d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > A Oil & Energy Analysis
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Sep 9 2021 01:49pm
Quote (TheHitman @ Sep 9 2021 07:15am)

For context, coal makes up just 2.2% of UK electricity generation currently, compared to 1.6% last year: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58469238

The cost of energy continuing to rise with suppliers being squeezed on margin is worse for suppliers, who go out of business, than for customers who have to switch energy providers. So is it really a great market right now for fossil fuel companies? Debateable...
Gold: 7,621.00
Sep 9 2021 04:23pm
Quote (dro94 @ Sep 9 2021 03:49pm)
For context, coal makes up just 2.2% of UK electricity generation currently, compared to 1.6% last year: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58469238

The cost of energy continuing to rise with suppliers being squeezed on margin is worse for suppliers, who go out of business, than for customers who have to switch energy providers. So is it really a great market right now for fossil fuel companies? Debateable...

I look at that post and to me the main point is not that coal is a great investment but rather that regardless of tens of billions of grants and tax subsidies flowing into renewables those industries simply cannot manage to provide for the demand.

Coal is one of the dirtier fossil fuels but here you see countries that were some of the loudest in their climate change commitments increasing coal consumption. It's not only an UK thing, the US and others are just as guilty.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Sep 9 2021 04:37pm
Gold: 18,784.00
Sep 16 2021 01:01am
I love dunking on wokies when they get torched. This is what I love from money and math, you can say 2+2 is 5 but you will still get dunked on.

The natural gas prices are sky rocketing everywhere in Europe and it's only a beginning. That is not a consumer fault, anyone with half a brain knew this was coming. Green energy and ESG is a fraud.

I can't wait for the transitoryâ„¢ electricity blackout like they do in Zimbabwe. They fucking realized they can't print electricity LOL

Climate change control on the population seems to be a card they will be playing. A few days ago Nature dropped a new article about personal carbon allowances mentioning how much covid open a new window of opportunity. Since then the push from the medias is great. They are showing some nice creativity with the environmental passports idea, it will always end up the same. The rich people will be flying around in private jet and most of you will struggle buying red meat. I warn and nobody is listening but I will have proof that I warned.

This post was edited by TheHitman on Sep 16 2021 01:10am
Gold: 18,784.00
Sep 30 2021 09:47am
Can you feel the crisis building up?
Gold: 23,514.25
Oct 11 2021 04:08am
Quote (TheHitman @ 16 Sep 2021 00:01)
I love dunking on wokies when they get torched. This is what I love from money and math, you can say 2+2 is 5 but you will still get dunked on.

The natural gas prices are sky rocketing everywhere in Europe and it's only a beginning. That is not a consumer fault, anyone with half a brain knew this was coming. Green energy and ESG is a fraud.

I can't wait for the transitoryâ„¢ electricity blackout like they do in Zimbabwe. They fucking realized they can't print electricity LOL

Climate change control on the population seems to be a card they will be playing. A few days ago Nature dropped a new article about personal carbon allowances mentioning how much covid open a new window of opportunity. Since then the push from the medias is great. They are showing some nice creativity with the environmental passports idea, it will always end up the same. The rich people will be flying around in private jet and most of you will struggle buying red meat. I warn and nobody is listening but I will have proof that I warned.

Some Kings think they actually can order the tides not to come in, others realize that they cannot.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 12 2021 07:43pm
Hard pass on an industry of increasing dividends, increasing debt, low BS liquidity, and underinvesting in renewable energy. However, higher prices should assist in lacking cash flows. Either way, long $TSLA & $ENPH.
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll