d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ls In 2021 Compared To 2008
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,857.01
Oct 15 2021 05:27am
Hey everyone,

An old soul here(can't recover previous account).
I'm considering starting playing LS again, and I expected it would be different but I was surprised to see I can barely recognize most of the stuff :/

The most frustrating thing is that it seems the arena was removed and now I have to spend more of the time walking in catacombs rather than fighting. Is there some mod like this now or is it all gone in favor of the walking/exploring mechanic? I'm not interested in that and would like to just SLASH :D

If I can still do that in some game mode can somebody walk me through the most important and changes during the past 10 years? If not, thanks anyway but walking around trying to find something to fight is not my type of beer.

Best regards
Gold: 1,132.51
Oct 15 2021 05:34am
Quote (Gagumata @ Oct 15 2021 07:27am)
Hey everyone,

An old soul here(can't recover previous account).
I'm considering starting playing LS again, and I expected it would be different but I was surprised to see I can barely recognize most of the stuff :/

The most frustrating thing is that it seems the arena was removed and now I have to spend more of the time walking in catacombs rather than fighting. Is there some mod like this now or is it all gone in favor of the walking/exploring mechanic? I'm not interested in that and would like to just SLASH :D

If I can still do that in some game mode can somebody walk me through the most important and changes during the past 10 years? If not, thanks anyway but walking around trying to find something to fight is not my type of beer.

Best regards

you can spam the letter "T" on your keyboard if you do not wish to explore the catacombs, this "whistles" and calls mobs to spawn.. no having to press "g" to engage the screen. just hit T..

as before if you die in hc, you loose the char and all gear on it.

well and arena are gone from town, but most of the mechanics are the same. a few new objectives, and a slightly better GUI interface.

welcome back :)
Gold: 42,675.01
Trader: Trusted
Oct 15 2021 06:06am
The game now you can play on mobile its a major thing 😀
And for the rest.. always the same fun climbing over and over :)
Gold: 18,857.01
Oct 15 2021 06:16am
Thanks guys, appreciate the replies!

Quote (Canadian_Born @ Oct 15 2021 02:34pm)
you can spam the letter "T" on your keyboard if you do not wish to explore the catacombs, this "whistles" and calls mobs to spawn.. no having to press "g" to engage the screen. just hit T..

as before if you die in hc, you loose the char and all gear on it.

well and arena are gone from town, but most of the mechanics are the same. a few new objectives, and a slightly better GUI interface.

welcome back :)

Great to know, thanks, that T button is a game changer!

Quote (archangel_of_heaven @ Oct 15 2021 03:06pm)
The game now you can play on mobile its a major thing 😀
And for the rest.. always the same fun climbing over and over :)

Well yeah, I never really transitioned to mobile gaming or anything else other than PC and don't think I ever will(diehard PC gamer here) so that's irrelevant to me but hope it'll bring some more activity to the game. It doesn't seem as active as it once was, but I'm here to strengthen the ranks :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll be coming up with some more questions in the upcoming days. In the meantime if you have any advice or new stuff I should know about don't hesitate to share :P
Gold: 1,132.51
Oct 15 2021 06:40am
Quote (Gagumata @ Oct 15 2021 08:16am)

It doesn't seem as active as it once was, but I'm here to strengthen the ranks :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll be coming up with some more questions in the upcoming days. In the meantime if you have any advice or new stuff I should know about don't hesitate to share :P

np at all :)

selecting gear with high enhanced effect and appropriate dex/str charm (as per the weapon set of your choice) will greatly improve speed in climbing. most common sought after sets being dagger/staff/axes, padded robes/scales, and to make them useable on all classes, lights/wilds for stat and ee charms (ee charms for when you hit wl and have to cast).

sc ls is the most common ground to start slashing on, but if you are really after a challenge you should come to hc :). yes there is always the risk of loosing everything if by chance you die. but thats the challenge.. dont rip! lol

gear on hc IS harder to source as well, which makes climbing a bit more difficult, and the gear a bit more pricy for high end MQ gear (50/55+)

on both cores there is no longer the standard 1-71 which WAS applied to all classes. upon pass there is an additional +2 levels you have to climb to reach MQ.

example:
feeder: 1-71
samu: 1-73
paladin: 1-75

.. and so on.

I hope to see you around maybe on hc... the only core i play ;)
Gold: 435.09
Trader: Trusted
Oct 15 2021 09:47am
Quote (Gagumata @ Oct 15 2021 09:16am)

Well yeah, I never really transitioned to mobile gaming or anything else other than PC and don't think I ever will(diehard PC gamer here) so that's irrelevant to me but hope it'll bring some more activity to the game. It doesn't seem as active as it once was, but I'm here to strengthen the ranks :thumbsup:

Softcore group climbs take less than an hour unless the groups are bad.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll