d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > World's Strongest Man 2021
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,975.00
Jun 21 2021 01:52pm
Quote (bjones9 @ 21 Jun 2021 10:49)
Why would they not live stream it?

Brian Shaw seems like a fierce competitor from what I’ve seen.

Felix is crazy too, especially for his age

Brian is an all time great, but the new generation has some monsters. Mateus recovering from his tricep injury was a favorite to win WSM titles in the near future. Tom is huge now. Novikov will be back stronger.

I'm not sure Brian has it in him to beat all those guys who aren't even at their prime yet.

WSM is fucking archaic when it comes to streaming. Everyone's been complaining about it.

Quote (Joe137 @ 20 Jun 2021 18:59)
Read the whole thread, thanks for recapping!

Too bad Caron isn't performing well or is injured. Even something small at the beginning takes a massive toll on the whole competition.

Sounds like Shaw had a good shot at it based on your recap, too bad he might not have the final stretch push to take another. Hard to watch since Hafthor and Eddie don't compete anymore, it was fun watching those three.

Nice to see another Canadian making noise! are you from north of the 49th too?

I'm from Quebec just like JF and Maxime. I've met JF a few times like a decade ago back when I trained at Hugo Girard's gym.

If you wanna see more of Thor and Eddie just wait for September, they have a boxing match lol
Gold: 5.03
Jun 21 2021 02:15pm
I'm from Quebec just like JF and Maxime. I've met JF a few times like a decade ago back when I trained at Hugo Girard's gym.

If you wanna see more of Thor and Eddie just wait for September, they have a boxing match lol

That’s cool! Hahaha yeh I’m kinda looking forward to that fight! There’s a few other fitness and strength athletes on the same card. Nothing like a really fit inexperienced smack down, should be good viewing lol
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 21 2021 06:25pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Jun 22 2021 05:52am)
Brian is an all time great, but the new generation has some monsters. Mateus recovering from his tricep injury was a favorite to win WSM titles in the near future. Tom is huge now. Novikov will be back stronger.

I'm not sure Brian has it in him to beat all those guys who aren't even at their prime yet.

WSM is fucking archaic when it comes to streaming. Everyone's been complaining about it.

Thoughts on the boxing match?
Do you think they actually dislike each other now or it’s all hype?
Jun 21 2021 07:55pm
Quote (bjones9 @ 21 Jun 2021 20:25)
Thoughts on the boxing match?
Do you think they actually dislike each other now or it’s all hype?

Oh I know Eddie fucking hates thor passionately.

Thor is looking at a million dollar pay day to get in shape. Pretty good deal if you ask me lol. Doesn't really like Eddie, but it's not pure hate.

Hard to call it honestly. Eddie's got the aggressiveness down for sure. Punches to hurt stuff. But he keeps his hands down all the fucking time and he's so stiff when he moves.

Thor seems to have taken a more professional route to learn how to box. He's quite agile for a guy his size, but he punches like a wet noodle. I want Thor to win cause Eddie's cocky as hell, but the truth is if there's a knockout it's probably gonna be Eddie knocking out Thor. If Thor wins, it'll be by gassing Eddie out and winning on points.

This post was edited by CMBurns on Jun 21 2021 07:58pm
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 22 2021 02:53am
Quote (CMBurns @ Jun 22 2021 11:55am)
Oh I know Eddie fucking hates thor passionately.

Thor is looking at a million dollar pay day to get in shape. Pretty good deal if you ask me lol. Doesn't really like Eddie, but it's not pure hate.

Hard to call it honestly. Eddie's got the aggressiveness down for sure. Punches to hurt stuff. But he keeps his hands down all the fucking time and he's so stiff when he moves.

Thor seems to have taken a more professional route to learn how to box. He's quite agile for a guy his size, but he punches like a wet noodle. I want Thor to win cause Eddie's cocky as hell, but the truth is if there's a knockout it's probably gonna be Eddie knocking out Thor. If Thor wins, it'll be by gassing Eddie out and winning on points.

I thought they were friends at one stage (even if they were rivals)

I feel you’ve summed that up perfectly. Thor is in amazing shape at the moment!
Gold: 1,005.00
Jun 22 2021 05:15pm
I've been following both of their journeys on YouTube since last year, and I feel like Thor is taking it more seriously by actually partaking in exhibition matches in order to gain experience in the ring. He's also significantly taller and better reach.. then again Mike Tyson had explosive knockout power despite his stockiness and Eddie has a 6'9 sparring partner so who knows.

#TeamThor

This post was edited by kenw on Jun 22 2021 05:16pm
Jun 22 2021 06:33pm
Quote (kenw @ 22 Jun 2021 19:15)
I've been following both of their journeys on YouTube since last year, and I feel like Thor is taking it more seriously by actually partaking in exhibition matches in order to gain experience in the ring. He's also significantly taller and better reach.. then again Mike Tyson had explosive knockout power despite his stockiness and Eddie has a 6'9 sparring partner so who knows.

#TeamThor

Tyson might've been blocky but that guy punched fast as hell, dodged fast as hell and could kill a fucking elephant with his hands. Eddie just kinda swings around.

I'm team thor too tho.

ALSO KEN ARE YOU PLAYING D2R CLASSIC
Gold: 1,005.00
Jun 23 2021 05:25pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Jun 22 2021 08:33pm)
Tyson might've been blocky but that guy punched fast as hell, dodged fast as hell and could kill a fucking elephant with his hands. Eddie just kinda swings around.

I'm team thor too tho.

ALSO KEN ARE YOU PLAYING D2R CLASSIC

Yeah I'll end my video game moratorium when it's released lol.
Gold: 174.00
Jun 25 2021 12:05pm
Appreciate the recap CM
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll