d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Scammer Section Should Been Reworked 2.0
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,650.00
Oct 23 2021 11:29pm
Hello, i got scammed long time ago when i joined (2 weeks ago lol, it was 700 post ago xD i feel like it was 5 years already :rofl: ).

Since i'm using mediator for most of my "serious" Trades, i obviously didnt get any troubles since. it's impossible to be scam. (i'm recording with obs all transactions with mediator).

My personnal opinion is the scammer section is really useless & it's wasting time for everybody, scammed people & moderator included.

it take forever to give useless proofs who can be faked so easily and after you sent 15 screenshots, your odds to get back your items or fg is .... 0%. It's way too long for nothing.

My suggestion is :

A) : To close this forum part & just highlight a thread explaining how to use mediator trade and saying to USE mediator trade.

if someone dont, he can only blame himself.

If this is too much change, we should at least 2.0 it. we are in 2021 everybody can use a record software. Recording transaction is super easy.

If the user get scammed he just record his transaction & upload it. So moderator can exactly see what happens & instantly, instead of asking 20 messages including screenshot etc etc..

Thanks for reading guys. I love you.

Your black salami

This post was edited by Dragnaol on Oct 23 2021 11:31pm
Junior Moderator
Gold: 5,667.00
Trader: Mediator
Oct 23 2021 11:46pm
Quote (Dragnaol @ Oct 24 2021 01:29am)
Hello, i got scammed long time ago when i joined (2 weeks ago lol, it was 700 post ago xD i feel like it was 5 years already :rofl: ).

Since i'm using mediator for most of my "serious" Trades, i obviously didnt get any troubles since. it's impossible to be scam. (i'm recording with obs all transactions with mediator).

My personnal opinion is the scammer section is really useless & it's wasting time for everybody, scammed people & moderator included.

it take forever to give useless proofs who can be faked so easily and after you sent 15 screenshots, your odds to get back your items or fg is .... 0%. It's way too long for nothing.

My suggestion is :

A) : To close this forum part & just highlight a thread explaining how to use mediator trade and saying to USE mediator trade.

if someone dont, he can only blame himself.

If this is too much change, we should at least 2.0 it. we are in 2021 everybody can use a record software. Recording transaction is super easy.

If the user get scammed he just record his transaction & upload it. So moderator can exactly see what happens & instantly, instead of asking 20 messages including screenshot etc etc..

Thanks for reading guys. I love you.

Your black salami

As a long time user of this site and a s/a helper I do not agree with what you’re saying here. With the influx of new users yes there have been a lot more scams but let me give you a different way to view it.

Let’s say scammer goes and scams 5 people. We build the evidence like we always do and a mod makes the decision to lock and scammed tag them. Now 1 user got scammed 500 FG another user got scammed 2k FG etc etc. now a few months past by and scammed has a change of heart and wants to get unlocked. We’ll now he has to go through the process and pay back all those people he scammed and now all these people who had “0%” chance of getting reimbursed now get their FG back. It happens all the time but since we collect snd gather evidence for all s/a that come in we’ll have that info provided for the mods to hold scammers accountable shall they want access again.

Hope this made sense.
Gold: 3,650.00
Oct 23 2021 11:48pm
Quote (R3MY @ Oct 24 2021 07:46am)
now a few months past by and scammed has a change of heart and wants to get unlocked.

We are not living in a fantasy. IF someone want to be unlocked it's because he need d2jsp for making profit. People never change. They will only do that in their own interest.

#NoMercy

This post was edited by Dragnaol on Oct 23 2021 11:49pm
Gold: 12,940.00
Oct 24 2021 01:11am
Quote (Dragnaol @ Oct 24 2021 01:48am)
We are not living in a fantasy. IF someone want to be unlocked it's because he need d2jsp for making profit. People never change. They will only do that in their own interest.

#NoMercy

Agree - in addition, nothing stops them from making additional accounts, over and over
Gold: 9,205.00
Oct 24 2021 03:25am
All I see is some random rambling from a person who doesn't understand what he's talking about.

People are not going to use mediators even if there was a popup every 5 second telling them to use one.
One reason is that there aren't enough mediators.
Another reason is that people don't want to wait for one.

There are also scams, such as unperm as perm selling where mediators don't play any roles.

It's important that there's a forum where both parties can have their say. No reason to remove it.
It has been changed over the years. Anyone used to be able to post in any topic, and there were no "helpers" ..and so on. So it's easy to say we are even past this what you call "2.0".
Gold: 8.85
Oct 24 2021 03:56am
You already can record your trade and post it as proof.

What is your big 2.0 change here?
Gold: 8,945.00
Oct 24 2021 05:24pm
First off, as an ancient uswest battlenet mod forum, I can tell you the med system here is far more effecient, and has always been superior to any other forum i’ve used.

Second, d2jsp can often encompass more than just item:fg trades. So often times video may not exist.

Thirdly, many users do in fact browse the “accusation” forum prior to large trades.

Lastly, I have taken to simply saying “game name/server and lmk if you wish to use med” when I get/reply to a trade pm. My trades over 500, I simply make the trade with the appropriate steps(name/trade/t4t/type whois and time/ss in legacy mode. Its not a massive effort and usually takes less time than the waiting for trade.

Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll