d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Best Javascript Extensions For Visual Studio Code
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2021 02:04am
Title, I ended up deciding to use Visual Studio Code client.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2021 08:49am
Found some youtube videos with recommendations. Now to find places to get top tier learning material, for a new student.
Gold: 75.50
Aug 29 2021 08:59pm
I like Udemy courses, they often go on sale for <10 USD. Stephen Grider is excellent. Maximillian Schwarzmuller is super detailed and also excellent. Both have many JS/TS courses.

For VS code I like:

Prettier - for setting formatting rules (might be more useful when you work with other people) maybe use Beautify if you are not working with other people.
Git Graph - for viewing git history,
Bracket Pair Colorizer - for readability
Duplicate - lets you duplicate files easily and change name
Diff - lets you compare to files in diff format (green/red) on changes.

Depending on what language/framework you use some of the simple snippet extensions can be good. Most of my other extensions are graphql / react specific.

I notice if certain/too many extensions can cause VS code to lag a bit so i like to test each extension as I install them

This post was edited by rawrzombii on Aug 29 2021 09:05pm
Gold: 5,006.00
Sep 1 2021 09:14am
Quote (rawrzombii @ Aug 29 2021 09:59pm)
I like Udemy courses, they often go on sale for <10 USD. Stephen Grider is excellent. Maximillian Schwarzmuller is super detailed and also excellent. Both have many JS/TS courses.

For VS code I like:

Prettier - for setting formatting rules (might be more useful when you work with other people) maybe use Beautify if you are not working with other people.
Git Graph - for viewing git history,
Bracket Pair Colorizer - for readability
Duplicate - lets you duplicate files easily and change name
Diff - lets you compare to files in diff format (green/red) on changes.

Depending on what language/framework you use some of the simple snippet extensions can be good. Most of my other extensions are graphql / react specific.

I notice if certain/too many extensions can cause VS code to lag a bit so i like to test each extension as I install them

I will add auto rename tagger. simple but nice.
Gold: 23,821.47
Sep 2 2021 03:15pm
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll