d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Help Troubleshooting My Gpu
Add Reply New Topic
Senior Moderator
Gold: 12,837.69
Trader: Trusted
Sep 20 2021 06:07pm
I've already created a topic in the Misc Computer Help Section: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=85584674&f=199

However, GH is far more trafficked than that sub forum so I figured I would test my luck out here as well.

Lately I've been having an issue with my computer/what i'm assuming is my GPU

The issue is as follows:

During times my computer will crash/restart, and in doing so both of my computer screens "green screen". However, when the green screen happens there is no text/error message displayed on the screen, and it almost instantly restarts after the screens flash green.
Additionally, one of my monitors does not turn on/display all of the time despite it being plugged in, turned on, and plugged into the gpu. It will flicker/attempt to turn on (the LG symbol "flashes" dimly in the center of the monitor as it's trying to "click in" as well as you can hear some noises as if it's trying to turn on but just can't do it) - and it sometimes will turn on after going through this step

Here are my computer specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Ram: 16 GB DDR4

I'm currently running two monitors
First monitor (LG E2351) is hooked up to the GPU using an HDMI -> Display Port adapter
Second monitor (LG 27UD68P-B) is hooked up to the GPU using HDMI

The current display settings on my PC look like this:
https://i.imgur.com/6aMsKRM.png

You can see that based off of my display settings, my "1" monitor cannot be detected despite it being shown in the screenshot

Here is my current GPU performance: https://i.imgur.com/egc9P0m.png
Here is my other performance screen: https://i.imgur.com/PIugAqJ.png

I do not have any available updates through my AMD portal (as it was updated last week).

If you require any further information from me, please let me know and I will do my best to post it in a timely fashion!

E: Got this notification after a restart: https://i.imgur.com/Uu4yuHB.png

This post was edited by eerock on Sep 20 2021 06:15pm
Gold: 1,663.31
Sep 20 2021 06:15pm
I don't know much about computers but try just taking out the Hdmi to Display Port adapter, it can cause issues while displaying multiple monitors. I had a VGA to HDMI that would cause my main monitor to flicker once every few minutes and just turn off

E: also if this only started a week ago when you updated your graphics card you could always just roll it back to the previous version (I'm assuming you already looked up green screen of death fixes so I'm not bringing those up)

This post was edited by Butttruck on Sep 20 2021 06:32pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 20 2021 06:45pm
Remove and fresh install display drivers something may have corrupted

I know amd gets slot of flak for shitty drivers could be a case of

If you have any other tools other than wattman remove that aswell

This post was edited by eni9ma on Sep 20 2021 06:47pm
Senior Moderator
Sep 20 2021 07:21pm
Quote (eni9ma @ 20 Sep 2021 19:45)
Remove and fresh install display drivers something may have corrupted

I know amd gets slot of flak for shitty drivers could be a case of

If you have any other tools other than wattman remove that aswell

appeared to be a driver issue.

wiped my drivers with DDU and reinstalled using the AMD master. Ran cinebench and uningine at the highest settings for 10 minutes simultaneously and had no issues.

Both monitors are working fine as well.

Thanks to for assisting me through it
Gold: 6,032.00
Sep 20 2021 09:57pm
You seem to have resolved your issue; however I would like to recommend a few things to change up with your current setup: specifically your monitors ports

1 - Your LG 27UD68P-B is a fantastic monitor - I suggest swapping this from HDMI to DisplayPort since this monitor has this functionality and your other does not
2 - Your LG E2351 is currently stepping down signals with the DP converter. I suggest directly connecting this monitor to your GPUs native HDMI port
3 - Make sure each monitor is set to 60Hz in Windows settings - Right Click Desktop > Display settings > Advanced Settings > Drop down each monitor and set each to 60Hz

Going forward - AMD drivers are not good at staying up to date: do not trust the desktop app to update for you! Check AMD for newest drivers and do a fresh uninstall and reinstall each time you update

Also based on the error you posted on your edit: I would suggest opening your case and doing a reset on the GPU - pull it out, clean with isopropyl 70% or better and reinstall

If you ever have any other issues like this or related to your setup - feel free to message me! I own two cellphone & computer repair stores :D

Senior Moderator
Sep 20 2021 10:04pm
Quote (Joeman64p @ 20 Sep 2021 22:57)
You seem to have resolved your issue; however I would like to recommend a few things to change up with your current setup: specifically your monitors ports

1 - Your LG 27UD68P-B is a fantastic monitor - I suggest swapping this from HDMI to DisplayPort since this monitor has this functionality and your other does not
2 - Your LG E2351 is currently stepping down signals with the DP converter. I suggest directly connecting this monitor to your GPUs native HDMI port
3 - Make sure each monitor is set to 60Hz in Windows settings - Right Click Desktop > Display settings > Advanced Settings > Drop down each monitor and set each to 60Hz

Going forward - AMD drivers are not good at staying up to date: do not trust the desktop app to update for you! Check AMD for newest drivers and do a fresh uninstall and reinstall each time you update

Also based on the error you posted on your edit: I would suggest opening your case and doing a reset on the GPU - pull it out, clean with isopropyl 70% or better and reinstall

If you ever have any other issues like this or related to your setup - feel free to message me! I own two cellphone & computer repair stores :D

I actually just purchased a second monitor to replace the E2351. I couldn't find another LG 27UD68P-B ANYWHERE so I went with a LG 27UK500-B

Thanks for the tip, and I will do the swap and see how it works out
Gold: 6,032.00
Sep 20 2021 10:08pm
Quote (eerock @ Sep 21 2021 12:04am)
I actually just purchased a second monitor to replace the E2351. I couldn't find another LG 27UD68P-B ANYWHERE so I went with a LG 27UK500-B

Thanks for the tip, and I will do the swap and see how it works out

That's a great monitor

Do you do a lot of graphic editing?
Or do you prefer the high resolution with a lower Hz?
Gold: 0.00
Sep 21 2021 05:44am
Quote (eerock @ Sep 20 2021 09:21pm)
appeared to be a driver issue.

wiped my drivers with DDU and reinstalled using the AMD master. Ran cinebench and uningine at the highest settings for 10 minutes simultaneously and had no issues.

Both monitors are working fine as well.

Thanks to ^R0cktaze for assisting me through it

That’s great computers are werid I installed a new 3080 in my system and my computer literally wouldn’t post,

After hours I finally took ram gpu and everything booted with 1 stick out the other in and it’s fine now lol

Glad you got it figured out
Gold: 0.02
Warn: 80%
Sep 21 2021 06:32am
contact the accused aka your manufacturer

i m sure they will replace your malfunctioning GPU with hundreds of new functioning GPUs
Gold: 110,596.06
Warn: 10%
Sep 21 2021 06:53am
AMD cards are known to have driver issues. Personally, I wouldn't ever choose the most recent driver when updating from some older driver :)
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic