d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Why Did Jah And Ber Got -1000?
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 245.00
Oct 19 2021 04:51pm
Quote (e7331 @ 20 Oct 2021 01:44)
It's easy, you just convince half a nation of retards that if they buy and hold JAH/BER, that the rich mother fuckers that are milking the entire system for virtually free money will be forced to pay you what you ask for.

Then, once said retards have purchased all available JAHs/Bers, driving the price of them to record highs, you absolutely fucking DUMP your available Jahs and Bers. Suddenly, they are worth 500.

After that, you buy ALL available supply to jack the price back up to exactly what they were before.

Next step is to keep JAH/BER at that price, and sell ludicrous call contracts to a bunch of retards trying to just make an enigma for the first time, chasing the dream.

You give me your money now, and, if JAH/BER explodes again just like it happened before (remember when that price exploded! wow!) in like a month... you'll have 50x the amount you have now.

Keep the price the same for a year

Milk the entire system for virtually free money

Lol
Gold: 83.75
Oct 19 2021 05:22pm
Quote (TheOnlyDenny @ Oct 19 2021 06:42pm)
The stability of Jah and Ber throughout the last couple of weeks is what it's actually staggering here.

Either runes are (roughly) as expensive as they were one week into the game.

Prices will drop, but the slowness at which they do came unexpected.

I also was very surprised at first... but then I settled on the notion that the D2 economy I've known through my life is this:

1.07/LoD releases - I was fucking 11. I was like level 37. I was d2 poor as fuck. Ya'll remember the weapon switch glitch that would allow you to equip two weapons at once? good times

1.08 - I was still a god damn noob. Windforces were like 45 Sojs unid.

1.09 Start - Virtually all end game items I remember at the time were worth sojs. Despite insane amounts of duping, oculus and shako remained the same Soj price for what felt like years. The price was the price. I don't really remember too much fluctuation. *Fun Fact, 3 weeks later after 1.09 dropped, I found out 9/11 happened because somebody said "omfg a plane just crashed into the world trade center" in the channel Cowz. One of the most vivid memories of my life.*

1.09 Middle - At this point, I was in one of the cows channels, and someone randomly said "Hey i'm quitting... anybody want all my gear? It's pretty good". I message the guy, as I figured this was another elaborate scam, but I was bored this day. Jesus christ diablo 2 was really the wild wild west back then. He tells me to make a game. He joins. I'm like... dude i don't really believe you. Why would you just give me all your gear? He drops an item on the ground. It's a vamp gaze. I pick it up and look at it. It's a 1.08 Vamp gaze. This guy not only wasn't lying, all his shit was godly. Suddenly I was rich. Very rich. I remember instantly going in to the trade channel after and starting to make trades for the items I had been drooling over forever. - And i'm pretty sure, despite again gigantic duping efforts, etc etc etc, the price of a Shako then was the price of a shako a year ago.

1.09 End - Occy ring 4 15 sojs Zephyr bow for 35 - god i miss my zephyr bowazon that thing fucking wrecked

didn't play for years

Came back with a new ladder, latest patch at this point.

Play with my buddy, we farm for like a week and a half, the shit we found in the first 3 days covers enough FG to buy HRs in week 2. Lol I think a lot of people Bot now?

2 years later, same cycle, Botted some, was fun

Covid 19- got bored - played June Reset, me and same buddy farm for a week and a half. Prices plummet after 3 days. Realize that basically everyone who plays the game still on bnet is botting. Get back in to botting. Do 8 accounts. Actually have a blast, however, D2 becomes a game in which I micromanage my bot and then list shit for sale on d2jsp. Virtually 0 actual playing.

SO: In conclusion, I believe that high runes SHOULD be the price that they were over the weekend into the foreseeable future. A players 1 bot probably only finds 2 hr a week at fucking MAX. My players 8 team who cleared entire games in 10 minutes found like a jah+ber+sick ass rare a week.

Not only that, because the of the min/max nature of the type of game that us old school d2jspers play the game, They get high tier MF shit as soon as possible, and then sell it as soon as they have enough FG to make the character they actually want to play. Meaning, a lot of these items become available on d2jsp at the same time frame, leading the price to drop. I think items on the Oculus / Shako / Skulders tier are actually priced very low at this point, as they should be in a Natural D2 economy.

Two things to counterargue what I know people are going to say

Shared stashes aren't going to lead to a price crash in this game. Okay yes, you only need One enigma per account. But My hammerdin has one, and now my lightning sorc that I box while playing my hdin.... also needs one. Also let's be fucking real. The people who are going to be swapping shakos between characters aren't your average d2jspers. You autistic mother fuckers will pay 90x price over the difference of 1 fucking defense on a pair of boots because they are "perfect". You're going to buy shakos for each character you want to play. And they are probably going to be on a separate account each.

TWO: And the most important. Even if there is a chinese pindle bot out....................... first of all pindle doesn't drop shit. How many of ya'll have done 300 pindle runs and have found a 28 vipermagi as the best item? I know you are out there. Second of all. The bot economy YOU are all used to is a bot economy in which the higher end bot users are botting literal thousands accounts, and even the most casual of bot users such as I was, is going to be running 8 characters at once. Not only that, botting d2LoD required next to 0 computer power. My main computer that gets 300 fps in just about every game I play... starts to struggle a little bit and dips into the 80 fps range sometimes while running 2 characters. Basically what i'm getting at is, botting in week 4 of D2R is a SMALL, VERY SMALL fraction of what it was. Id guarantee that 99% of all players playing the game right now are real players, or people boxing 2+ characters. While before, Post 2012ish, 95% of the active characters on d2lod bnet were controlled by bots.
Junior Moderator
Gold: 5,820.00
Trader: Mediator
Oct 19 2021 05:35pm
Well, easiest explanation I was able to come with to explain the recent price rollercoaster with highrunes: At the beginning of the game, people were stacking MF. Like why want a grief if you'd rather use an Ist'ed Ali Baba?

HRs became cheaper.

Then there came a time when people slowly transferred from MFing to optimizing their chars. They tossed away their skullders for a CoH, the substituted a Gull for a Hoto and did many other things.

HR prices rose.

Now people are slowly becoming saturated with these top tier items.

HR prices decline further.

That's my logic.
Gold: 2.66
Oct 19 2021 05:43pm
market always crash every ladder season. This is no different.
It’s almost a month since release and the prices are still good. But it won’t be for very long and the future ladder seasons will be worse.
Gold: 5,943.49
Oct 19 2021 05:49pm
Chinese housing market is crashing man, THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL FOLLOW.

Read into Evergrande, don’t tell them I sent you
Gold: 3,500.00
Oct 19 2021 05:53pm
Quote (dbish1 @ Oct 19 2021 03:31pm)
made 15k fg from d2r so far. haven't spent a penny.
Feels good.

Lies
Gold: 4,465.00
Oct 19 2021 06:17pm
Not going to quote that entire post but damn..
.08 gaze, AO_NewIth, strength gloves, white rings, wiz spike gloves, occy rings, glitched small charms w/ +100 stats..GOOD times back in 1.09

LMAO
Gold: 0.69
Oct 19 2021 06:27pm
Quote (e7331 @ Oct 20 2021 08:44am)
It's easy, you just convince half a nation of retards that if they buy and hold JAH/BER, that the rich mother fuckers that are milking the entire system for virtually free money will be forced to pay you what you ask for.

Then, once said retards have purchased all available JAHs/Bers, driving the price of them to record highs, you absolutely fucking DUMP your available Jahs and Bers. Suddenly, they are worth 500.

After that, you buy ALL available supply to jack the price back up to exactly what they were before.

Next step is to keep JAH/BER at that price, and sell ludicrous call contracts to a bunch of retards trying to just make an enigma for the first time, chasing the dream.

You give me your money now, and, if JAH/BER explodes again just like it happened before (remember when that price exploded! wow!) in like a month... you'll have 50x the amount you have now.

Keep the price the same for a year

Milk the entire system for virtually free money

Except that shortly most people are going to have an enigma, and they really only need one. People simply will need less of Jah's and Ber's due to enigma saturation, big factor there.
Gold: 83.75
Oct 19 2021 06:36pm
Quote (TheOnlyDenny @ Oct 19 2021 07:35pm)
Well, easiest explanation I was able to come with to explain the recent price rollercoaster with highrunes: At the beginning of the game, people were stacking MF. Like why want a grief if you'd rather use an Ist'ed Ali Baba?

HRs became cheaper.

Then there came a time when people slowly transferred from MFing to optimizing their chars. They tossed away their skullders for a CoH, the substituted a Gull for a Hoto and did many other things.

HR prices rose.

Now people are slowly becoming saturated with these top tier items.

HR prices decline further.

That's my logic.

naw homie, player count is literally the only thing that effects HR dropping more. Mf matters 0.

Yes i'm right. Trust me.
Gold: 5,660.25
Oct 19 2021 06:52pm
Quote (e7331 @ Oct 19 2021 07:22pm)
I also was very surprised at first... but then I settled on the notion that the D2 economy I've known through my life is this:

1.07/LoD releases - I was fucking 11. I was like level 37. I was d2 poor as fuck. Ya'll remember the weapon switch glitch that would allow you to equip two weapons at once? good times

1.08 - I was still a god damn noob. Windforces were like 45 Sojs unid.

1.09 Start - Virtually all end game items I remember at the time were worth sojs. Despite insane amounts of duping, oculus and shako remained the same Soj price for what felt like years. The price was the price. I don't really remember too much fluctuation. *Fun Fact, 3 weeks later after 1.09 dropped, I found out 9/11 happened because somebody said "omfg a plane just crashed into the world trade center" in the channel Cowz. One of the most vivid memories of my life.*

1.09 Middle - At this point, I was in one of the cows channels, and someone randomly said "Hey i'm quitting... anybody want all my gear? It's pretty good". I message the guy, as I figured this was another elaborate scam, but I was bored this day. Jesus christ diablo 2 was really the wild wild west back then. He tells me to make a game. He joins. I'm like... dude i don't really believe you. Why would you just give me all your gear? He drops an item on the ground. It's a vamp gaze. I pick it up and look at it. It's a 1.08 Vamp gaze. This guy not only wasn't lying, all his shit was godly. Suddenly I was rich. Very rich. I remember instantly going in to the trade channel after and starting to make trades for the items I had been drooling over forever. - And i'm pretty sure, despite again gigantic duping efforts, etc etc etc, the price of a Shako then was the price of a shako a year ago.

1.09 End - Occy ring 4 15 sojs Zephyr bow for 35 - god i miss my zephyr bowazon that thing fucking wrecked

didn't play for years

Came back with a new ladder, latest patch at this point.

Play with my buddy, we farm for like a week and a half, the shit we found in the first 3 days covers enough FG to buy HRs in week 2. Lol I think a lot of people Bot now?

2 years later, same cycle, Botted some, was fun

Covid 19- got bored - played June Reset, me and same buddy farm for a week and a half. Prices plummet after 3 days. Realize that basically everyone who plays the game still on bnet is botting. Get back in to botting. Do 8 accounts. Actually have a blast, however, D2 becomes a game in which I micromanage my bot and then list shit for sale on d2jsp. Virtually 0 actual playing.

SO: In conclusion, I believe that high runes SHOULD be the price that they were over the weekend into the foreseeable future. A players 1 bot probably only finds 2 hr a week at fucking MAX. My players 8 team who cleared entire games in 10 minutes found like a jah+ber+sick ass rare a week.

Not only that, because the of the min/max nature of the type of game that us old school d2jspers play the game, They get high tier MF shit as soon as possible, and then sell it as soon as they have enough FG to make the character they actually want to play. Meaning, a lot of these items become available on d2jsp at the same time frame, leading the price to drop. I think items on the Oculus / Shako / Skulders tier are actually priced very low at this point, as they should be in a Natural D2 economy.

Two things to counterargue what I know people are going to say

Shared stashes aren't going to lead to a price crash in this game. Okay yes, you only need One enigma per account. But My hammerdin has one, and now my lightning sorc that I box while playing my hdin.... also needs one. Also let's be fucking real. The people who are going to be swapping shakos between characters aren't your average d2jspers. You autistic mother fuckers will pay 90x price over the difference of 1 fucking defense on a pair of boots because they are "perfect". You're going to buy shakos for each character you want to play. And they are probably going to be on a separate account each.

TWO: And the most important. Even if there is a chinese pindle bot out....................... first of all pindle doesn't drop shit. How many of ya'll have done 300 pindle runs and have found a 28 vipermagi as the best item? I know you are out there. Second of all. The bot economy YOU are all used to is a bot economy in which the higher end bot users are botting literal thousands accounts, and even the most casual of bot users such as I was, is going to be running 8 characters at once. Not only that, botting d2LoD required next to 0 computer power. My main computer that gets 300 fps in just about every game I play... starts to struggle a little bit and dips into the 80 fps range sometimes while running 2 characters. Basically what i'm getting at is, botting in week 4 of D2R is a SMALL, VERY SMALL fraction of what it was. Id guarantee that 99% of all players playing the game right now are real players, or people boxing 2+ characters. While before, Post 2012ish, 95% of the active characters on d2lod bnet were controlled by bots.

Well fucking said. Your experience with D2 is very similar to mine. I stopped playing back in 1.12 I think because the game was nothing but botters. I remember having GODLY gear. Btals, fletch, 08 valk, etc, and I knew many, many people who were duping back then via bonewall+ meteor sorc dupe method. I can't remember if that was 1.12 or not but it def was around that. I also really miss uber leveling. That shit was so fun.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll