d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Question About Death Opus
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 315.00
Jul 31 2021 04:24am
Hey guys! , ive been following this guide here:

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/king-of-bows-voidfletcher-ice-shot-barrage-deadeye-passive-skill-tree-gem-links

and its telling me to use death opus... but just looking at the thing (i actually bough a perfect rolled one with 125%physical dmg and almost perfect flat phy roll...) i feel like a good rolled harbinger bow might do alot more dmg (and i feel like the +2additional arrows from death opus arent necessary with GMP+ an extra arrow from passives/ascendency+ eventually +1arrow on quiver) so the +2 arrow of death opus is a non-factor to me

so, has anyone tested it? i mean, with a decently rolled harbinger bow or maybe a decently rolled bow with elemental damage implicit (a base that give WeD like imperial bow, or maybe a solarine or foundry bow that give flat elemental damage?) anyways, one of those bows with 400+ physical dps, 30%+crit chance and 30%+ crit multi...

the death opus has only 50% crit multi now... i feel like the build i am following was suggesting the death opus because back then it had 150 or 100% crit multi... with 100 or 150 crit multi i wouldnt question if a nicely rolled rare bow is better... because 100-150crit multi is just insane (similar to what abyssus was back then ... just best in slot for melee builds because 225% crit multi was completely insane, here 150% crit multi bow wouldve been insane but its been super nerfed down to only fucking 50%...lol)

i mean guys, 50% crit multi?? i can get a rare with 400+pdps and 36% crit multi... thats only 14% less... is that little 14% crit multi really worth the 200pdps that im 'losing' by not using a higher pdps bow??? or am i missing something entirely? lol

edit, maybe even use a lioneye glare??? the 60% MORE modifier from 'far shot' , the 'cant be evaded' and it being a imperial bow (implicit giving 24% wed for free basicly) might be good? even tho that bow has only 5% crit chance instead of death opus (or any rare bow) being able to get 7-9.5% )

This post was edited by NumbSouls on Jul 31 2021 04:29am
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Jul 31 2021 04:38am
not sure but

big dps bow = multipliers in jewels/gear/passives
disco bow extra projectile = flat added damage in jewels/gear/passives/gems

in the end it will be 10%more or less, then i would pick disco!
if pick:
disco bow extra projectile = multipliers in jewels/gear/passives
then you may be having 30%less damage
Jul 31 2021 06:56am
Quote (Tommyvv @ Jul 31 2021 06:38am)
not sure but

big dps bow = multipliers in jewels/gear/passives
disco bow extra projectile = flat added damage in jewels/gear/passives/gems

in the end it will be 10%more or less, then i would pick disco!
if pick:
disco bow extra projectile = multipliers in jewels/gear/passives
then you may be having 30%less damage

allright lmfao.. tommy never change! hes always full 666disco!

also, im thinking of going raider instead of deadeye... lmfao! i mean... deadeye only give me +1chain, far shot and +2 projectile ... meanwhile raider give me permanent onslaught with like 230% effect of it (so like fking 45% ish movespeed and attk speed! insane...) and free frenzy charge generation and bonus damage/movespeed/attack speed per frenzy charge... thats insane too... lmfao with those frenzy charges+ onslaught, the movement speed and attack speed of that build will be fucking insane!!! and i dont feel like i need 2more projectile or +1chain at all... the far shot bonus is nice but onslaught+frenzy charges just feel better really... imma go raider and if i really regret it later ill just change it up... no big deal! lol

feels like raider is just a better mapclearspeed build and deadeye is more single target focussed, or higher dps focussed... alot less move/attack speed but more dps i guess??? wich seems useless for just mapping even in red maps, and i dont plan on doing shaper and other top of the line high end bossing anyways... so more dps feel less important than run/attack speed for more efficient mapping speed!!

so yeah, went with raider and my first 4 ascendancy points in the onslaught thing...i now have PERMANENT ONSLAUGHT and 130% bonus to onslaught effect (so 20% attack,cast and movespeed but multiplied by 2.3... 2.3*20%=46%move and attack speed... definitly super worth it !!! specially since the build dont use faster attack on either the AoE 6link or the single target 6link... both dont have FA but now with onslaught its like if i had FA! basicly double 7link! hehe)

i guess with deadeye i could drop GMP for another damaging support skill gem... removing the LESS damage multiplier im suffering from with GMP and gaining damage from another support... maybe thats why deadeye is also a very good option... with dead opus+deadeye u get +4 projectile already, and ucan get +1 more on your quiver and all,making GMP kinda redundant...

but anyways im raider so i will keep GMP! :) now imma need to get +frenzy charges corrupt on my boots tho, to make the raider's frenzy charge aspect even better! but i need to do merciless lab+uber lab first to get those frenzy charges anyways... lol im only lvl 63 and act 9

This post was edited by NumbSouls on Jul 31 2021 07:03am
Gold: 230,806.33
Jul 31 2021 07:46am
:mellow:
Gold: 8.00
Jul 31 2021 05:21pm
Have you considered that having +2 arrows on your bow and +1 on quiver allows you to drop gmp for another damage support. Probably give you more damage overall
Aug 1 2021 04:49am
Quote (Shadow_Nzl @ Jul 31 2021 07:21pm)
Have you considered that having +2 arrows on your bow and +1 on quiver allows you to drop gmp for another damage support. Probably give you more damage overall

Quote (NumbSouls @ Jul 31 2021 08:56am)
i guess with deadeye i could drop GMP for another damaging support skill gem... removing the LESS damage multiplier im suffering from with GMP and gaining damage from another support... maybe thats why deadeye is also a very good option... with dead opus+deadeye u get +4 projectile already, and ucan get +1 more on your quiver and all,making GMP kinda redundant...

but anyways im raider so i will keep GMP!:) now imma need to get +frenzy charges corrupt on my boots tho, to make the raider's frenzy charge aspect even better! but i need to do merciless lab+uber lab first to get those frenzy charges anyways... lol im only lvl 63 and act 9

i did yeh :P but as raider i should prolly keep it... alternatively i could go LMP? ?? less dmg reduction and still enough arrows in the end total? :P
id like to borrow a decent Pdps harbinger bow just to test my dmg with it... instead of dead opus! dont rly wanna spend a significant amount buying one to just probably resell it after a few mins of testing....haaha
does someone here reading this have a good pdps harbinger bow on expedition softcore? or really any bow with decent crit % and lets say like 400+ pdps?

for exemple this one would be insane to have... highest possible crit and multi pretty much, some dex even for accuracy and enough Pdps AND IT EVEN HAS A HIGH TIER COLD DMG ROLL!! perfect! i cant really imagine how this wouldnt beat death opus, sadly its 10ex and im broke lmfao..man it has litterally double the pdps of death opus, plus a huge amount of cold dmg... lmfao that shit would probably double my dmg... if not even more than double imo... im only losing +2projectiles ... lol im seeing some random magical and rare bows with +2additional arrows... could that be put on a harbinger bow with 400+pdps too ?? lol and even withoout that man.. i mean... gmp give me +4, thats total of 5 arrows, isnt that already enough lmfao? with enough money i can also get +1arrow on my voidfletcher quiver...

This post was edited by NumbSouls on Aug 1 2021 05:04am
Gold: 1,444.13
Aug 1 2021 06:18am
imagine looking at old build guides on a shitty forum full of crap build guides
Aug 1 2021 07:19am
Quote (Caulder10 @ Aug 1 2021 08:18am)
imagine looking at old build guides on a shitty forum full of crap build guides

imagine still having fun playing a new kinda build that u never played before, coming back from a 3year+ hiatus from the game and having so much fun and excitement discovering all the new stuff that was added to the game!

imagine being that one guy making ''imagine...*insert random satirical, cynical, smartass know it all rude sentence here, usually aimed at someone else's quality as an human being or something'''

hahaha imagine calling a build guide that is updated for 3.15patch 'old build guide' and being generaly rude and mean on a video game's forum wich's goal should be to entertain and have some fun sharing discussions on a shared hobby that everyone present have.... :love:

love yall hehee
Gold: 1,444.13
Aug 1 2021 02:00pm
Quote (NumbSouls @ Aug 1 2021 09:19am)
imagine still having fun playing a new kinda build that u never played before, coming back from a 3year+ hiatus from the game and having so much fun and excitement discovering all the new stuff that was added to the game!

imagine being that one guy making ''imagine...*insert random satirical, cynical, smartass know it all rude sentence here, usually aimed at someone else's quality as an human being or something'''

hahaha imagine calling a build guide that is updated for 3.15patch 'old build guide' and being generaly rude and mean on a video game's forum wich's goal should be to entertain and have some fun sharing discussions on a shared hobby that everyone present have.... :love:

love yall hehee

quick tip, just because the person that makes said shitty guide says its updated... it rarely actually is updated. and the majority of "guides" are theory craft from people that suck at the game
Aug 1 2021 03:01pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ Aug 1 2021 04:00pm)
quick tip, just because the person that makes said shitty guide says its updated... it rarely actually is updated. and the majority of "guides" are theory craft from people that suck at the game

yeah im aware... im not following the guide 100% exactly lmfao, i modified several things in it and made it better :P its just really useful for me , someone who havent played in like 3year or more, to have some kind of 'guidelines' ... for exemple without the guide i wouldnt have even known about that 'new' quiver void fletcher that didnt exist last time i played.. or the way that hyrris armor added cold dmg to attk and shit works very well with that bow build... i also didnt know about shaper/elder mark ring combo!

so yeah, the guide shouldnt be followed exactly blindly, but u can take some big 'cornerstones' or 'build defining very strong shits' as the 'skeleton' part of the build... you use the 'fondation' or 'skeleton' from the guide, then u add your own flavour//flesh and skin to it!

u feel me? :P
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll