d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > What Is A "merch" Or "flip"?
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 150.33
Oct 21 2021 01:29am
I was looking at the scammer case today of the ber sold at 3.8fg and someone accused the other (or something like that) of "merched". What is that? the mod said "merch" of "flip" at some point, but I didn't understand it.
Gold: 2,858.20
Oct 21 2021 01:33am
Quote (avavago @ Oct 21 2021 03:29am)
I was looking at the scammer case today of the ber sold at 3.8fg and someone accused the other (or something like that) of "merched". What is that? the mod said "merch" of "flip" at some point, but I didn't understand it.

Hi Ava!

Hope all is well, can you link the topic that you are referencing? We can better help explain the situation if we see some background context :) but generally merching is in regards to selling an item to a merchant, flipping is usually in regards to buying at one price, selling at another. I reviewed the ticket you were referencing (I linked below and if correct) the term was used to buy at one price, and sell for a larger price, which generally is allowed however this trade was taken out of context and showcased a user taking advantage of a new user involving technicality.

E/ ah I see the post you are referencing too, did some digging and found this - https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=88043516&f=250&o=10, this is extremely bad manner and we hope you see what was wrong here!

Thank you!

-Krawk

This post was edited by Krawk on Oct 21 2021 01:39am
Oct 21 2021 01:40am
Quote (Krawk @ Oct 21 2021 03:33am)
Hi Ava!

Hope all is well, can you link the topic that you are referencing? We can better help explain the situation if we see some background context :) but generally merching is in regards to selling an item to a merchant, flipping is usually in regards to buying at one price, selling at another.

E/ ah I see the post you are referencing too, did some digging and found this - https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=88043516&f=250&o=10, this is extremely bad manner and we hope you see what was wrong here!

Thank you!

-Krawk

oh... yeah, i was just in awe that the guy showed up to defend himself... well, I understand how he acted in bad faith, but now I understand what he said with merched. and to "flip" is considered a bad thing? isn't it somewhat alright? not in this case, but a legit trade?
Gold: 2,858.20
Oct 21 2021 01:45am
Quote (avavago @ Oct 21 2021 03:40am)
oh... yeah, i was just in awe that the guy showed up to defend himself... well, I understand how he acted in bad faith, but now I understand what he said with merched. and to "flip" is considered a bad thing? isn't it somewhat alright? not in this case, but a legit trade?

Glad you have a better understanding:)

And to answer your question, no, there’s nothing wrong with flipping, in fact a lot of the trades done on d2r involve buying at one price, and seeing opportunities elsewhere to trade for a different item and selling that item for a higher price paid for.

For an example, buying 2x ist runes on jsp, then trading it in game for a shako, then selling the shako for 800fg which could yield to a 200fg flip. Or even just buying a bulk deal of 10x ist runes for 250fg per and flipping each one for 300fg.

However, this wasn’t a case, this was a user buying a ber rune for 3.8fg and not 3.8kfg as intended, a lot of user’s are new, and other users try to exploit that and take advantage of technicalities such as 3.8fg vs 3.8kfg. No one will willingly sell a ber rune for 3.8fg when the going rate is 3.8k. That’s robbing, not flipping.

Hope this helps!

-Krawk

This post was edited by Krawk on Oct 21 2021 01:47am
Oct 21 2021 01:48am
Quote (Krawk @ Oct 21 2021 03:45am)
Glad you have a better understanding:)

And to answer your question, no, there’s nothing wrong with flipping, in fact a lot of the trades done on d2r involve buying at one price, and seeing opportunities elsewhere to trade for a different item and selling that item for a higher price paid for.

For an example, buying 2x ist runes on jsp, then trading it in game for a shako, then selling the shako for 800fg which could yield to a 200fg flip. Or even just buying a bulk deal of 10x ist runes for 250fg per and flipping each one for 300fg.

However, this wasn’t a case, this was a user buying a ber rune for 3.8fg and not 3.8kfg as intended, a lot of user’s first language is not English, and other users try to exploit that and take advantage of technicalities such as 3.8fg vs 3.8kfg. No one will willingly sell a ber rune for 3.8fg when the going rate is 3.8k. That’s robbing, not flipping.

Hope this helps!

-Krawk

It was really helpful. thank you for your time krawk!

good night!
Gold: 6.66
Warn: 10%
Oct 21 2021 02:35am
nothing wrong with buying low and selling high.
i dont understand the rules of this sites as they are not the same for everyone.
and now some mod will be like "dont talk crab man we are all equal in this homophobic site"
cases have different rulings even if some cases are like 99.9% similar.

Gold: 3,826.00
Oct 21 2021 03:34am
Quote (liskod2 @ 21 Oct 2021 10:35)
nothing wrong with buying low and selling high.
i dont understand the rules of this sites as they are not the same for everyone.
and now some mod will be like "dont talk crab man we are all equal in this homophobic site"
cases have different rulings even if some cases are like 99.9% similar.

This guy was clearly being an asshole. No sane person would agree to trade Ber for 3.8fg in this market. To add insult to the injury he even tried to defend his actions lol. This case ain’t gonna fly in court arbitration in real life - ain’t gonna fly here either.

Play stupid games - win stupid prizes. 10% warn is the least they could have done.

This post was edited by Malopox on Oct 21 2021 03:59am
Gold: 6.66
Warn: 10%
Oct 21 2021 04:32am
Quote (Malopox @ 21 Oct 2021 12:34)
This guy was clearly being an asshole. No sane person would agree to trade Ber for 3.8fg in this market. To add insult to the injury he even tried to defend his actions lol. This case ain’t gonna fly in court arbitration in real life - ain’t gonna fly here either.

Play stupid games - win stupid prizes. 10% warn is the least they could have done.

yeah this case was obvious extreme bad manner especially since he wouldnt refund
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic