d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Classic Wow Was More Fun Than Tbc
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 30 2021 02:35pm
Quote (oRAnGeInAbOx @ Jun 30 2021 03:27pm)
i said peak sub not peak balance. i think its preference but i preferred wotlk pve and cata pvp. i quit after cata but i hear pvp was better in mop than cata but i can't say anything about the game post cata. but ya either way i wasnt speaking on that.

for pve, probably

legion>mop>rest

for pvp, probably

mop>cata>wotlk>legion

and yes, pvp in mop was actually amazing after the first 2 seasons (iirc same with wrath)

This post was edited by Dreamlight on Jun 30 2021 02:36pm
Gold: 57,128.00
Jun 30 2021 02:40pm
Quote (Dreamlight @ Jun 30 2021 04:35pm)
for pve, probably

legion>mop>rest

for pvp, probably

mop>cata>wotlk>legion

and yes, pvp in mop was actually amazing after the first 2 seasons (iirc same with wrath)

only post Ill ever agree with from dreamlight
Gold: 6,001.00
Jun 30 2021 03:00pm
Quote (Dreamlight @ Jun 30 2021 04:35pm)
for pve, probably

legion>mop>rest

for pvp, probably

mop>cata>wotlk>legion

True but regardless I was only talking about subs and how it's weird a guy wouldnt want classic wotlk but is ok with vanilla/tbc.

Personally I see peak of wow as a trilogy and then just a cash cow after. Trilogy as in van,tbc&wotlk. After that to me the game has just been a way to chase the dragon.

Sort of like a band that had a couple really good albums but they're still working, releasing albums and singles because they made such a name for theirselves and why not make money off a legacy?

Edit: so it's like if a band with 7 albums but the first 3 were the biggest hits. And they announced a tour that focused on the first album, and another for the 2nd and you hear about a fan who Hope's they dont do a tour for the 3rd album which was arguably more popular than the first 2.

This post was edited by oRAnGeInAbOx on Jun 30 2021 03:02pm
Gold: 15,710.60
Jun 30 2021 06:26pm
Classic was fun but the world buff meta was complete dogshit , made me quit classic . Also the class balance of vanilla is so whack .
Gold: 315.00
Jul 2 2021 09:05am
Quote (Dmitriy @ Jun 26 2021 09:03pm)
Maybe it's cause I barely played classic back in the day but the whole thing of a lot of people in the same area questing and stuff was really fun. BC 2007 > vanilla wow 2005, classic WoW 2019 > TBC 2021 because it really isn't anything special downing bosses again that I downed before in 2007. Also you can really see the reduction in the open world aspect of it with flying.

at least D2R won't be boring since of PvP/infinite item rng/etc.

Firstly, if you love pvp in wow, you would love TBC :) since it introduce arena and bg and all... :)

I agree that at the very begining release wow classic was the funnest thing ive ever 'played' on earth!!!! no jokes! and im 28yro, been playing pc games since i was like 9yro (got a crappy pc for christmass at 9 along with d2 and d2 expention! i got wc3 the next year... didnt get wow until the middle of tbc because my parents were against 'subscription' games... it was super frowned upon by parents back then... runescape too... all the 'membership' with monthly fee games i could play untill i was 13-14 and got a bit of my own money doing little jobs around the town for people.... cutting lawns, helping people move in july... and shit like that)

so yeah wow classic was the best thing ever!!! but the reason why i liked it so much wasnt because it was super enjoyable gameplay or anything... but because it helped me in real life soooo much...

when wow classic cameout, i missed the first day but thats fine because they added servers day 2 due to overpopulation... so i started day 2 on thunderfury ally... mage a mage gnome because i knew what my goal was... AoE farming for gold...

i nolifed it like i never nolifed a game before... i was the 2nd lvl 60 on my server alliance side (i checked the /whois this all the time and the first lvl 60 on thunderfury ally was a paladin... no fucking jokes! lol and i didnt see a lvl 60 horde ingame while grinding in pleaguelands or whatever, but there might have been 1 or some... no clue)

So, by the time i got to lvl 60, i had already my lvl 40 mount and i had sold over 500gold already too! (on playerauctions and other RMT sites, and i also sold some for fg but not many because the demand wasnt really high.... so even if i wanted to get more fg, no buyers)

but yeah, by the time i got to lvl 60 the gold was worth over 2.5usd per gold... and i was making anywhere from 60 to 500gold per hour (well, realistically it was more like 60 to 150, but i got a freezing band during the first week wich sold for like 600goldlmfao while gold was still around 2usd each)

So yeah, i loved wow classic more than any other game i ever played,i was making like 120-250usd per hour for a bit... even after a full month gold was still like 40-50cent+ so at 60-120gold per hour you'd make like 25-60usd per hour lmfao )

that game changed my life at that moment... i had a shit part time job that i litterally quit to play wow... lol got my mage banned for rmt after 2weeks wich sucked but i got another one lvl 60 on horde now same server within like 4-5days... i did some maths back then and the 4-5days that i lost there with the ban, wich i wouldve farmed around 15-18hour per day with gold still over 1$ at that time made me lose probably over 5000$.... who else ever lost 5000$ due to a ban? lmfao

I was hype for tbc coming out... thought maybe gold price would go up a couple cents or the gold/h could go up alot and gold price would stay the same... thats what happened kinda but mage got assraped hard (they nerfed mage's aoe maximum target to like 10 or 12mob at a time max... lmfao completely ruining the aoe farming capacity...)

so... rip, im waiting for d2r or d4 now... hopefully one of the 2 will be amazing for rmt! if not well... ill figure something out :D lmao

anyone else here ever lived off of rmt?

This post was edited by NumbSouls on Jul 2 2021 09:21am
Gold: 2,615.00
Jul 18 2021 09:47pm
I got bored of tbc and quit already
I was hoping for some nostalgia but got nothing

Game dead for pvp
Seems like its only the sweaty 20 year plusses that are still playing and the forever no hopers
Its a bit like real life in that theres no middle class :P

Also made mistake rolling alliance / hit 2k now struggle to get games
Legit havent been able to queue 5s

Might do project d2 for a week while i wait for d2r

This post was edited by Branket on Jul 18 2021 09:48pm
Gold: 15,945.00
Jul 18 2021 10:48pm
Quote (Branket @ Jul 18 2021 08:47pm)

Game dead for pvp
Seems like its only the sweaty 20 year plusses that are still playing and the forever no hopers

been having fun doing pve content but I prob won't have time to tbc and d2r at the same time and I will obv choose d2r.
Gold: 6,001.00
Aug 1 2021 02:00am
Quote (Branket @ Jul 18 2021 11:47pm)

Game dead for pvp

wait for wotlk. classic/tbc involve a lot of tedious tasks. wotlk let you have a life and play wow.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 1 2021 06:44am
Quote (Dmitriy @ Jun 26 2021 09:03pm)
Maybe it's cause I barely played classic back in the day but the whole thing of a lot of people in the same area questing and stuff was really fun. BC 2007 > vanilla wow 2005, classic WoW 2019 > TBC 2021 because it really isn't anything special downing bosses again that I downed before in 2007. Also you can really see the reduction in the open world aspect of it with flying.

at least D2R won't be boring since of PvP/infinite item rng/etc.

bro its phase 1 of tbc... are you trolling remember classic phase 1 was not the fun bg was not release only raid and the only method to get honnor it was camping people on blackrock or low level zone......... was nightmare worst than tbc

This post was edited by Littlepayoofc on Aug 1 2021 06:45am
Gold: 15,945.00
Aug 5 2021 10:11am
Nvm tbc more fun.
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll