d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Eth Ariocs > Ebotd Wp On Travs
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,120.31
Oct 18 2021 09:07am
Some dude sold his GF barb with all the goodies except he was using 15/40 jeweled eth 4skill Ariocs. I have to try it so I recreate the same and the guy was not bullshitting.yerc finishes trav significantly faster with Ariocs. The +4 buffs Might even further and the DS seriously booms.

I couldn't find any info on Google about this, does anyone have more details on this absolute gem?
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Oct 18 2021 09:15am
Well there is a member called Celidion that was very passionate here about gf barbs, and he found out this too. Sent me a message about it:

Quote (Celidion @ 14 Oct 2021 07:09)
So, I was fooling around with this calculator, which is pretty cool. Tried out a whole bunch of different weapons on the A2, and even A5, merc.

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/

EBOTD WP beats just about everyhing if you're using Wealth+CoT.

Guess what it doesn't beat though? Fucking Arioc's Needle lmfao. The +4 Skills hitting both Might and Jab, along with the massive 50% DS makes it pretty nuts. I imagine it's hard to find eth ones cuz idek if people pick that shit up, but I'm going to try to get a 230ED/+4 skills one. It's more DPS on paper, but BOTD does give your merc a tonnn of leech and +30 All attributes isn't nothing. Figured I'd let ya know.

Finding that weapon with +4 skills, which is a variable from 2-4, isn't the easiest though. Also damage is variable.
Gold: 53,245.00
Oct 18 2021 09:16am
Quote (TheKRatosisKilliniT @ Oct 18 2021 11:07am)
Some dude sold his GF barb with all the goodies except he was using 15/40 jeweled eth 4skill Ariocs. I have to try it so I recreate the same and the guy was not bullshitting.yerc finishes trav significantly faster with Ariocs. The +4 buffs Might even further and the DS seriously booms.

I couldn't find any info on Google about this, does anyone have more details on this absolute gem?

That "dude" was me, lmk if you have any questions haha, spent over a dozen hours researching and testing everything GF barb related. I've said it before, many items in this game are very strong but just quickly dismissed by the communtiy. I tried to find data on it myself and everyone used stuff like Bonehew/Tomb Reaver, which both fucking suck.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=87637117&f=268

This post was edited by Celidion on Oct 18 2021 09:17am
Gold: 14,120.31
Oct 18 2021 09:19am
Quote (Celidion @ Oct 18 2021 09:16am)
That "dude" was me, lmk if you have any questions haha, spent over a dozen hours researching and testing everything GF barb related. I've said it before, many items in this game are very strong but just quickly dismissed by the communtiy. I tried to find data on it myself and everyone used stuff like Bonehew/Tomb Reaver, which both fucking suck.

Hahahaha I made this because I failed finding your post! Thanks man!!!
Oct 18 2021 09:25am
Quote (TheKRatosisKilliniT @ Oct 18 2021 11:19am)
Hahahaha I made this because I failed finding your post! Thanks man!!!

No worries, thanks for the tag Taurean. I tested close to every unique Polearm and Spear, and runeword. I got that Eth perfect Arioc's for 500 which was honestly overpay but there aren't exactly a ton of perfect ones about and I just wanted it lol. The DS and +4 skills really push it to the top, especially once you factor in Gavel of Pain's amp. Both wayyy better than stuff like Reaper's Toll. I'd definitely recommend WC over Leap as well, as it keeps the mobs bundled up for easy amping. The +4 skills is just a cherry on top. I tried it with Fort+Andy's once and it was just hilarious how fast that shit decimated trav.

Also people who put Lem's in their merc's weapon make me cringe hard as fuck, please don't do that.
Gold: 13,501.00
Oct 18 2021 09:32am
Quote (Celidion @ Oct 18 2021 08:16am)

What this is awesome. I've been trying to outfit my gf barb for hell and have tried Eth Bonehew and it is WAY too slow.

Maybe can get my hands on an Ariocs that's eth and isn't crazy exp
Oct 18 2021 09:36am
Quote (Jaytron @ Oct 18 2021 11:32am)
What this is awesome. I've been trying to outfit my gf barb for hell and have tried Eth Bonehew and it is WAY too slow.

Maybe can get my hands on an Ariocs that's eth and isn't crazy exp

Bonehew is ass, there's nothing special about the item. People see two sockets and go "IMA PUT 2 LEMS IN IT" which is absolutely the wrong way of thinking. Why would you waste 2 slots on your most important item to gain a marginal 150% Goldfind, whereas 2 35/15ias jewels could increase your DPS by 10-20%? Makes no sense to me. Arioc's is pretty cheap and beats EBOTD WP, but if I couldn't find that idk I'd prob go with an Obedience or something despite the cold damage. Hone Sundan is decent too, and possibly even the best if you 3xLo it. I never thought of that until today, but why the fuck would you waste 3 Los on a Hone Sundan ya know lol.

Insight is unironically pretty good due to the crit but I never tested it. You can make up for having a shittier weapon by just using G Face and/or Treachery. These especially help Obedience because of it's massive CB, but my merc was legit 1-2 hitting shit with Arioc's + Amp, even the 3 super's sometimes.

This post was edited by Celidion on Oct 18 2021 09:38am
Gold: 13,501.00
Oct 18 2021 09:42am
Quote (Celidion @ Oct 18 2021 08:36am)
Bonehew is ass, there's nothing special about the item. People see two sockets and go "IMA PUT 2 LEMS IN IT" which is absolutely the wrong way of thinking. Why would you waste 2 slots on your most important item to gain a marginal 150% Goldfind, whereas 2 35/15ias jewels could increase your DPS by 10-20%? Makes no sense to me. Arioc's is pretty cheap and beats EBOTD WP, but if I couldn't find that idk I'd prob go with an Obedience or something despite the cold damage. Hone Sundan is decent too, and possibly even the best if you 3xLo it. I never thought of that until today, but why the fuck would you waste 3 Los on a Hone Sundan ya know lol.

Insight is unironically pretty good due to the crit but I never tested it. You can make up for having a shittier weapon by just using G Face and/or Treachery. These especially help Obedience because of it's massive CB, but my merc was legit 1-2 hitting shit with Arioc's + Amp, even the 3 super's sometimes.

Yeah, I was contemplating some ED/IAS Jewels in mine, or at least 2x Shael. Honestly even with Treachery and some ED jewels the eth Bonehew was doing garbage damage. And if the merc doesn't kill fast enough he'll eventually get owned (leap barb) when I run out of pots or something. I've resigned to just doing NM for now, but it feels bad. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and research!

I need to get myself a gavel too. I was just using WC sticks on swithc lol
Oct 18 2021 09:47am
Quote (Jaytron @ Oct 18 2021 11:42am)
Yeah, I was contemplating some ED/IAS Jewels in mine, or at least 2x Shael. Honestly even with Treachery and some ED jewels the eth Bonehew was doing garbage damage. And if the merc doesn't kill fast enough he'll eventually get owned (leap barb) when I run out of pots or something. I've resigned to just doing NM for now, but it feels bad. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and research!

I need to get myself a gavel too. I was just using WC sticks on swithc lol

Yeah Gavel is literally night and day difference, can't recommend it enough. Most mobs, including council, have 50% phys res in hell. Amp is overpowered as fuck in LOD at a whopping -100% phys, so it brings em from 50 to -50, 3x damage, which also means 3x leech. Much better than decrep for damage, and also obviously breaks immunities. If I didn't have Gavel amp I honestly wouldn't have done this shit and just stuck to my initial plan of Zerk or WW for GF barb, but the amp makes a massive difference.
Gold: 3.00
Oct 18 2021 10:40am
So is Arioc just good on all builds then if it has the 4 skills and Eth? If it beats Reapers Toll, then a Nec who has access to Decrep and Amp 100% of the time would then benefit more off Eth Arioc for damage. Not like a Nec would use it over Insight or Infinity, but damage to damage it would make sense.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll