d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > Looking For Good Fantasy Suggestions
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.00
Jul 31 2021 03:49pm
Some of my favorites: Mistborn Series (1-3), The Mortal Instruments, KingKiller Chronicles, Harry Potter

I really love stuff to do with magic/witches/wizards etc...... but i also enjoy fantasy in general.....
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 31 2021 08:45pm
Quote (ferf @ Jul 31 2021 03:49pm)
Some of my favorites: Mistborn Series (1-3), The Mortal Instruments, KingKiller Chronicles, Harry Potter

I really love stuff to do with magic/witches/wizards etc...... but i also enjoy fantasy in general.....

My favourites are as follows:

The Storm light Archive
The Tratious Son Cycle aka. The Red Knight
John gwyanes series The Faithful and the Fallen and Blood and Bone. He also is working on a new series which is more Nordic fantesy and the first book is great, The Shadow of the God's

This post was edited by SBD on Jul 31 2021 08:47pm
Gold: 19,001.01
Aug 2 2021 02:05pm
I love the KingKiller Chronicles so far

if you haven't read The Wheel Of Time it's definitely worthwhile!
Gold: 6,412.80
Sep 2 2021 05:44am
Sounds like you need the legend of drizzt in your life. Scratch that, you need R.A Salvatore in your life. You can thank me later. If magic/witch's/wizards is your thing almost anything written by R.A Salvatore is going to be a must read. There's like 30+ books in the drizzt series now, plus he wrote the cleric quintet

heres a couple books/series of books in the legend of drizzt

book 1: homeland
book 2: exile
book 3: sojourn

These pretty much introduce drizzt to you to say the least. You learn all about him and the dark elves and how badass they are etc. If you trust me you will like these you can read these first which I recommend because idk anybody who doesn't like the legend of drizzt.

if your like well idk if I'm gonna like those books then I have a better place for you to start in the legend of drizzt.

read theicewind dale trilogy which is book 4,5,6 of the legend of drizzt series. I read the icewind dale trilogy first, this was my introduction to the forgotten realms, legend of drizzt, R.A Salvatore, etc. At the time when I found this book there wasn't much else I could do. It was the big book too, all 3 in one not 3 seperate books, I think I read the whole thing 1000+ pages in like 3 days. I'd just like to point out I am not a reader like that. I could not put it down. You will love these books. Actually my signature is drizzt & his panther/''summon'' guenywvar fighting the demon errtu from the icewind dale trilogy lol.

book 4: The Crystal Shard
book 5: Streams of Silver
book 6: The Halfling's Gem

next by R.A Salvatore that has nothing to do with the legend of drizzt but is super badass that I recommend reading. You wouldn't think a cleric is that badass right? You will have a new outlook/view of clerics after reading this book lol. The spells and shit Cadderly pops off, especially towards the end. NOBODY fucks with a cleric. He is like the most badass cleric of all time. Also Ivan and Pikel the dwarves in your party will have you cracking up all throughout the book. Damn man after just recommending you these books I kinda want to give them a read again. Also just like in the Legend of Drizzt its not like always just drizzt an what not you got party members an there all dope as fuck. You fight crazy shit sometimes. The fights and battles are so well described. I don't wana talk to much about any of these books because I don't want to risk ruining or revealing to much to you they are that good.

The Cleric Quintet

there are 5 books in this series (obviously, its a quintet)
1. Canticle
2. In Sylvan Shadows
3. Night Masks
4. The Fallen Fortress
5. The Chaos Curse

Dont waste your time with any other books til you read one of these. They will take no time to draw you in, but like the cleric quintet or the icewind dale trilogy book 1's good, but they keep getting better and better, or crazier and crazier.

This post was edited by AbSoLuTe-VoDkA on Sep 2 2021 05:45am
Sep 9 2021 07:42am
Quote (AbSoLuTe-VoDkA @ Sep 2 2021 08:44am)
Sounds like you need the legend of drizzt in your life. Scratch that, you need R.A Salvatore in your life. You can thank me later. If magic/witch's/wizards is your thing almost anything written by R.A Salvatore is going to be a must read. There's like 30+ books in the drizzt series now, plus he wrote the cleric quintet

heres a couple books/series of books in the legend of drizzt

book 1: homeland
book 2: exile
book 3: sojourn

These pretty much introduce drizzt to you to say the least. You learn all about him and the dark elves and how badass they are etc. If you trust me you will like these you can read these first which I recommend because idk anybody who doesn't like the legend of drizzt.

if your like well idk if I'm gonna like those books then I have a better place for you to start in the legend of drizzt.

read theicewind dale trilogy which is book 4,5,6 of the legend of drizzt series. I read the icewind dale trilogy first, this was my introduction to the forgotten realms, legend of drizzt, R.A Salvatore, etc. At the time when I found this book there wasn't much else I could do. It was the big book too, all 3 in one not 3 seperate books, I think I read the whole thing 1000+ pages in like 3 days. I'd just like to point out I am not a reader like that. I could not put it down. You will love these books. Actually my signature is drizzt & his panther/''summon'' guenywvar fighting the demon errtu from the icewind dale trilogy lol.

book 4: The Crystal Shard
book 5: Streams of Silver
book 6: The Halfling's Gem

next by R.A Salvatore that has nothing to do with the legend of drizzt but is super badass that I recommend reading. You wouldn't think a cleric is that badass right? You will have a new outlook/view of clerics after reading this book lol. The spells and shit Cadderly pops off, especially towards the end. NOBODY fucks with a cleric. He is like the most badass cleric of all time. Also Ivan and Pikel the dwarves in your party will have you cracking up all throughout the book. Damn man after just recommending you these books I kinda want to give them a read again. Also just like in the Legend of Drizzt its not like always just drizzt an what not you got party members an there all dope as fuck. You fight crazy shit sometimes. The fights and battles are so well described. I don't wana talk to much about any of these books because I don't want to risk ruining or revealing to much to you they are that good.

The Cleric Quintet

there are 5 books in this series (obviously, its a quintet)
1. Canticle
2. In Sylvan Shadows
3. Night Masks
4. The Fallen Fortress
5. The Chaos Curse

Dont waste your time with any other books til you read one of these. They will take no time to draw you in, but like the cleric quintet or the icewind dale trilogy book 1's good, but they keep getting better and better, or crazier and crazier.

I've read close to 50% and it becomes a bit boring don't you find? The hero's are nearly invincible and its the typical hero formula over and over. Yes you go into some darkness when you read through Wulfgars torture and his eventual falling out with Cattie-brie due to his mental damage causing him to become abusive and closed to the world but other than that its mostly the same formula over and over.

Maybe the issue is I tried to binge the entire book set at once. Honestly I think Homeland and Exile are the best and anything with a large focus on Jarlaxle.

Don't get me wrong though I still went through to The Sea of Swords before I started to fall off and clearly the books are good just to have me binge 13 of them. Definitely worth a shot and if you're already into the D&D world it will be right in your wheelhouse.

This post was edited by SBD on Sep 9 2021 07:51am
Sep 9 2021 09:43am
Quote (SBD @ Sep 9 2021 09:42am)
I've read close to 50% and it becomes a bit boring don't you find? The hero's are nearly invincible and its the typical hero formula over and over. Yes you go into some darkness when you read through Wulfgars torture and his eventual falling out with Cattie-brie due to his mental damage causing him to become abusive and closed to the world but other than that its mostly the same formula over and over.

Maybe the issue is I tried to binge the entire book set at once. Honestly I think Homeland and Exile are the best and anything with a large focus on Jarlaxle.

Don't get me wrong though I still went through to The Sea of Swords before I started to fall off and clearly the books are good just to have me binge 13 of them. Definitely worth a shot and if you're already into the D&D world it will be right in your wheelhouse.

Considering I don't read half as much as I'd like to/probably should. It doesn't get to boring for me lol. You should give the cleric quintet a shot. Was very impressed especially for a story with a cleric as the main character.
Sep 9 2021 09:46am
Quote (AbSoLuTe-VoDkA @ Sep 9 2021 12:43pm)
Considering I don't read half as much as I'd like to/probably should. It doesn't get to boring for me lol. You should give the cleric quintet a shot. Was very impressed especially for a story with a cleric as the main character.

I have been meaning to I just got side tracked into a few other longer series. The Red Knight was more up my ally but it's highly tactical and descriptive and not for everyone.

You might like John Gwyanes two series, faithful and fallen and blood and bone if you enjoy the typical hero tropes that the Drizzt series presents. I enjoyed them very much but it's likley because there's only six books not 30 so I didn't tire out.
Sep 9 2021 10:05am
Quote (SBD @ Sep 9 2021 11:46am)
I have been meaning to I just got side tracked into a few other longer series. The Red Knight was more up my ally but it's highly tactical and descriptive and not for everyone.

You might like John Gwyanes two series, faithful and fallen and blood and bone if you enjoy the typical hero tropes that the Drizzt series presents. I enjoyed them very much but it's likley because there's only six books not 30 so I didn't tire out.

Now I'll have to check those out, I do like the thought of only 6 books lol. Thank you sir.
Gold: 5,796.00
Sep 9 2021 05:16pm
I just read Art of the Adept. It reminds me a lot of King Killer. give it a try.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Oct 25 2021 10:37pm
Drell master poke Runyon
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll