d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > How Do You Get Past Act 3?
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,585.00
Oct 19 2021 07:26pm
Quote (MoritzSeider @ Oct 19 2021 09:23pm)
When i do that i just go for the wp, and go do an andy run or two since the marsh is inbetween the flayer dungeon and spider tavern.. so feel it gives me enough progress to take a break from a3 lol

That's a good idea. Do an Andy and maybe countess run to get my mind straight.
Gold: 74.92
Oct 19 2021 09:11pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (DYKWIA @ Oct 20 2021 02:21pm)
Haha, maybe!

It's just frustrating when I get to great marsh before finding the eye then think to myself "Damnit, I did it again".

this is not to do with bad game design, but you being a retard. as stated earlier

you refuse to believe it, but you're just shit at the game. Stop blaming the act
Gold: 9,655.00
Oct 19 2021 09:26pm
Quote (tributedruid @ Oct 19 2021 03:38pm)
Look into diablo 2 speed running guides. There is a logic to the jungles. Mrllamasc is very popular and has some YouTube guides. Those are all I've seen and while I'm still confused it clarifies some of the things enough that while you're still lost... you know why you're lost... and the options to explore feel finite. I'm sure other guides exist if you look for them

This
Play through act 3 like 4 or 5 times after watching some guides on it
Then it's ggez

Quote (Sakata @ Oct 19 2021 10:11pm)
this is not to do with bad game design, but you being a retard. as stated earlier

you refuse to believe it, but you're just shit at the game. Stop blaming the act

Also this
Once you practice and learn the map logic and what to do to efficiently get spider and flayer done you will be like "damn I was a noob before" :hug:

This post was edited by killachmy on Oct 19 2021 09:28pm
Gold: 40.64
Oct 19 2021 09:39pm
I walk it sometimes and I'm not in a rush. But there is a general pattern i follow to avoid missing objectives and backtracking. Imagine your computer screen is the map. Explore all the areas to the top left corner of your screen and bottom right of the screen before continuing to the top right. In other words explore the southeast and northwest before continuing to the northeast (leads to Kurast). As you go northeast be sure to take any paths that break off in the directions i mentioned- they lead to the dungeon, cavern, waypoints, gidbin, etc. Yes it takes time but it works out ok.

If you're really in a hurry I guess do what people said already- research a speed runner and see how it's done. Google / YouTube should serve you well.
Oct 19 2021 10:03pm
This has already been dealt with. Sakata is just being a troll and he's mad because I blocked him. He and tastegw have been doing nothing but insulting and name calling all evening even though I stopped replying to them.

Quote (killachmy @ Oct 19 2021 11:26pm)
This
Play through act 3 like 4 or 5 times after watching some guides on it
Then it's ggez

Also this
Once you practice and learn the map logic and what to do to efficiently get spider and flayer done you will be like "damn I was a noob before" :hug:

Even the in the guides they say it's complicated because things aren't always in the same places. They can be interchanged. There's a reason there are people that make act 3 guides. But they're still not 100% efficient. I watched Llama in a couple of his playthroughs and even he had to backtrack.
Gold: 9,655.00
Oct 19 2021 10:05pm
Quote (DYKWIA @ Oct 19 2021 11:03pm)
This has already been dealt with. Sakata is just being a troll and he's mad because I blocked him. He and tastegw have been doing nothing but insulting and name calling all evening even though I stopped replying to them.

Even the in the guides they say it's complicated because things aren't always in the same places. They can be interchanged. There's a reason there are people that make act 3 guides. But they're still not 100% efficient. I watched Llama in a couple of his playthroughs and even he had to backtrack.

Main thing is
The maps have 3 coves marked by the poles
What's in each cove
What's a great marsh skip
How to go farther and later backtrack with tp or wp

Play through it 4 or 5 times on different chars in normal after watching the guide and you will be Gucci
That's what I did and I always thought act 3 was death before lol
Oct 19 2021 10:13pm
I have played through the game dozens of times. I was trying to ask for a way so I don't have to back track. That's the problem. Seeing as pros(MrLlama) still backtracks in his runs I see that the problem isn't me. Now in an other video where they show potential layouts for the maps, it helps a bit but still doesn't make it easier than any other act.
Gold: 13,564.90
Oct 20 2021 07:37am
Quote (DYKWIA @ Oct 20 2021 12:13am)
I have played through the game dozens of times. I was trying to ask for a way so I don't have to back track. That's the problem. Seeing as pros(MrLlama) still backtracks in his runs I see that the problem isn't me. Now in an other video where they show potential layouts for the maps, it helps a bit but still doesn't make it easier than any other act.

Except the quickest way through A3 if you are playing solo offline is to backtrack. Just follow the entire map around clockwise and kill everything and level as you go. The map is like a stick with multiple branches. Follow the left edge and go clockwise, eventually you will get to lower Kurast. Once you get lower Kurast WP, you go back down through and follow the other wall. It is very simple.. This is the shortest way through without constantly backtracking.

This is why I skip tomb runs and go straight to A3. Plenty XP to be had in A3. But I just do what I told before. And just go to a game with people in A4 or A5 and don't bother collecting the parts.
Gold: 138.36
Warn: 30%
Oct 20 2021 02:13pm
Quote (xSkyzzles @ Oct 19 2021 01:45pm)
i spent too long doing an act 3 walk through and i am now traumatized for life

finding durance level 3 :rofl:
Gold: 2,083.00
Oct 20 2021 02:21pm
Just run through the act and go in every little "side area" off the main path. Eventually you'll find a Spider Cavern, get the quest item there. Then you'll find the gidbinn, you can kill him and Ormus will give you a ring. The Flayer Dungeon is next to the gidbinn, so go down to the bottom of that to get the next quest item. Now things get easy, you just finish the "run to trav" bit but stop in the sewers in the Kurast Bazaar or Upper Kurast. Run around the edges of that map till you find the crank and the unique bat pack. Kill that pack, hit the crank and go down and get the last quest item. Finish the "run to trav" except this time, just pick up the flail, cube it with your quest items, and go in to durance. It's really not that hard. Sure it takes some time, but if you just came out of a tomb run, you'll be getting great xp still from all the monsters.

People underrate act 3 for it's xp. Most people literally just kill the trav pack, and mephisto, and wonder why they are too low of level to effectively kill or get xp in act 4.

If you just run through killing stuff, it actually doesn't take much longer than act 1 or 2, because unless you get really unlucky with the pathing it's mostly just a straight run through.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll