d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Cannabis Grower Discussion
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 26,788.00
Oct 4 2021 08:03pm
Heeey,

Any fellow growers out there? Of course i am speaking about Legally grown medical or recreational Cannabis...

Been teaching my dad how to grow and he has 3 pretty decent plants trying to finish out before the weather gets too bad. We live in OR. so im a little concerned we are going to face some pretty nasty bud rot if we cant get another couple weeks of sun. we have already been seeing a small amount of powdery mildew, but i removed the infected section and treated the stems with some potassium bicarbonate mix. Does anyone have any experience spraying potassium bicarbonate late in to flower? i have heard you CAN do it but i am not sure if i want to, depending on how it effects the flower. Regardless, i have yet to see another outbreak during this nice patch of sun we are having. We are securing a tarp over them when it does rain. Still i fear as soon as we get a few more consecutive days of rain, so too shall come the powdery mildew.. we have considered putting fans out there, but they are in the open for the most part so there should be plenty of natural airflow. Any suggestions?

We are in some 35 gallon fabric pots using Roots organic soil (i think it was their 707 blend but i cant remember now)
PERSONALLY i like to use Roots Organic FULL organic "Buddah" Nutrient line, but i set my dad up with some of their "Aurora" Nutrient line. It is mostly organic but has SOME synthetic nutrients so its easier to use and actually buffers the PH pretty well so you likely wont need to adjust it too much depending on the strength of feed you are using. either way, i have had some pretty great results from Roots. I would love to build my own organic living soil, and brew my own organic tea.. does anyone have some solid information about this? Actual amounts of soil amendments and a solid process for baking the soil.

Topics i would really love to talk about:

Tell me about your setup
Anything organic
Beneficial Insects/Fungi
Pest/Disease Detection/Prevention
Increasing Bud density
Increasing Resin production
Whatchu no bout Terpenes?
Mycorrhizal fungi
Soil Microbiome
Drying/Curing

ALSO if anyone is wondering if legal cannabis could potentially help relieve something that may be ailing them but would like more information about it, please feel free to ask.
I am very passionate and knowledgeable about cannabis and although i would never make any kind of medical recommendations, i would be happy to share some knowledge and answer any questions.

This post was edited by SmokeThatDank on Oct 4 2021 08:07pm
Gold: 6,904.69
Oct 5 2021 01:32pm
edit

This post was edited by Unbornsav on Oct 5 2021 01:59pm
Gold: 26,788.00
Oct 5 2021 02:12pm
Quote (Unbornsav @ Oct 5 2021 12:32pm)
Ro is good soil i use FFof but might be switching to Ro i've heard good things

FFof is just a little too hot for younger plants.. its nice because you can literally just transplant until flower without feeding them any additional nutrients, wont be a huge yield but it can work really well in those closet grows, but because its so hot you can easily burn younger or weaker plants. ALSO there is a one upside/downside (depending on how you look at it) to using FFof soil.... they include a predatory soil mite, they are awesome for controlling root aphids, fungus gnat larva and other small soil dwelling pests and really strengthening your soil microbiome. Sounds pretty great right? Well, the unfortunate downside to them including them in their soil is the fact, to keep them alive, they also include fungus gnat larva in the soil as a food source while the soil sits in transit and on your local grow store shelf. A very common issue for ppl when using FFof is seeing fungus gnats quite literally fly out of a fresh bag after opening. TBH these soil mites would be pretty expensive and likely hard to get to propagate for beginners, and fungus gnats arent too hard to deal with so its pretty awesome they include these imo.. The reason i prefer roots is because i prefer the consistency of the soil, FF IMO is too dense and needs to be mixed with some more perlite and maybe some more peat moss or coco coir. tbh i may try mixing some FFos with some Ro just to get those soil mites.

I actually washed the root mass of a plant with orange force, during a transplant, because i thought they were pests not beneficials. lol i was pretty upset when i found out later that i killed them and stressed the plant for nothing..
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll