d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Need Some Advice
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 5 2021 02:09am
Quote (ErrorCode404 @ Jul 5 2021 06:33am)
It's July 4th bro why you bored & alone lol.

I am from England mate. The 4th of July means nothing for us. I was bloody banned for that post above. 🤣🤣 Christ. I better calm it down huh 🤣🤣🤦
Gold: 61,711.69
Jul 5 2021 04:11am
The TLDR version of this post is: Yes D2 is worth buying, but it should be considered as a race as opposed to a game. i.e. get to level 70, get your 6 pieces, form a 4 man team (make friends), grind paragon points until you have gear and levels and then push 150. quit once 150, start again the following season. No PvP, No meaningful trading except with party members, limited builds at the highest levels, but alot of different builds for casuals (lower Gr expectations by about 20-30 levels i.e. GR 120-130).

===============================================

Diablo 3 is worth buying, it provides a momentary distraction from other games and repeats itself (ladder) every few months, with slight changes to the (ladder) play. Note: there is very little incentive to play non season. Unlike Path of Exile none of these "seasonal themes" are incorporated into the game. Which is a shame really. The entire game is like a micro version of leveling to 99 in Diablo 2. i.e. The End Goal is basically to do the highest Greater Rift (GR) is the fastest time, or to beat your friends time.

The 1-70 progression is semi similar to that in Diablo 2 when trying to get to Hell Act5 Baal Runs. The standard difficulty is fine but if you want a challenge you can increase the difficulty. The Hell Act5 Version of Diablo 3 is when you have completed 1-70 and have a 6 piece set and start pushing the GR levels higher and higher. Anyway, so once you are 70 (this takes anywhere from 5 minutes [rushed] to 4 hours [slow] it is all about Greater Rifts (GR) and getting your 6 piece set and then grinding experience (known as paragon points). First you need "Keys" to open the Greater Rifts. these are acquired by clearing"Rifts". Increasing the difficulty increases the drop rate of Keys - with everyone looking to smoothly rush through Rifts at the highest Level (T16) as quickly as possible (hint: requires 6 piece set).

There is very limited "trading" in Diablo 3. Apart from a short period within the game where you can trade items, or give/receive free with your fellow party members, there is no trading of items. Instead what blizzard has done is increase the drop rate exponentially such that it is relatively straight forward to get the item(s) you want. In this regard, each class has 3-4 sets (with varying degrees of strength) and the whole point of the early game (the first few hours) is to acquire a complete 6 piece set, which will grant a massive damage boost. Invariably you wont get your preferred set first, so the idea is to do as high GR as possible. Gr's go from 1-150 (with 150 being the Cap). as soon as you have a 6 piece you can smoothly GR70+, and with paragon and ability, 150 is the limit.

For Team play at the highest levels (130-150) certain classes/builds are preferred/mandatory, but at lower levels provided you are well equipped you could use just about anything with friends. Most people quit each season after a few weeks, but they come back each new season start. At the highest levels are 2 types of characters - Damage and Support. Damage orientated players need to grind crazy hours in order to "perfect/augment" their damage whereas support characters are the recommended builds for those players that are casual but want to experience the game at the highest GR levels.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jul 5 2021 04:25am
Jul 7 2021 08:18pm
Game should only be played at a skating rink on an arcade machine while you're waiting for your friends to get their drink

25 cents a rift

Chance to continue to play for free if you succeed

This post was edited by INVISION_POWER_BOARD_1_3_1 on Jul 7 2021 08:19pm
Gold: 245.00
Jul 9 2021 05:11am
Quote (BigAuldGrump @ Jul 1 2021 10:40pm)
Been playing D2 for heck of a long time, reading reviews about D3 and its like should i or shouldn't i.

can i just get peoples opinions on the game and like the toons (not big description obvs) just looking for opinions of the gameplay levels etc please.

Thanks

It's an ok game - if you go into it expecting a sequel to D2, prepare to be disappointed

If you go into it expecting to get a few hundred hours out of a generic loot based arpg, you might enjoy it

It has flaws and can be pretty repetitive, but you can definitely get ~200 hours or so out of it. Which isn't too bad compared to a lot of recent games

None of the toons really feel unique imo. Everything is basically just run around and 1shot things in hopes for loot. Some have better aoe, others have better defensives, but in general it's 99% based on your gear and nothing else. Some are better at group buffs, some are pretty good solo

That's about it, I might play next season for like a week just to see the old D2 items that'll be available, but meh
Gold: 1,128.69
Jul 10 2021 09:31am
I've played religiously since s19 and last season for instance really sucked. there was zero difference from non-season to season, so alot of ppl didnt see the point in playing, Season 24 was looking like it was going to suck too, because the grim scythe looked like the trash clearer, but now the WD is looking promising and everyone loved S20 with the OP WD. So, it might actually be a decent season. But just a heads up, D3 is saturated with botters. although they have been banning them and removing them from the leaderboards.
Jul 17 2021 07:55pm
D3 is an acquired taste. Join in on a new season and it's well worth it.
Gold: 6,292.80
Jul 27 2021 01:20pm
depends what you like about d2 pve? pvp? both? if you were like me an loved pvp d3 = trash. Positive's about d3, its easy to gear a character, can play with controller, and THE BEST PART you can play with a friend at home on the couch on the same screen, which is fun to beat the story together. It's worth buying but you wont play it for ever. Enjoy it with a friend at home or even online with a friend, just know its probably gonna only be some pve shit for you
Gold: 252.00
Jul 27 2021 03:17pm
Just wait for D2R dude and you won't hurt yourself with d3, you can play Black desert while you wait for D2R (23rd September). That is my humble advice 😁
Jul 29 2021 09:02pm
Its just not what it expected wait for d2r dont make the same mistake i did lol
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll