d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > "next Step" Gear For An Amazon Build, Need Advice
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.50
Aug 3 2021 07:01am
Quote (Dr_Lecter @ 3 Aug 2021 12:34)
I guess I would go with andys visage with a 15 Ias jewel in it. I am assuming you dont want to buy a 30 fire res 15 ias jewel but try to get one with at least one helpful mod.

Then all you need after that is laying of hands which would cancel out the negative fire res somewhat and go with razortail for more damage.

Laying of Hands I already have (this is part of my gear "before transformation"). It already provides 20% IAS, and along with the belts which both provide 10 and Andy's which provides 20, that makes a total of 50 for a required 45. In fact, I have socketed Andy's with a 40%ed, +9 max damage jewel and that replaces the shako which had a 15% IAS jewel socketed in it. Had it been a 40%ed/15%IAS jewel I could even have done without the belt but no thanks -- and again I don't find the + to max damage of Razortail (or even War Travelers) to be that valuable: it pales in comparison with an AD proc (plus, Razortail has no life steal), and don't forget that my main skill is Magic Arrow, so a good chunk of that physical resistance in Hell is moot from the get go (Magic Arrow is tragically underestimated to be honest).

Granted, my fire res is rather on the low side (48 IIRC) but my valk takes the brunt of it anyway so this has not really been a problem to me from personal experience.
Gold: 70.69
Aug 3 2021 08:35am
Quote (notfge @ Aug 3 2021 07:01am)
Laying of Hands I already have (this is part of my gear "before transformation"). It already provides 20% IAS, and along with the belts which both provide 10 and Andy's which provides 20, that makes a total of 50 for a required 45. In fact, I have socketed Andy's with a 40%ed, +9 max damage jewel and that replaces the shako which had a 15% IAS jewel socketed in it. Had it been a 40%ed/15%IAS jewel I could even have done without the belt but no thanks -- and again I don't find the + to max damage of Razortail (or even War Travelers) to be that valuable: it pales in comparison with an AD proc (plus, Razortail has no life steal), and don't forget that my main skill is Magic Arrow, so a good chunk of that physical resistance in Hell is moot from the get go (Magic Arrow is tragically underestimated to be honest).

Granted, my fire res is rather on the low side (48 IIRC) but my valk takes the brunt of it anyway so this has not really been a problem to me from personal experience.

Pierce helps with mob density. You can find ias another way. Wartravs give stats plus frw. Honestly idk why even ask for help when you seem like you don't want to change up gears.
Aug 3 2021 10:12am
Quote (Theology @ 3 Aug 2021 16:35)
Pierce helps with mob density. You can find ias another way. Wartravs give stats plus frw. Honestly idk why even ask for help when you seem like you don't want to change up gears.

Well then tell me how. I do know about pierce, but again this pales in comparison to an AD proc. If you don't believe me, test if for yourself. And for this AD proc I need to spew arrows fast, hence the required IAS (I was lucky in this regard with the fana roll).

Somehow however, I think that I'm overlooking something. Maybe an AD proc exists somewhere which doesn't require me to use Atma's, for instance, or something along those lines.
Aug 3 2021 01:09pm
Quote (notfge @ 3 Aug 2021 18:12)
Well then tell me how. I do know about pierce, but again this pales in comparison to an AD proc. If you don't believe me, test if for yourself. And for this AD proc I need to spew arrows fast, hence the required IAS (I was lucky in this regard with the fana roll).

Somehow however, I think that I'm overlooking something. Maybe an AD proc exists somewhere which doesn't require me to use Atma's, for instance, or something along those lines.

I should add something here; I did invest in Pierce as part of the skills, and with my current gear it means that more than 7 arrows out of 10 do pierce anyway, which is why I do not see Razortail as a necessity.

I guess I should have mentioned that earlier. Sorry for the misunderstandings.
Gold: 1,551.00
Aug 3 2021 02:22pm
Not sure how you upped your skills or how much points you allocated in arrow tree
I would say the possible upgrade you could do are :

Merc act 1 faith + treachery ( for max ias on merc ) + dream rw helm

On yourself Bow : harmony for now
helmet andy jeweled +15ias add
glove loh or 20 ias + kb +(passive magic ) + ML ~~~you can even lower req since you can take 10 ias
belt razor
Body armor fortitude (low str req )
boot war traveler
ring raven + dual Leech ring or just mana leech (even 1% might be enough not sure ) or bk if you can find ML on gloves
amulet lets keep atma for now

Off hand Cta + splendor or lidless

the less points you put in Str the better if you happens to have some Str ring/gloves might be better to save str hard points

Inventory :
Torch + Anni
as budget try to max out your res first with Scs otherwise more AR and max in SC is a big plus

Skills
main skill used should be multiple shot ( you dont even need to max it ~~20 arrows are already good) (AOE clear in a hack and slash is still the best ) with magic arrow as secondary for imus
1 pts on strafe to proc AD on single target (as main skill it just su... since you get pined down for a sec)
1 Points in pierce should be enough with you +6/7 skills to have about 95% to pierce( if its adding together )
penetrate and critical strike you' ll have to decide yourself on how much to put in
maxing decoy and a bit of points on valkyrie that will be your front line
on single target im not sure but isnt guided arrow better that magic arrow since it doesnt take into account your AR ?

try checking that out
you dont need more LL on belt since andy give 8-10% already

About your stats you gonna need enough life to not getting OSed i think if you have around 1500-1600 hp after bo and being close to 75@ you might have enough survivability

This post was edited by empatsu on Aug 3 2021 02:25pm
Gold: 515.11
Aug 3 2021 03:33pm
Quote (notfge @ Aug 3 2021 08:01am)

Piercing 100% of arrows (70 to 100) a 43ish% gain is going to increase your damage, leech, and procs to mobs a lot more than a 40 ed jewel will. Granted losing the leech on noscoil hurts but if youre getting hit constantly on a bowazon youre playing it wrong. The most dangerous ranged attackers in the game are unleechable regardless so its kind of a moot point.

You could probably just get like a 30 ed 15 ias jewel in the andys helm for relatively cheap and then sub in the razortail for 100% pierce on your 7 frame single missile attack but at this point I dont even know why youre bothering to ask for gear suggestions when youre already sold on what you have.

You have the massive FRW to reposition and line up your shots so the 100% pierce would actually make a difference.

That extra pierce would be basically a global 43% increase in damage if you hit two targets. If you hit 3 its a global 73% increase. Its the only multiplier youre going to get because you already have atmas and each one of those pierce attacks will roll another amp damage proc.

This post was edited by Dr_Lecter on Aug 3 2021 03:36pm
Gold: 70.69
Aug 3 2021 06:59pm
You're not going to miss the ias from belt when your merc has faith bow.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll