d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Death Farmer Mage
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 161.18
Dec 4 2021 02:43am
Hello,
I basically follow this guide for mage:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84489168&f=74

Can I follow this also if willing to do lvl 64 death farm mage? Shall I add less vit maybe but more int?

Thank you for your help

Arandros
Dec 7 2021 08:12am
I hit 55 and already doing some farm . Mongoose item yet.
I got 51 vit and 151 bit with items and 16 open stat points . Where shall I assign them? Also got powercast to 77% and 5 open skill points. Where is best to assign to?

I got face the evil objective enabled but not completed. And also don’t have soften the sneaky shell. I want those on my mage. If someone faces those can I join their game and do the objectives aswell? Also stop the seven shamans, slash the swarm would be nice and elemental education.

If anyone got one of those would be nice if you invite me to your game.

Kind regards

Arandros
Dec 7 2021 10:23am
Quote (Arandros @ 7 Dec 2021 15:12)
I hit 55 and already doing some farm . MongooseNo good item yet.
I got 5166 vit (got 15 from sneaky) and 151 bitint with items and 16 open stat points . Where shall I assign them? Also got powercast to 77% and 5 open skill points. Where is best to assign to?

I got face the evil objective enabled but not completed. And also don’t have soften the sneaky shellDONE!. I want those on my mage. If someone faces those can I join their game and do the objectives aswell? Also stop the seven shamans, slash the swarm would be nice and elemental education.

If anyone got one of those would be nice if you invite me to your game.

Kind regards

Arandros

Posting on mobile is sometimes a funny encounter... especially with the autocorrection... fixed issues in the post and updated

This post was edited by Arandros on Dec 7 2021 10:31am
Gold: 19,012.03
Dec 7 2021 07:10pm
So a few notes:

In terms of quests there are only 4 which actually matter/actually reasonably easy to complete:
Explore the maze - complete at level 1
Hack the horde - Should also come across this one on your own pretty easily
Treasure pest, can be completed at any point between level 13-55, seeing it gives stat points it doesnt matter when you get this
Soften the sneaky shell - Ideally hold your death mage at level 15 until someone comes across the quest, request to join them and get the kill at this level. The 7-15 vit gained does not add health retroactively so this is actually a big deal. getting it at level 15 and getting the worst outcome of 7 vit still provides 280 life at level 55. If you get the maximum of 15 then you get 600 bonus life, seeing the goal in my opinion is to have around 3k health for lvl 55 (4k if 64), this provides a huge portion of that. Getting sneaky at level 55 will add about 1 maximum defense to your robe and no health by comparison.

Other quests which give useful rewards:
It's optional to have 4 corners cleared, personally being able to walk to a corner and not need to fight a super strong mob is better than having it not beaten and having the ability to "farm" the super strong mobs in the first 2 corners and reset after you beat them both. This may have been changed so that this is no longer possible to fight these multiple times, not 100% as i've not tried
Elemental education requires a huge team effort to locate and kill, it's spawn rate is pretty low and the bonus to intelligence is not worth the time invested for the purpose of a death mage. Only reason to hunt EE is to fight no maze no more and given the nerfs is deemed by most people to not be worthwhile hunting any more.

Also the death farmer should ideally at least have paladin/monk unlocked, this increases the exp loss from about 6% to more like 15% per death, which significantly speeds up this aspect of playing.
Bonus stats from completing a few mq's is a bonus as well as any prof gained in relevant areas.

Guess you'll get to retry thanks to the reset (reset = everyone back to first class and level 0, caused by someone passing alchemist), hadn't expected a reset this early.
Gold: 8,672.68
Dec 8 2021 11:48pm
I do NOT "Death Farm" since I BASICALLY only play Hardcore.

The basics are these whether you are a Feeder (Mage) or Rogue / Monk or Ninja that can Identify "Trap Doors" around levels 63 and above.

Basically all you do is HUNT for Evil Presence and use Magic Luck gear ONLY to kill them around level 63+ (my favorite level is 69) ... die to reduce Experience etc so you can repeat n rinse.

Do NOT over think it like I do... simply put... dying = loss of experience which = more chances to confront Evil Presence which are more likely to drop better gear... NOTE: using Magic Luck gear will also help with better drops when you kill them. Note: this also affects "Welling" items you drop into it.
Dec 9 2021 01:10am
Ok. Thank you both for your valuable information.
I already re-leveled the mage after the reset :) so yeah it was already effort done. Didn’t think about to get to monk for more exp loss… also didn’t think about vor only giving life on level up. Then my approach was totally wrong anyways as I did not spend my bit points…. Also good to know. Only hard points count? Or can I wear vit early to get it up?

Kind regards

Arandros
Dec 9 2021 02:39am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 8 Dec 2021 02:10)
So a few notes:

In terms of quests there are only 4 which actually matter/actually reasonably easy to complete:
Explore the maze - complete at level 1
Hack the horde - Should also come across this one on your own pretty easily
Treasure pest, can be completed at any point between level 13-55, seeing it gives stat points it doesnt matter when you get this
Soften the sneaky shell - Ideally hold your death mage at level 15 until someone comes across the quest, request to join them and get the kill at this level. The 7-15 vit gained does not add health retroactively so this is actually a big deal. getting it at level 15 and getting the worst outcome of 7 vit still provides 280 life at level 55. If you get the maximum of 15 then you get 600 bonus life, seeing the goal in my opinion is to have around 3k health for lvl 55 (4k if 64), this provides a huge portion of that. Getting sneaky at level 55 will add about 1 maximum defense to your robe and no health by comparison.

Other quests which give useful rewards:
It's optional to have 4 corners cleared, personally being able to walk to a corner and not need to fight a super strong mob is better than having it not beaten and having the ability to "farm" the super strong mobs in the first 2 corners and reset after you beat them both. This may have been changed so that this is no longer possible to fight these multiple times, not 100% as i've not tried
Elemental education requires a huge team effort to locate and kill, it's spawn rate is pretty low and the bonus to intelligence is not worth the time invested for the purpose of a death mage. Only reason to hunt EE is to fight no maze no more and given the nerfs is deemed by most people to not be worthwhile hunting any more.

Also the death farmer should ideally at least have paladin/monk unlocked, this increases the exp loss from about 6% to more like 15% per death, which significantly speeds up this aspect of playing.
Bonus stats from completing a few mq's is a bonus as well as any prof gained in relevant areas.

Guess you'll get to retry thanks to the reset (reset = everyone back to first class and level 0, caused by someone passing alchemist), hadn't expected a reset this early.

Hm i just tried:
i added 2 vit to my char and got ~110 life. Imho this means that life is not "accumulated" by early skilling of vit but more likely by your current vitality*level + baselife or something like that. Meaning even when i finish sneaky late in the game it should yield the same reward?! Can someone proof me wrong please? Still missing 7 to 15 vit at any point hurts.
Gold: 8,672.68
Dec 9 2021 07:33pm
Quote (Arandros @ Dec 9 2021 09:39pm)
Hm i just tried:
i added 2 vit to my char and got ~110 life. Imho this means that life is not "accumulated" by early skilling of vit but more likely by your current vitality*level + baselife or something like that. Meaning even when i finish sneaky late in the game it should yield the same reward?! Can someone proof me wrong please? Still missing 7 to 15 vit at any point hurts.

It is something like this... you can even check it with your mules and their starting stats and their hitpoints.

for ADDED (not from equipment) 1 vita = 2 hit points... so if you have 30 vitality, you have 60 hit points at level 1, or like a barb with 60 vitality = 120 hit points.

ON TOP ... you gain another 1 hit point (if I remember correctly) per level... so you get +2 Hit points @ level 2.

If you start with 30 vita = 60 hit points at level 1, then you reach level 2 and don't add any vitality, you have like 62 hit points. (think it works that way)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Dec 9 2021 07:33pm
Gold: 19,012.03
Dec 10 2021 09:00am
Quote (Arandros @ Dec 9 2021 08:39am)
Hm i just tried:

yes that works but sneaky is a special case. anyone will be able to confirm that getting sneaky later on will not work retroactively.
this is why my instructions specifically recommend hunting sneaky at a low level.

i am 100% sure of this.
Dec 10 2021 12:46pm
Yeah thank you bigheaded for Sharing your knowledge. I really appreciate that!
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll