d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Activision-blizzard Hires Controversial Lawfirm
Prev11314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.00
Jul 31 2021 02:24pm
Excuse me, is this the nerf nigma thread?
Gold: 6,523.00
Jul 31 2021 03:24pm
Quote (Agent007 @ 31 Jul 2021 13:55)
1. You assume they have better options when they may not
2. Somebody has to do it

Should they go unemployed?

First of all: The attitude that 'somebody has to do it,' is total BS. That's something that some massively corrupt employer says to dismiss one of their workers like a servant.

Nobody has to do anything. Period.

If I were to say something like "You just have to work hard and you can have anything you want in life," to somebody, that's just me brushing them away because they stink and I don't want them around me.

Obviously that's not how anything works and there's millions of people who worked their whole lives and had nothing to show for it.

As far as the fast food workers: Look, that's a terrible situation to be in and they need to get out of it as soon as possible.

They should realize that they're going to have to do something they don't want to do one way or another.

Do you have any idea how embarrassing it must be, for a person who is like 30 years old and is still working fast food, when people they went to high school show up to buy a bag of puke burgers for their dog.

I'm personally too embarrassed to even go into one, that's why they have the drive through, and I refuse to do that.

I definitely do not want to go inside and have to deal with some junkie face to face.

You come across incredibly snobby, ignorant, arrogant, with a lack of empathy.

Strange, people seem to really like Elon Musk and the main thing the guy is doing is replacing jobs with robots.

But hey, he 5Xed the money I invested in his company, so I'm definitely not going say anything bad about him.

I'm pretty sure that if I 5Xed your money, you would be telling me about how wonderful of a person I am and thank Jesus that somebody like me has the balls to do it.

You sound like someone who has never suffered a day in your life which is really bad for one's character... And to top it off, you might be a sociopath.
Such people shouldn't be typing novels like you do. You don't have much good to share.

I got made fun of pretty bad in high school and have slowly been making sure those people are 100% aware of the fact that they're total losers and did absolutely jack squat with their lives.

So, I got mine, and they got screwed. Sounds like a happy ending to me.

Gold: 792.00
Jul 31 2021 04:42pm
Quote (mki @ Jul 31 2021 03:24pm)
First of all: The attitude that 'somebody has to do it,' is total BS. That's something that some massively corrupt employer says to dismiss one of their workers like a servant.

Nobody has to do anything. Period.

If I were to say something like "You just have to work hard and you can have anything you want in life," to somebody, that's just me brushing them away because they stink and I don't want them around me.

Obviously that's not how anything works and there's millions of people who worked their whole lives and had nothing to show for it.

As far as the fast food workers: Look, that's a terrible situation to be in and they need to get out of it as soon as possible.

They should realize that they're going to have to do something they don't want to do one way or another.

Do you have any idea how embarrassing it must be, for a person who is like 30 years old and is still working fast food, when people they went to high school show up to buy a bag of puke burgers for their dog.

I'm personally too embarrassed to even go into one, that's why they have the drive through, and I refuse to do that.

I definitely do not want to go inside and have to deal with some junkie face to face.

Strange, people seem to really like Elon Musk and the main thing the guy is doing is replacing jobs with robots.

But hey, he 5Xed the money I invested in his company, so I'm definitely not going say anything bad about him.

I'm pretty sure that if I 5Xed your money, you would be telling me about how wonderful of a person I am and thank Jesus that somebody like me has the balls to do it.

I got made fun of pretty bad in high school and have slowly been making sure those people are 100% aware of the fact that they're total losers and did absolutely jack squat with their lives.

So, I got mine, and they got screwed. Sounds like a happy ending to me.

You're assuming everyone is some rich spoiled little snob and can afford to boycott everything from non-cage free eggs to fruit without preservatives? Get a grip. I eat what I can afford. Also, money isn't the only measure of success or happiness.

Personally, they could beat a cow to death with a baseball bat and I'd prefer that beef, at least it's been tenderized.

This post was edited by Superman on Jul 31 2021 04:43pm
Gold: 6,523.00
Jul 31 2021 05:47pm
Quote (Superman @ 31 Jul 2021 18:42)
Also, money isn't the only measure of success or happiness.

Yeah, it certainly has diminishing returns.

I'm not close to the level where I have paparazzi following me around or anything, so I have a long ways to go before it stops being entertaining.

I'm still at the level where if I want media attention, I have to pay some PR company to bribe journalists and reporters.

I do feel bad for the billionaires though, they actually have so much money that they don't even have enough time in their life to even spend it all.

What are they suppose to do? It's so rare to be in that kind of situation, so they have no choice, but to just keep going forward.

Obviously somebody making that kind of money has to keep trying to achieve more and more or their life is kinda over.

If they just packed up their business and shoved all of the money into a bank, then all of their employees would be out a job.

They could actual do serious damage to the economy by not making more money, so it's actually immoral for them not to try to expand their wealth.

For somebody like Jeff Bezos, life is basically a prison for him, and it makes complete sense for him to want to go to space.

Maybe he can build a moon base, start mining asteroids, and actually do something that would be a challenge for him like become the world's first multi-trillionaire.

This post was edited by mki on Jul 31 2021 05:57pm
Gold: 679.50
Aug 1 2021 08:07am
Quote (mki @ Jul 31 2021 07:47pm)

I got made fun of pretty bad in high school and have slowly been making sure those people are 100% aware of the fact that they're total losers and did absolutely jack squat with their lives

Your experiences have turned you into a tyrant.

A commie one at that.

Gold: 8,355.00
Aug 1 2021 08:08am
Quote (mitchflow @ 1 Aug 2021 10:07)

A commie one at that.

This
Gold: 5.00
Aug 1 2021 08:11am
Quote (mitchflow @ Aug 1 2021 10:07am)

A commie one at that.

Communists, at the very least, pretend to care about the well-being of others.

This is someone who thinks it’s immoral for billionaires to stop exploiting their workers.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 1 2021 09:42am
Quote (mki @ Jul 31 2021 12:03pm)
So, quickly somebody just dismisses the entire story with some simple misdirection, even thought one would actually expect that a highly profitable company like that would not be engaging in things like that.

All of a sudden were are now talking about how clothes are made in China instead of talking about how employees at a US company are committing suicide over being mistreated.

That’s bullshit, my retort wasn’t simple misdirection, I was asking you to elaborate on your moral stance and highlighted other issues I felt were abject by comparison. Instead of replying about your concern for the well-being of US workers (which at first wasn’t even your point, you stated you didn’t like that Blizzard retained legal representation which had assisted in other immoral cases) you retorted with an excuse about how you’d rather focus on educating people to eat with utensils because that’s easier to advocate for than the ethical treatment of human beings. You then elaborated on your objective superiority and how if you were in power you would execute people for not eating with utensils to instil fear in them and force compliance.

Further, you make it sound like you DO have the means to purchase clothing and shoes from sources outside those which utilize slave labour as well, what with your long winded posts about how financially successful you are (but I’m going to assume based on your description of yourself you still choose not to). I’ll give you a pass on lithium batteries because they’re more unreasonable to avoid, but you obviously don’t give a fuck about the issues in that industry either, seeing as how callous you’ve been explained yourself to be.

You’re a charlatan, and I’m finished discussing anything with you further. Good luck in your future.

This post was edited by sum182_41 on Aug 1 2021 09:46am
Gold: 12,260.00
Aug 1 2021 09:49am
Quote (mki @ 1 Aug 2021 00:47)
Yeah, it certainly has diminishing returns.

I'm not close to the level where I have paparazzi following me around or anything, so I have a long ways to go before it stops being entertaining.

I'm still at the level where if I want media attention, I have to pay some PR company to bribe journalists and reporters.

I do feel bad for the billionaires though, they actually have so much money that they don't even have enough time in their life to even spend it all.

What are they suppose to do? It's so rare to be in that kind of situation, so they have no choice, but to just keep going forward.

Obviously somebody making that kind of money has to keep trying to achieve more and more or their life is kinda over.

If they just packed up their business and shoved all of the money into a bank, then all of their employees would be out a job.

They could actual do serious damage to the economy by not making more money, so it's actually immoral for them not to try to expand their wealth.

For somebody like Jeff Bezos, life is basically a prison for him, and it makes complete sense for him to want to go to space.

Maybe he can build a moon base, start mining asteroids, and actually do something that would be a challenge for him like become the world's first multi-trillionaire.

yes, jeff bezos, my hero. what would i do without him and his delivery service :cry: oh wait...
Gold: 9,050.00
Aug 1 2021 10:39am
Quote (Apovax @ Jul 30 2021 05:00am)
Lul. Brother you need to rethink your view about the world. Eating food with your fingers is neither rude, nor barbaric. If anything it is plain idiotic to eat some foods with fork and knive. Hit me up if you need a clarification on that. I can give you a history lesson and a human behavioral lesson as well, after which you mght change your mind. By the way... where did you get that with genitals and butthole.. has to be a personal experince, otherwise .. I cannot think of why would someone in a restaurant or at home do that while eating.

In a different order of ideas. Blizzard should pay dearly for the misstreatment of those employees. Neevertheless all those employees will not have a job anymore if you don t buy a copy of D2R. You really have to learn how to see the bigger picture in the world. If you want to boycot Blizzard it s not via not buying a copy of a game, but get in contact with the association of employees that are rioting, try to get some facts and put them on paper on your Blog Company. Then Campaign for it. Even better you can find another company in the same situation in your area and fight the war on all fronts.

TL:DR some foods are meant to be eaten with your hands. Blizzard should pay for misstreating employees, which will be done via the correct channels and not buy boycotting a product which is actually a great piece of entertainment.

Tldr of tldr: food = good. Blizzard shit employer. Blizzard decent game producer in the past.

3rd edit --this so good

I think I found the only man who is actually enlightened on jsp

This post was edited by Gilgameshed on Aug 1 2021 10:40am
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev11314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll