d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Is There A Way To Filter Out Shops In The Search?
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 29,955.53
Oct 21 2021 04:04am
Whenever i search for a specific item i get flooded with lists of completely unrelated items because those large list posts contain parts of my search in different spots.

People post stats in different orders so using quotation marks limits my search too much to the exact order.

I also tried adding things like "-list -sale -stash -shop" but that does not filter out enough of the crap.

Is there a way to filter out those large lists from my search? Are there maybe some advanced search terms to limit post length?
Gold: 2,858.20
Oct 21 2021 04:20am
Hi Aratu!

Hope all is well, sorry to hear about having trouble narrowing down your search. This is a known issue due to the sheer volume of trading going on with d2r. A guide below can help better optimize your search

https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=31

As of right now, there is no advance search option, however I do recommend suggesting this with a poll under our Site Suggestion sub forum. Try to find key words that are not massively used, for an example, if I search up Lite skiller, I’m dealt with hundreds of topics, I better optimize my search by typing in lite GC to try to filter out the word skiller as the word skiller yields the majority of the results.

You can also use partial syntax such as

WITH
ENDS WITH$

And specifically to your request- Grouping:
Code
("Ptorch" | "p torch" | "pal torch" | "pala torch" | "Pally torch")

You can use ~ or ! prefixing one of the grouped items to exclude it.

Hope this helps!

-Krawk

This post was edited by Krawk on Oct 21 2021 04:24am
Oct 21 2021 04:38am
Quote (Krawk @ 21 Oct 2021 12:20)
Hi Aratu!

Hope all is well, sorry to hear about having trouble narrowing down your search. This is a known issue due to the sheer volume of trading going on with d2r. A guide below can help better optimize your search

https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=31

As of right now, there is no advance search option, however I do recommend suggesting this with a poll under our Site Suggestion sub forum. Try to find key words that are not massively used, for an example, if I search up Lite skiller, I’m dealt with hundreds of topics, I better optimize my search by typing in lite GC to try to filter out the word skiller as the word skiller yields the majority of the results.

You can also use partial syntax such as

^STARTS WITH
ENDS WITH$

And specifically to your request- Grouping:
Code
("Ptorch" | "p torch" | "pal torch" | "pala torch" | "Pally torch")

You can use ~ or ! prefixing one of the grouped items to exclude it.

Hope this helps!

-Krawk

Thank you for your answer and your effort on the example. In that case you can cover most of the common terms. It gets almost impossible when items have stats though, even if you are not looking a specific value.

Let's say i want to see all the ethereal Titan's Revenge's available. My best search would be 'eth titan' without quotation marks, but that gets flooded. Because of different orders and item rolls it becomes very impractical to construct a search term from basic logical operators.

(
"eth titan" |
"ethereal titan" |
"titan eth" |
"titans eth" |
"titan's eth" |
"titans revenge eth" |
"titan 200 eth" |
"titans 200/9 eth" |
"titan's revenge 199 eth"
)

You could add hundreds of lines to that and still wouldn't get all the results from a simple 'eth titan' search.

Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Oct 21 2021 04:41am
This may be helpful. It was posted by an Admin in another topic.

You can use multiple search tags, put a + in front of each to make them all required.

Example:
Armor +white +eth +superior

Oct 21 2021 04:45am
Quote (Kyhle @ 21 Oct 2021 12:41)
This may be helpful. It was posted by an Admin in another topic.

Aren't all the terms in a search required anyway (unless used with another operator)?

I get the same results with 'Armor +white +eth +superior' and 'Armor white eth superior' and they are filled with useless item lists.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Oct 21 2021 05:02am
Quote (Aratu @ 21 Oct 2021 03:45)
Aren't all the terms in a search required anyway (unless used with another operator)?

I get the same results with 'Armor +white +eth +superior' and 'Armor white eth superior' and they are filled with useless item lists.

The quote is pulled from this topic: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=87816927&f=34

Unsure if it will help you figure this out, if it is at all possible.
Gold: 466.99
Oct 21 2021 05:12am
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic