d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Golf > I Suck At Putting
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,145.95
Warn: 10%
Nov 23 2021 10:38pm
I do find myself occasionally struggling with concentration and focus -- but I believe more often than not, it's me simply not committing to a shot or a putt.

For the most part, my back and hips are as healthy as they've been in years. I occasionally will have tightness in my back following days where my workouts focus on legs/back/abs and occasionally, I will have it stiffen up during a round - in particular scramble tournaments where you have 6+ hour rounds and spend a lot of time in the cart doing nothing.

I'm not entirely sure why I decided to switch from a draw to a fade other than I wanted to play a shot that I felt I could hit with more consistency. With the draw, I would occasionally have that big snapper that just took me OB. My mishit now with a fade has been a bit of a double cross. I ideally would like to learn to play both because I believe if you want to be a truly good golfer, you need to be able to work it both ways.

This is all solid advice that you have given me. My big focus over this winter is going to be on developing more flexibility in my hips and lower back and working on my takeaway. I noticed today that the drives I hit poorly, my backswing got long -- when that happens I hit awful shots. When I kept the backswing shorter, the club stayed in position and fell into slot quite easily and I was able to hit good shots.

Definitely keep me updated on the website!
Gold: 0.00
Nov 25 2021 09:26am
everyone on this post keepin the game alive. love this stuff. Good advice from everyone and its awesome no one swing is really the same. Dont forget to stretch and get limber, no one really know how 18 holes can take a toll on your body when its one of the sports that usues every large and small musscle in your body
Gold: 11,075.00
Nov 27 2021 04:16pm
Quote (Knarglegarth @ Nov 24 2021 02:38pm)
I do find myself occasionally struggling with concentration and focus -- but I believe more often than not, it's me simply not committing to a shot or a putt.

For the most part, my back and hips are as healthy as they've been in years. I occasionally will have tightness in my back following days where my workouts focus on legs/back/abs and occasionally, I will have it stiffen up during a round - in particular scramble tournaments where you have 6+ hour rounds and spend a lot of time in the cart doing nothing.

I'm not entirely sure why I decided to switch from a draw to a fade other than I wanted to play a shot that I felt I could hit with more consistency. With the draw, I would occasionally have that big snapper that just took me OB. My mishit now with a fade has been a bit of a double cross. I ideally would like to learn to play both because I believe if you want to be a truly good golfer, you need to be able to work it both ways.

This is all solid advice that you have given me. My big focus over this winter is going to be on developing more flexibility in my hips and lower back and working on my takeaway. I noticed today that the drives I hit poorly, my backswing got long -- when that happens I hit awful shots. When I kept the backswing shorter, the club stayed in position and fell into slot quite easily and I was able to hit good shots.

Definitely keep me updated on the website!

Hey mate, glad to have help. Keep reading over what I said in the previous post addresses alot of the stuff you want to be working on. Take away with body not arms keeps the rhythm and length down.

A good check/drill for takeaway length is. Take golf posture and lift arms and club straight up keeping your golf posture, go up to the point where your scaps/shoulder blades want to shift out of place to get around your noggin (head) just before they shift is about as high as you can go without losing your golf posture. Now once in this position turn your body to full backswing position and you should see where your arms and club is in relation to your shoulders/head. Just about shoulder higher might be slightly higher. It sounds weird but it makes sense if you can't do it in golf posture facing forward then that means when you are at full backswing when your head is not in the road the only way you can move it is outside of your centred chest position by moving your hands.

A lot of the stuff I have said to you may make sense but as you go through the journey of practice they will make more sense and mean different things to you when you refect back on it. So just keep reading over it and pick at it. Biggest tip. Do mirror work! Haha. It literally makes you a good golfer.
Gold: 11,345.06
Warn: 10%
Nov 27 2021 04:40pm
It's all in the hips.

Gold: 11,075.00
Nov 28 2021 12:03am
Quote (Sturmgeist @ Nov 28 2021 08:40am)
It's all in the hips.

https://i.imgur.com/Wtm0CLV.gif

Haha. I have actually played golf at the couple of courses it was filmed at. Amazing place!
Go Back To Golf Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll