d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Activision-blizzard Hires Controversial Lawfirm
Prev1121314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 41,500.00
Jul 31 2021 09:37am
Poop
Gold: 35.00
Jul 31 2021 09:37am
Quote (TheEndOfTimes @ Jul 31 2021 12:37pm)
Poop

I brought poop here first,

Pls don8
Gold: 7.00
Warn: 50%
Jul 31 2021 09:39am
Quote (Agent007 @ Jul 31 2021 11:13am)
You're extremely ignorant. There are cultures where eating with your hands is traditional. Spew this nonsense to those people and see what happens to you.

I'll Suck the barbecue sauce off my fingers right in front of you and you'll do absolutely nothing about it.

Just put your fingers into a fist and give him a BBQ punch
Gold: 393.01
Warn: 10%
Jul 31 2021 10:02am
Enigma nerfed?
Gold: 6,523.00
Jul 31 2021 10:03am
Quote (Trip. @ 31 Jul 2021 10:33)
Are you saying there is a problem with fast food workers? Are you calling them dirty or less intelligent than you are because they work in fast food?

No, you said that, but now that you have said it, I absolutely agree, and here's why:

There's various strategies to make money, the worst of which is to get a job, because the only way an employer is going to hire somebody is if they need that person to make money.

That's the only way that works. They hire somebody because that's how they make money.

So not only will they never hire somebody unless it's profitable for them to do so, but they will carefully select the absolute best slave, cough I mean employee, from the "employee marketplace."

The amount of money they will be paid typically has absolutely nothing to do with how much work they are doing or how good of a job they are doing, but rather is based upon a calculation of how scarce employees are to fill that employment role are.

Since the skills required to work at a fastfood restaurant are extremely common, they will be paid as little as legally allowed under law.

The people who agree to that employment arrangement are guaranteeing themselves poverty and they certainly are going to be living in an unhealthy and dirty environment.

Thinking you are somehow better than any fast food employee shows your true lack of knowledge and compassion.

Well, I would never agree to an arrangement that guarantees me being in poverty and I absolutely think that every single fast food worker should quit on the spot.

The arrangement they have involved themselves in, is not a fair one and they should find something better to do with their time.

Why are you bothering making a post about boycotting and Activision/Blizzard game because they hired a law firm that represented bad people (as most law firms do) in the past when you are just as bad of a person who believes that someone else on this planet has a lower value than you do because they work in an industry that you deem unworthy?

The people posting in this thread largely do not seem to know the story about what goes on at Blizzard and I realize now that this site is fanboy central, so obviously nobody here wants to hear about drunken frat parties in the office, their CEO getting a $150 million bonus, the investigations into their rampant sexual harassment, or about the employees that killed themselves.

It truly is a terrible company that is just as bad as The Weinstein Company, which is sad because I liked their classic games.

So, quickly somebody just dismisses the entire story with some simple misdirection, even thought one would actually expect that a highly profitable company like that would not be engaging in things like that.

All of a sudden were are now talking about how clothes are made in China instead of talking about how employees at a US company are committing suicide over being mistreated.

Honestly though, I just posted the article because it was news worthy and ever since, I have been talking about things I would rather talk about, because the truth is that I don't care about AB.

One thing those people did get right is the fact that there's far worse things out there.

I hate to break it to you, but a career in the lowlife fast food industry can be very profitable, and support a family with no problems whatsoever. Why does that make someone in that industry less important than anyone else on the planet?

Very profitable? A 30 second TV commercial costs more than an average employee is paid in an entire month. It's a borderline scam to work at one of those places and their food is horrible.

If people had the time or the money to eat properly they would and then that would leave every fast food chain in bankruptcy because only the homeless and drug addicts would eat it.

I personally wouldn't wipe my butt with that garbage and I wouldn't even feed it to my dog.

Lets play a game.

I am going to guess your IQ.

Based on previous comments in this post alone, I would have to assume it is sub 100, probably ranging in the mid to upper 70's somewhere.

Right?

Sure.

You don't know how IQ scores work. The scores are calculated based upon what is known as a bell-curve and a score of 100 is actually perfectly normal, and a score in the 70s would be borderline mentally retarded.

Although I have never personally had my IQ evaluated, one could estimate based up my life time of achieving difficult things that very few people achieve, that it must be significantly above 100.

Also, I'm not going to assume that your IQ is lower than 100 because of your lack of awareness regarding how complex things like job marketplaces and how the investment ecosystem operates.

IQ scores also don't take into account specialized knowledge, like what I am about to tell you.

This is the truth about money and I hope you can see how the world really works from different perspectives:

One thing that investors care about deeply is a concept known as productivity. Productivity probably doesn't mean what you think it means. It's not determined by a specific formula (it can be, but from this perspective it's not), but is actually determined by how much money an investment generates over a variable period of time, and also considers how much effort was put into it as there are different types of investments. This concept is why investors behave the way they behave: They are always looking to minimize the amount of work and risk, while maximizing the financial benefit.

Somebody who was involved in business and investment explained the concept to me when I was young, so I took the money I made doing very aggressive email marketing (what I was doing is illegal now), which was sales commission based, and invested that money into the stock of a company that I really, truly believed was the future. From that single investment, I have made more money than most people make in their entire lifetimes and I didn't do any work at all for that money. All did was make an investment into a company that at the time was pretty new and I held on to the stock in that company for a very long time. Truth be told, if I had held on to that stock for longer, I would have actually made more money by doing nothing.

With some of the money from that investment, I started my own company, and although it's very small, I still make many times more money that most people make and all I do is mange processes, I don't actually do much work. Granted, I spend 8-10 hours a day "working on the business" it's mostly stuff like looking at reports, making notes, dealing with the absurd 300+ emails I get a day, and any time there's any actual work that needs to be done, I just have one of my employees do that. The business is already set up in a way where the employees know what work they need to do, and for the most part they just do it with out me asking. My main contribution to the business is just coming up with new ideas.

I hope you can see that if you want to make money, and I'm talking like real money, that you can't be doing any work. The people that think that you are suppose to work for money are going to fail in life. How are you going to have time to make intelligent decisions and come up with ideas if you are working? Working is for people who don't have any money and they don't have any ideas.

I hope you take what I said seriously.

This post was edited by mki on Jul 31 2021 10:06am
Gold: 1,933.00
Jul 31 2021 10:49am
The people posting in this thread largely do not seem to know the story about what goes on at Blizzard and I realize now that this site is fanboy central, so obviously nobody here wants to hear about drunken frat parties in the office, their CEO getting a $150 million bonus, the investigations into their rampant sexual harassment, or about the employees that killed themselves.

You're the OP and your post states nothing about this. You only said you are rethinking buying the game because they chose a specific law firm. nothing about why they need any law firm in the first place.

Basing your decision on them selecting a law firm is ridiculous at best. If you look into the history of almost ALL law firms of defense attorneys, you can find that they have represented some fairly unsavory characters. That actually happens to be their job. If they are a defense attorney, they are there to represent clients that supposedly did something wrong regardless if they did the alleged crime or not.

I will admit you do make some good points in the "Truth about money" and investing, as I do investments myself, and have a few investment properties that I manage, but the fact that you feel that fast food workers are beneath you (even if you didn't "say it" we can tell you feel it now) is bordering on appalling. I do hope that sometime soon you discover that people are people regardless of what classification you or anyone else wants to throw them into.

I myself couldn't imagine thinking anyone alive is worth less than I am, and I would do anything I can to help my fellow man (or woman). Do I give homeless people money? No. Though I do not feel that would help them at all. I do however offer food/drinks, I have even employed some in the past.

Remember sir/ma'am (as I do not know your gender) all people are created equal, even fast food workers.
Gold: 6,523.00
Jul 31 2021 11:02am
Quote (Trip. @ 31 Jul 2021 12:49)
You're the OP and your post states nothing about this. You only said you are rethinking buying the game because they chose a specific law firm. nothing about why they need any law firm in the first place.

Basing your decision on them selecting a law firm is ridiculous at best. If you look into the history of almost ALL law firms of defense attorneys, you can find that they have represented some fairly unsavory characters. That actually happens to be their job. If they are a defense attorney, they are there to represent clients that supposedly did something wrong regardless if they did the alleged crime or not.

I will admit you do make some good points in the "Truth about money" and investing, as I do investments myself, and have a few investment properties that I manage, but the fact that you feel that fast food workers are beneath you (even if you didn't "say it" we can tell you feel it now) is bordering on appalling. I do hope that sometime soon you discover that people are people regardless of what classification you or anyone else wants to throw them into.

I myself couldn't imagine thinking anyone alive is worth less than I am, and I would do anything I can to help my fellow man (or woman). Do I give homeless people money? No. Though I do not feel that would help them at all. I do however offer food/drinks, I have even employed some in the past.

Remember sir/ma'am (as I do not know your gender) all people are created equal, even fast food workers.

Great well. As long as you remember the three core tenants to success: Lie, cheat, and steal, then you'll do fine. If you're not good at those things, then find someone that is and just do what works.

As far as you questioning my morals: Look, I didn't create the system and as a matter of fact, I'm against it, but I'm smart enough to know that I have a choice: I can either follow the leader or I can be poor. The system is designed to create classes of people in a way where the upper class pulls the puppet strings. This has been going on so long that the only way to maintain the system, is every thing has to be a scam, a rip off, or a huge group of people is being tricked.

Some people are starting to get angry about the way things work so if you're going to make any big life decisions then you should make them soon.

This post was edited by mki on Jul 31 2021 11:03am
Gold: 252.00
Jul 31 2021 11:05am
Quote (mki @ Jul 31 2021 07:02pm)
Great well. As long as you remember the three core tenants to success: Lie, cheat, and steal, then you'll do fine. If you're not good at those things, then find someone that is and just do what works.

As far as you questioning my morals: Look, I didn't create the system and as a matter of fact, I'm against it, but I'm smart enough to know that I have a choice: I can either follow the leader or I can be poor. The system is designed to create classes of people in a way where the upper class pulls the puppet strings. This has been going on so long that the only way to maintain the system, is every thing has to be a scam, a rip off, or a huge group of people is being tricked.

Even tho I'm going to your restaurant to defecate (in the toilet and 100% clean as I am) and use my spoon for eating the ribs, I gotta agree with you on this
Gold: 39.00
Jul 31 2021 11:55am
Quote (mki @ Jul 31 2021 12:03pm)
The people who agree to that employment arrangement are guaranteeing themselves poverty and they certainly are going to be living in an unhealthy and dirty environment.

Well, I would never agree to an arrangement that guarantees me being in poverty and I absolutely think that every single fast food worker should quit on the spot.

The arrangement they have involved themselves in, is not a fair one and they should find something better to do with their time.

1. You assume they have better options when they may not
2. Somebody has to do it

Should they go unemployed?

You come across incredibly snobby, ignorant, arrogant, with a lack of empathy. You sound like someone who has never suffered a day in your life which is really bad for one's character... And to top it off, you might be a sociopath.
Such people shouldn't be typing novels like you do. You don't have much good to share.
Gold: 225,299.00
Jul 31 2021 01:20pm
Quote (PhearCIII @ Jul 29 2021 05:28pm)
I am actually impressed by your commitment

This :rofl:
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev1121314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll