d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > __ New Report Button Function __
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 250.00
Aug 16 2021 04:24pm
I am sick and tired of misposting in old topics, because some person doesn't look at the post date or the date of the last bump.

Every time someone posts in a 3+ day old topic, it suddenly get mass spammed, because everyone thinks its a date relevant topic.
I've even seen people post in 12+ days old topics, because they just use the search funtion, and post their offers.
It takes up space, it's super annoying and i know for a fact that a lot of other people using the forum thinks the same.

I am currently trading in the Diablo 2, europe, softcore, ladder forum.

When approahing people with this, either by pm or in the topic, a lot of them instantly gets hostile, and starts spamming or flaming.

The simple solution, in my eyes at least, is to add a report function for reviving x-amount of days old topics.
Could be like 3-4 or something like that.

My concern is, that it might continue happening A LOT, when Diablo 2 Resurrected launches, and there will be a higher number of people posting in that forum.

What do you guys think? :)

This could also work, if the topic would get closed after pressing the button.
Topic/suggestion =>
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=85107172&f=258

This post was edited by BigDaane on Aug 16 2021 04:36pm
Gold: 3,091.98
Aug 16 2021 04:54pm
If it's obvious spam just report it as such. If it's unclear whether the item(s) in the topic sold it shouldn't really be a problem to offer and see if it is still available - and if the topic ends up getting spammed because of it simply continue reporting the spam.
Don't really see a reason to add this as it's own report option I guess.

Voted no here.
Gold: 1.00
Aug 16 2021 04:55pm
multi and fg seller is asking for rule correction?

LOL

btw nice try to gather your friends to vote Yes for you
but more noes coming soon coz its stupid suggestion

This post was edited by sadhuman on Aug 16 2021 04:56pm
Aug 16 2021 04:58pm
Quote (Epiphany @ Aug 17 2021 12:54am)
If it's obvious spam just report it as such. If it's unclear whether the item(s) in the topic sold it shouldn't really be a problem to offer and see if it is still available - and if the topic ends up getting spammed because of it simply continue reporting the spam.
Don't really see a reason to add this as it's own report option I guess.

Voted no here.

Well, its not "mass spamming" as in litteral spam. Its because people all have the items searched for in the topics.
Like a guy searching for 20/11 small charms, and that was 12 days ago, then ONE person uses the search button to find people who are looking for those small charms, posts his offer and then suddenly a 12 day old topic has been revived.
The mass spamm i am talking about, would be the next 15-20 people who also posts their offers in the topic, since they think its date relevant, and therefore keeping it open, though its clearly done.

And i can't report it as spam, since its not exactly spam. Its just late offers, not needed anymore, and it will just continue to be bumped with offers.

Quote (sadhuman @ Aug 17 2021 12:55am)
multi and fg seller is asking for rule correction?

LOL

btw nice try to gather your friends to vote Yes for you
but more noes coming soon coz its stupid suggestion

Multi? Fg seller?
Is this a joke? :huh:

This post was edited by BigDaane on Aug 16 2021 04:59pm
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 80%
Aug 16 2021 05:09pm
this rule proposal seems too strict and can lead to topic closure although topic in question was unfinished .
additionally people could abuse this by breaking your suggested rule intentionally to get someone elses topic/s closed .
also , not every user is active on jsp daily . some people got 12 + days old topics , return some days later .. and so on .

no no no no no :(

This post was edited by zetsubl on Aug 16 2021 05:10pm
Aug 16 2021 05:11pm
Quote (zetsubl @ Aug 17 2021 01:09am)
this rule proposal seems too strict and can lead to topic closure although topic in question was unfinished .
additionally people could abuse this by breaking your suggested rule intentionally to get someone elses topic/s closed .

no no no no no :(

How? The topic won't be closed because of it? As far as i know, a mod still has to close the topic? (correct me if i am wrong) :)
And if people abuse the report button, there will be consequences for the people abusing it, in form of getting suspensions and possibly warn. Been there, done that and never going back..

This post was edited by BigDaane on Aug 16 2021 05:12pm
Gold: 9,205.00
Aug 17 2021 07:19am
Yes.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll