d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Looking For A Split Screen First Person Shooter
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 29,335.00
Trader: Trusted
Jul 26 2021 08:47am
Quote (iSmoke420 @ Jul 26 2021 08:48am)
Why would you want to play split screen with one controller? never heard of any multiplayer that does this other then tiger woods pga tour and maybe Mario party

No, we are each one using our controller, on the same console in offline xbox mode. No live, no gold.
Think about playing Mario Kart 8 on Switch or Wii U in a family room with 1 console, 2 controllers, you and a friend, but instead of Mario Kart 8, it would be a first person shooter game I'm looking for that meets the criteria in post #1.
Looks like I need to change the criteria, because I believe there are no games that meet what I'm looking for, unless I buy another xbox one for my wife.

Quote (Chiefers @ Jul 24 2021 03:38pm)
this is probably the closest thing youre looking for its xbox360 but backwards compatible

Does this mean I can buy this xbox 360 game and play it on my xbox one?

Thanks for other suggestions, I'm more looking for a police squad style game for now.
Gold: 0.50
Jul 26 2021 09:13pm
One of the best split screen shooters of all time with no online needed... left 4 dead and left 4 dead 2.

Zombies are cheesey but it's actually a pretty fun game!

Barely read your first post haha. Not realistic and not law enforcement related.

This post was edited by Randscend on Jul 26 2021 09:14pm
Gold: 29,335.00
Trader: Trusted
Jul 27 2021 07:34am
Quote (Randscend @ Jul 26 2021 11:13pm)
One of the best split screen shooters of all time with no online needed... left 4 dead and left 4 dead 2.

Zombies are cheesey but it's actually a pretty fun game!

Barely read your first post haha. Not realistic and not law enforcement related.

lol it's ok
Thanks a lot for digging into this and trying to help.
I believe the xbox one was designed to have each player own his own xbox one where the focus is more on the "use the whole screen" experience.
Gold: 0.50
Jul 27 2021 10:25pm
Quote (Sadden_One @ Jul 27 2021 07:34am)
lol it's ok
Thanks a lot for digging into this and trying to help.
I believe the xbox one was designed to have each player own his own xbox one where the focus is more on the "use the whole screen" experience.

Yeah i actually read the firat post now lol. Unfortunately you're going to be really limited wot3h that criteria. I did some research as was not really able to find 1 gamethat would incorporatewhat shes looking for. I would honestly say? Go through the classics. Halo MCC has all the campaigns. I know it's not "real" but the quality is fantastic. Especially if you work through them. Gears of war (and I know I already mentioned L4D ) are classic coop same screen games that can be very challenging and fun. A way out would be another option. I personally have not played it? But i heard its very story driven and great especially when playing split screen.

This post was edited by Randscend on Jul 27 2021 10:26pm
Gold: 150.00
Jul 28 2021 02:59pm
Quote (Sadden_One @ Jul 17 2021 06:59pm)
I’m looking for a realistic police squad style first person shooting game that I could play with my wife on split screen using 1 Xbox One in offline mode. I don’t have the Live subscription to play online.

So I saw some videos of the Rainbox Six Siege that I will use as a reference of the type of game I’m looking for, or anything similar. Unfortunately, I read that this game can’t be played on co-op split screen with a second player sitting near me using the same console.

My wife doesn’t like games where we shoot zombies or monsters or any non humans, so no Call of Duty and games like that in co-op. And she likes games where the graphics look realistic, so no Borderland or Fortnite, etc.
After we got bored of GTA being the bad guy, we are looking for a game were we will be the good guys (police squad, tactic unit, etc), and teaming up to take down the bad guys.

Any recommendations?
Thanks.

Army of TWO!!
Gold: 121.00
Jul 29 2021 01:39pm
Quote (Sadden_One @ Jul 26 2021 10:47am)
No, we are each one using our controller, on the same console in offline xbox mode. No live, no gold.
Think about playing Mario Kart 8 on Switch or Wii U in a family room with 1 console, 2 controllers, you and a friend, but instead of Mario Kart 8, it would be a first person shooter game I'm looking for that meets the criteria in post #1.
Looks like I need to change the criteria, because I believe there are no games that meet what I'm looking for, unless I buy another xbox one for my wife.

Does this mean I can buy this xbox 360 game and play it on my xbox one?

Thanks for other suggestions, I'm more looking for a police squad style game for now.

yes you can play it on your xbox one
Gold: 6,412.80
Jul 31 2021 07:56pm
Quote (hammered_guy @ Jul 21 2021 11:08pm)
check army of two

old but fun

I second this although it isn't exactly a ''realistic police squad style first person shooting game'' but couch co op and hella fun I think you'd like it anyway.
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll