, I'm sure of it :)

Gold: 0.00
Dec 28 2021 02:45pm
Quote (Leeevee @ Dec 28 2021 03:23am)
A broken family is still family. You have the ability to show your son that there is merit in treating your ex wife-to-be with dignity regardless of how she has treated you, and your son will have the greatest example one can think of in terms of how to treat the people around you.
There's no denying that you and your ex have had a considerable history together and I suspect that her claiming she's never been happy is just demonizing you in order to make it easier for herself to take these steps. It's a means of self-deception that a lot of people find themselves trapped in. It's no longer your responsibility to make her see things differently, though, and if she wants to throw it all away regardless of the impact on your son just to have an adventure with another guy she only knows over the internet, it's gonna be her loss. That doesn't mean you haven't had a good time with her in the past, though, and you should never forget those days. Whether you see her in light of recent events or in light of ALL events is a choice for you to make, but if you judge her for the recent events you'll end up doing the exact same thing she's doing: demonizing the other person to justify yourself.

Your son will be fine, I'm sure of it :)

Thanks for the advice man I appreciate it.
Gold: 4.00
Dec 29 2021 07:22am
Quote (UmadLoL @ Dec 17 2021 01:29pm)

2 years in she dumps me out of the blue, never gave me a reason. Really fucked me up bad.

Was there ever a reasoning provided to you?

This post was edited by r4f on Dec 29 2021 07:22am
Gold: 0.95
Dec 29 2021 03:04pm
Focus on you and him brotha, the family will follow, we’ll more family, you 2 are a family and shit will play out for the ones that earn it. And from the story, seems as if you have man, keep your head up. Time will show you faith is worth believing
Gold: 10.00
Dec 29 2021 04:48pm
I’d get a new lawyer at least. In modern times a man can win custody if he’s proven to be a better provider and all around better parent.
Gold: 20,509.30
Jan 2 2022 05:36am
Kill her
Gold: 127.00
Jan 2 2022 10:25am
Quote (xXMilfhunterShawnXx @ Jan 2 2022 06:36am)
Kill her

Easy to think hard to do, better not thinking about it

Ive been in a similar situation, shit hit the fan for me a year ago
Ive done everything one shouldnt do. If you need someone to talk to anytime just holler.

Thanks for sharing btw. Today's been a shit day and while Im not in any way happy youre going through this BS, it helped me knowing Im not alone
Gold: 4,166.00
Jan 4 2022 04:13pm
Quote (UmadLoL @ 17 Dec 2021 20:29)

Talk to an attorney yesterday.
Tells me basically I'm fucked and that she will probably get primary custody even though I'm the only one with a full time job and set work schedule.
Tells me even though we weren't married, I am the only one on the title of the home, and I payed every bill myself for 4 years except the 80$ garbage bill she can come after my home.
Apparently she can make a claim against the equity of my house. I have 100k equity, so she can come after 50k, forcing me to sell my house if she pleases.

Well, that's the way things go these days. When it comes to family court, men are nothing more than walking meatbags to be exploited: to the family court women are first class citizens; children are second class and men are wage slaves. Get a good lawyer if you can afford one. Do not contact your ex ever unless it is written, and preferably not without your lawyer. Salvage whatever you can from this situation. Family court is the worst kind of injustice you will suffer and it will ruin you financially unless you take action.
I can understand that you feel very hurt and all that, but the time to process your emotions is not now. Now is the time to fight for what is yours, so that you will not lose your home and pay alimony for 20 years or something ridiculous like that. Once all of the legal stuff has been settled you can give in to your emotions and deal with all of that crap.
Gold: 195.00
Jan 8 2022 05:13pm
Quote (r4f @ Dec 29 2021 02:22pm)

This. I’m really curious.
Sorry to hear this brother, them girls be trippin’ for real though.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 8 2022 06:00pm
Quote (r4f @ Dec 29 2021 05:22am)

Quote (rotti @ Jan 8 2022 03:13pm)
This. I’m really curious.
Sorry to hear this brother, them girls be trippin’ for real though.

Back in the day I was working a shit job that had no future and I was too young and immature to realize it was a dead end. That’s why she broke up with me the first time. After all of this though I would t be surprised if she was cheating then too.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll