d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > With Release Of D2r, Why Even Develop D4?
Prev1111213
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Trade Assistant
Gold: 8,550.00
Trader: Mediator
Feb 1 2022 11:26am
Quote (CrackerSJ @ Feb 2 2022 01:13am)
You think if they add cosmetics people would flee D2R?
Didn't they add cosmetics and exp boost for Asia in d3?
Also D4 is going to have cosmetics I guarantee it lol

You said cash shop for runes.
Gold: 69,193.10
Trader: Trusted
Feb 1 2022 03:20pm
Quote (Lionhearted @ 1 Feb 2022 12:26)
You said cash shop for runes.

Yes I know. I'm expanding upon that and down grading the offense.
I guess my point is, the people who play D2R are hardcore fans and seem to want LoD with newer graphics and some new runewords/balances. What would scare them away? Because I fear whatever will scare people away from D2R will be in D4 and achieve the same thing. Dead on arrival lol

This post was edited by CrackerSJ on Feb 1 2022 03:21pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 2 2022 08:16am
Can't believe i read this whole thread before coffee..I've yet to play d2r cuz I just don't see a point in playing a remake. Its still the same game so its not new. I'm good. D3 was atrocious. Except my kids like it so there's the literally only plus side to having it still..I can't wait for d4 just cuz its new..altho I'm expecting it to flop cuz of the micro transactions. And whoever said d2 isn't p2w is foolish..granted you don't HAVE to p2w...but if it wasn't at all why is jsp around then? Either way blizzard is dead and d2r is probly their last ditch effort at having a decent game and appeasing the old skool fans without a new game entirely. Cash grab. Old fools will pay for old skool..even with a touch of modernization.
Gold: 6.01
Warn: 60%
Feb 2 2022 11:36pm
Quote (judgement2souls @ Feb 3 2022 03:16am)
Can't believe i read this whole thread before coffee..I've yet to play d2r cuz I just don't see a point in playing a remake. Its still the same game so its not new. I'm good. D3 was atrocious. Except my kids like it so there's the literally only plus side to having it still..I can't wait for d4 just cuz its new..altho I'm expecting it to flop cuz of the micro transactions. And whoever said d2 isn't p2w is foolish..granted you don't HAVE to p2w...but if it wasn't at all why is jsp around then? Either way blizzard is dead and d2r is probly their last ditch effort at having a decent game and appeasing the old skool fans without a new game entirely. Cash grab. Old fools will pay for old skool..even with a touch of modernization.

there hasn't been a decent Diablo game released for over 20 years
D2R was blizzards last chance at redemption and they failed miserably as predicted
and then cashed out and ran off!
D2r is doomed, D4 is doomed the whole franchise is in the shitter
wtf is microsoft gunna do about it? :lol:
Gold: 106,677.00
Feb 5 2022 09:02am
D4 will be their flagship game, with the aim to attract large playerbase, d2r is a cash cow which doesn’t require much effort to keep it rolling (I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that entire d2r team does not exceed 10 ppl, yet it generates substantial financial gains, and keeps the fanbase happy)

So to sum up, d2r project was a great move as it will provide a decent financial gain for Blizz, as well as send a message that they still can do the things right (after so many fiascos), but don’t fool yourself if you want to stay in the business you need to be innovative and ahead of your competition, so far d4 doesn’t look like an innovation to me, quite the opposite (on the early screens it looked worse than d2r graphics) but it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t keep on trying as they still have some time to turn this game around.

Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1111213
Add Reply New Topic New Poll