d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Covid Virus
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Oct 13 2021 02:03pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 13 2021 02:32pm)
i am the one who gave evidence, quite a lot might i add. you gave jack shit. so please you give some evidence for your theory, thank you :blush:
edit:

this is false as well. fauci did lie, as he first said he had absolutely nothing to do with any gain of function research, and later when he got caught, he just said "well yes we did gain of function research, but not on that virus". that was actually why rand paul grilled him on it, as although there is no proof fauci made sars cov 2 specifically, he did fund gain of function research in that particular lab and COULD HAVE MADE sars cov 2

You didn't give any evidence though, and you are misrepresenting the interaction. Rand quickly backpedaled when Fauci corrected him, and after Fauci called him out for saying "would you like to apologize to the millions dead from Covid".

Rand is a garbage human and super dumb to boot, so if he's the best you got I think you should reconsider your position lol
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 13 2021 02:17pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 13 2021 10:03pm)
You didn't give any evidence though, and you are misrepresenting the interaction. Rand quickly backpedaled when Fauci corrected him, and after Fauci called him out for saying "would you like to apologize to the millions dead from Covid".

Rand is a garbage human and super dumb to boot, so if he's the best you got I think you should reconsider your position lol

i gave evidence which you chose to ignore, so heres the actual video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFoaBV_cTek

if you need translation (and since you are blinded by bias, you probably do), rand is grilling him because there is proof that they funded gain of function research and rand was also very clear about it, there is no evidence the specific virus in question was created, but there is evidence that gain of function type of research was done in that particular lab. fauci doesnt even try to deny it, but he does try to change the subject to rand accusing him of creating that particular virus. fauci has been confirmed to have funded gain of function type of research in the wuhan lab

the specific virus, no proof yet. but theres too much indirect evidence as i said, and fauci has been caught lying multiple times (on masks only he lied 10 times in a span of a few months) that his integrity is seriously questionable :mellow:

again, on calling rand paul "garbage human" and "super dumb", you might give evidence because he seems pretty smart to me and extremely fair compared to pretty much any other politician ive seen lately. i require evidence, oh triggered leftist :lol: !
Oct 13 2021 02:47pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 13 2021 03:17pm)
i gave evidence which you chose to ignore, so heres the actual video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFoaBV_cTek

if you need translation (and since you are blinded by bias, you probably do), rand is grilling him because there is proof that they funded gain of function research and rand was also very clear about it, there is no evidence the specific virus in question was created, but there is evidence that gain of function type of research was done in that particular lab. fauci doesnt even try to deny it, but he does try to change the subject to rand accusing him of creating that particular virus. fauci has been confirmed to have funded gain of function type of research in the wuhan lab

the specific virus, no proof yet. but theres too much indirect evidence as i said, and fauci has been caught lying multiple times (on masks only he lied 10 times in a span of a few months) that his integrity is seriously questionable :mellow:

again, on calling rand paul "garbage human" and "super dumb", you might give evidence because he seems pretty smart to me and extremely fair compared to pretty much any other politician ive seen lately. i require evidence, oh triggered leftist :lol: !

https://journals.plos.org/plospathogens/article?id=10.1371/journal.ppat.1006698

This is the referenced paper.

They did not do what Rand Paul says they did, because he is leaving out important factors.

They specifically took already existant genes from a group of coronaviruses they found in a single cave that they already knew were engaging in recombination events and showed that proper recombination could result in infection of HeLa cells using the ACE2 receptor.

So no, there was no gain of function becasue all of the genes and functions were already present in the wild viruses they isolated.

This is why we defer to scientists like Fauci who are experts in the field and not politicians to make judgements about scientific research. Rand Paul simply doesn't understand the material, or he is actively misrepresenting the material. That could be fine if he was asking Fauci to clarify, but he immediately makes accusations instead of defering to somebody who actually understands what he's looking at.
Oct 13 2021 03:44pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 13 2021 10:47pm)

They did not do what Rand Paul says they did, because he is leaving out important factors.

They specifically took already existant genes from a group of coronaviruses they found in a single cave that they already knew were engaging in recombination events and showed that proper recombination could result in infection of HeLa cells using the ACE2 receptor.

So no, there was no gain of function becasue all of the genes and functions were already present in the wild viruses they isolated.

This is why we defer to scientists like Fauci who are experts in the field and not politicians to make judgements about scientific research. Rand Paul simply doesn't understand the material, or he is actively misrepresenting the material. That could be fine if he was asking Fauci to clarify, but he immediately makes accusations instead of defering to somebody who actually understands what he's looking at.

cant believe i had to read that entire shit just to confirm what rand said <_<

basically, and i quote from wikipedia, Gain-of-function research (GoF research or GoFR) is medical research that genetically alters an organism in a way that may enhance the biological functions of gene products. this is exactly what was done in the lab, fauci literally doesnt even try to deny it, he just denies that the particular corona thats now everywhere was made in that research. do the genes already exist (and some high ranking virologists seem to disagree), and did they find them in a single cave (kinda sus cause well, its china) doesnt even matter. a new, more infections virus was made, using gain of function tools like reverse genetics and such, in the wuhan lab :wacko: that is literally all rand said, although its hard to hear because fauci was the one interrupting him when he said it <_< i see nothing misinterpreted there, they made a new and more dangerous virus in that lab. thats all rand said and it fits the definition.
Oct 13 2021 03:46pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 13 2021 04:44pm)
cant believe i had to read that entire shit just to confirm what rand said <_<

basically, and i quote from wikipedia, Gain-of-function research (GoF research or GoFR) is medical research that genetically alters an organism in a way that may enhance the biological functions of gene products. this is exactly what was done in the lab, fauci literally doesnt even try to deny it, he just denies that the particular corona thats now everywhere was made in that research. do the genes already exist (and some high ranking virologists seem to disagree), and did they find them in a single cave (kinda sus cause well, its china) doesnt even matter. a new, more infections virus was made, using gain of function tools like reverse genetics and such, in the wuhan lab :wacko: that is literally all rand said, although its hard to hear because fauci was the one interrupting him when he said it <_< i see nothing misinterpreted there, they made a new and more dangerous virus in that lab. thats all rand said and it fits the definition.

When you cherry pick and then say "well wiki says this" it's not surprising you come to garbage conclusions.

You're the kind of person who reads a few wiki articles on chemistry and calls themselves a chemist because you don't know any better.
Oct 13 2021 03:58pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 13 2021 11:46pm)
When you cherry pick and then say "well wiki says this" it's not surprising you come to garbage conclusions.

You're the kind of person who reads a few wiki articles on chemistry and calls themselves a chemist because you don't know any better.

"wiki says this" means "even the goddamn wikipedia thats been snatched by leftists 10 years ago admits this"

its in the name man. gain-of-function. a new virus that gained new functions. thats all it says. im not saying fauci did it and neither does rand (well at least not directly). fauci isnt an idiot so i dont expect any direct evidence, but theres just too much of indirect one for you to not be at least fair enough to say "well it COULD HAVE happened". that smells like a bias to me <_<
Oct 13 2021 04:28pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 13 2021 10:47pm)

i do agree though that what you wrote here adds some evidence that fauci didnt know about the whole thing thats been done in wuhan. all those chinese papers seem to be written to reassure the NIH that their funds were well spent ("found in a single cave" in your post). fauci seems to be covering his ass as anyone would do, but i dont think he created the virus :unsure: also looking at this video 20 times, it seems his body language looks like he feels he is wrongly accused :unsure: feels like the chinese abused the funds to do their own, lets call it "less ethical" research :mellow: wouldnt be the first nor the last time though
Gold: 19.69
Oct 19 2021 09:50am
:ph34r: released on the pubic
Gold: 8,013.34
Nov 2 2021 10:47am
4th Reich
Gold: 6,050.23
Nov 5 2021 01:36pm
I mean at this point it doesn't really matter to me because it's here now and we will have to deal with it forever..
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll