d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Fear Street - 3 Part Horror Movie
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 19 2021 12:27pm
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6566576/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9701940/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9701942/

So far I've only watched the first movie. It was pretty fun. The pacing felt pretty good, even if it's a bit slower compared to your traditional slasher movies. You can tell it's based off of YA novels, but I still enjoyed it.
Gold: 550.00
Jul 19 2021 01:10pm
I enjoyed it, but I'm honestly surprised how good the reviews have been. I feel like there have been similar horrors over the past 5 years that get crucified in reviews, when in reality they are similar in quality to this movie. Maybe critics are taking it easier, maybe it's just the pull of the people involved, idk.

Still looking forward to the second and third part, since like you I've only watched the first one.

Edit: I wasn't even looking at the IMDb ratings. The IMDb ratings look accurate at 6.2 imo for the first

This post was edited by Rezzakin on Jul 19 2021 01:13pm
Jul 19 2021 02:29pm
Quote (Rezzakin @ 19 Jul 2021 13:10)
I enjoyed it, but I'm honestly surprised how good the reviews have been. I feel like there have been similar horrors over the past 5 years that get crucified in reviews, when in reality they are similar in quality to this movie. Maybe critics are taking it easier, maybe it's just the pull of the people involved, idk.

Still looking forward to the second and third part, since like you I've only watched the first one.

Edit: I wasn't even looking at the IMDb ratings. The IMDb ratings look accurate at 6.2 imo for the first

I haven't watched many slashers recently. The last one was Halloween. Honestly that movie is just terrible. Typically in slashers the characters have no agency, the cinematography is drab and dull, with garbage lighting, and they follow all of the standard slasher tropes.

For Fear Street they kind of ignore all the tropes, the characters have control over their fate for the most part and the style and film making is really different and enjoyable. The 90s aesthetic was done really well, it was colourful and the lighting was good so you could actually see what was happening.

The characters were also enjoyable and had personality. Like they were real characters and not just "dead guy #4". It was pretty funny when they thought it was just a prank and just cussed out skull head.
Gold: 305.00
Jul 20 2021 04:25am
I liked a lot 2 and first part of 3 but not everything happning in 1994 (1 and second part of 3).

This post was edited by CHIWAWA on Jul 20 2021 04:25am
Jul 21 2021 08:51pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 19 2021 04:29pm)
I haven't watched many slashers recently. The last one was Halloween. Honestly that movie is just terrible. Typically in slashers the characters have no agency, the cinematography is drab and dull, with garbage lighting, and they follow all of the standard slasher tropes.

For Fear Street they kind of ignore all the tropes, the characters have control over their fate for the most part and the style and film making is really different and enjoyable. The 90s aesthetic was done really well, it was colourful and the lighting was good so you could actually see what was happening.

The characters were also enjoyable and had personality. Like they were real characters and not just "dead guy #4". It was pretty funny when they thought it was just a prank and just cussed out skull head.

I agree with that, the setting was really well done. Seems like a lot of productions nail this down nowadays since it's so popular. Who doesn't love watching films/shows from the 80's/90's etc.

Some of the characters and dialogue was annoying to me. Some of the kills were cool, and others were kind of like alright that just happened. Although it is really hard to avoid some of that in these types of movies.

The last teen horror movie I can remember watching was Freaky and I think overall I enjoyed it more. Still need to watch the last 2 parts.

Jul 22 2021 12:32am
Wow, part 2 was so much better. I had goosebumps a few times during the movie. Idk if it was primarily the actors or what, but I enjoyed this one a lot more than part 1. The main characters and the dialogue was really good for the most part in this one.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 30 2021 09:22am
Finally got to see part 3 of fear street, i really like the first 2, i wasent that keen on the first hafl of part 3,
but after they return from the flashback, things pace up again and it gets good. All in all it was an above average horror flick.
Jul 30 2021 04:26pm
Part 2 and 3 were definitely your more stereotypical slasher films. Falling back on typical tropes to create run time. I did enjoy them quite a bit. It was neat how in part 2 when the killing started only shady side kids died, neat little detail that hints at the conclusion.

Although I'm not sure I enjoyed the ending. I think part 3 could have been a lot more interesting if they stuck with the original premise instead of switching to the "obviously it's the man's fault" script.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jul 30 2021 04:27pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll