d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Mechanical Keyboard Doubletyping Problem
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,033.00
Jul 22 2021 02:23am
So i have a question.

I had a roccat mechanical keyboard and after a while it started double and sometimes even tripple typing letters with just one button press which is hella annoying when typing smth. Some keys more than others. So i updated the driver and even cleaned all the buttons at one point. It didnt help. So i bought a g910 and the same thing starts to happen. It seems its a problem with mechanical keyboards. The keyboard is completely clean and updated. There is no problem with my os cause other keyboards work just fine.

Now, is there some programm or setting for win 10 that sais like: if the same button is pressed in like 50 ms or even less that its only activated once. That would prevent that type of problem then. You understand what i want? Thx for help in advance, cheers
Gold: 84.10
Jul 22 2021 04:19am
Quote (Phat_Addictive @ Jul 22 2021 03:23am)
So i have a question.

I had a roccat mechanical keyboard and after a while it started double and sometimes even tripple typing letters with just one button press which is hella annoying when typing smth. Some keys more than others. So i updated the driver and even cleaned all the buttons at one point. It didnt help. So i bought a g910 and the same thing starts to happen. It seems its a problem with mechanical keyboards. The keyboard is completely clean and updated. There is no problem with my os cause other keyboards work just fine.

Now, is there some programm or setting for win 10 that sais like: if the same button is pressed in like 50 ms or even less that its only activated once. That would prevent that type of problem then. You understand what i want? Thx for help in advance, cheers

this isnt normal for mech kb
if both are doing it most likely some setting you have changed
have you tried on another pc?

fyi have owned around a dozen mechs still have 5
Gold: 40,605.01
Jul 22 2021 05:53am
Doesn't seem like a hardware/keyboard problem. Below are a few suggestions.

Check keyboard settings and change the repeat delay to long.

Or go turn on filter keys.

Or re-install your keyboard driver (whether it's from Windows or your keyboard manufacturer).
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll