d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Need Help With Desktop Upgrade
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,352.00
Jun 28 2021 05:15pm
Currently running an I3-3220 CPU with 4gb physical RAM and I think 2x 8gb ddr 3 sticks basicly my pc is outdated friend help me building it around 6 years ago for 800-900 $ CAD

I'd be looking for an upg but have no experience personally in PC building. Not sure if I should buy pre-built or pieces... taking advice!

Desktop / HTPC / Shuttle / Servers

Topic Title: Need a Desktop PC built
Description: Gaming
Budget: 1300-2000$ CAD so around 1300-1600$ USD
More specific use (what games, what programs): Mostly to play Path of Exile / Dota 2
Planned time until purchase: Max end of july
Do you need an Operating System?: Yes
Do you have any specific preferred components?: Not really
Do you need a sound or wireless card?: Don't think so? I'll be wired to my router.
Do you want stock cooling or do you plan on overclocking?: No clue what this means
Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard?: Got all those covered only need the desktop
Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): Canada (Montreal)

I was looking on Newegg but didn't know if I could trust the ABS dekstop computers since the overwhelming amount of 1 star reviews for some of their models.

Thanks for any input :O
Gold: 40,605.01
Jun 29 2021 09:49am
I don't know much about NewEgg's ABS builds, but from what I see, they seem ok. It's NewEgg building a PC from whatever random parts they have in stock. This appears to be an ok option.

If you want to build your own PC, get your hands on a GPU first. We're in a shortage and this is causing a lot of issues. Look at eBay to see what they're selling these GPUs at and then compare that to their MSRP. Then rethink your decision on 1) build your own PC and wait a GPU or pay a ridiculous price or 2) buy a pre-built PC.
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll