d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > What Is Your Best Form Of Studying For Retention?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Nov 21 2021 06:41pm
Doing some clinical neurobio research and want to get insight of what study techniques you guys are using that you find most useful and for what subjects, thanks.
Gold: 16,530.32
Nov 22 2021 05:18pm
Usually I study the material/look it over, then I write it down because I feel it helps me know and understand it more
Then I look over those notes once or twice a day when I have the chance. Throughout the day I will try to recall the whole thing by memory (speed through the parts that are easy) then review what I didn't remember
Start the cycle again the next day

It's a lot, but will really stick and takes no time depending on how much the notes can be
This has helped me but maybe it won't help others so kind of up to!

:)
Gold: 10.27
Dec 10 2021 10:21am
I gave up on studying years ago when I studied my ass off for an exam and not a single question on it was anything I studied. So now I just don't study and barely make c's.
Gold: 6.66
Dec 11 2021 01:21am
Getting other people to study with and getting to a point where you can help them with the material. Asking lots of questions and comparing your thinking/problem solving helps you reach that point.

This post was edited by LouisLeGros on Dec 11 2021 01:22am
Gold: 102,070.00
Dec 21 2021 09:45am
As a lawyer and past law student, I tend to do a lot notes. Perhaps be easiest way is to highlight every useful paragraphs and summarise them into dot points. You will then have a mini notes to carry around so you can review them whenever you have time. I spent quite substantial amount of time reading cases this proved helpful to me by summarising facts/law/issues/analysis/other authorities.

I also enjoyed to have a study buddy (preferably a good look female but you know law school this is usually wishful thinking) so that the two of you can ask each other questions as to fill in the knowledge gap as well as enhancing deep learning.

Not a med student so I'm not sure if my technique would apply the same. Hope this helps.

This post was edited by zhaorich on Dec 21 2021 09:49am
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll