d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Jsp/diablo 2 Internet Issue
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,000.00
Jun 18 2021 11:57am
so a while back i went to sleep while i was sitting in a diablo 2 game overnight and when i woke up the people who were setting up our new internet had came and went and when i tried to log onto diablo 2 it gave me a realm down and when i tried to post here on jsp it tried treating me like i was posting on a vpn or proxy even tho my pc has vpn/proxies disabled, i havent been able to log into diablo 2 for over a week and had to get help from kevin here on jsp to be able to post again, now that i can post again i was hoping to ask the nerds of d2jsp if anyone knows how to fix this issue, i called my isp and they were of zero help and i cannot contact blizzard because they shut down their phone line and the online chat system purposefully does not have diablo 2 on its drop down selection for help and also in big letters it tells you not to try and contact tech support about realm issues because they wont be able to help me.

i have the box for enabling proxy/vpn unchecked so that it is disabled on this computer and its been that way since before and after we got the new internet so that wasnt the issue, something else was. lmk if any of you can figure this crap out, im out of ideas lmao.
Gold: 31,826.45
Jun 19 2021 06:17am
Quote (MADIrishGunner @ Jun 18 2021 02:57pm)
so a while back i went to sleep while i was sitting in a diablo 2 game overnight and when i woke up the people who were setting up our new internet had came and went and when i tried to log onto diablo 2 it gave me a realm down and when i tried to post here on jsp it tried treating me like i was posting on a vpn or proxy even tho my pc has vpn/proxies disabled, i havent been able to log into diablo 2 for over a week and had to get help from kevin here on jsp to be able to post again, now that i can post again i was hoping to ask the nerds of d2jsp if anyone knows how to fix this issue, i called my isp and they were of zero help and i cannot contact blizzard because they shut down their phone line and the online chat system purposefully does not have diablo 2 on its drop down selection for help and also in big letters it tells you not to try and contact tech support about realm issues because they wont be able to help me.

i have the box for enabling proxy/vpn unchecked so that it is disabled on this computer and its been that way since before and after we got the new internet so that wasnt the issue, something else was. lmk if any of you can figure this crap out, im out of ideas lmao.

Are you using some kind of obscure ISP? That's a pretty strange one.
Gold: 4,000.00
Jun 19 2021 08:55am
Quote (TimmyTurner @ Jun 19 2021 08:17am)
Are you using some kind of obscure ISP? That's a pretty strange one.

i mean the company i get my internet from is a new company, could that cause it? like the internet only became available to us around here within the last few months because they only just started up.

i figured maybe it happened because i went from using one ip adress to another in just 5 or 6 hours cause when i fell asleep i was still in game in diablo 2 and still logged on to jsp and i only slept for like 5 or 6 hours.

the thing that confuses me tho is im being treated as if im using a proxy or vpn when i have them disabled. i am able to post on jsp again because i messaged kevin about the issue and he helped me out, but i dont have the ability to communicate with blizzard the way i can talk to jsp staff, because they make communication regarding problems like this on a game as old as diablo 2, impossible.

so am i just super fucked now? or is it just a 2 week vpn ban like it is when u try to log into battle.net when u have vpn/proxies enabled? i dont see how waiting 2 weeks can fix the issue because its not like i found a box i could check to disable vpn/proxies because i already have them disabled so there isnt anything i can alter to change things, i feel like getting ahold of blizz could be the only way to solve this and i dont know how to ive tried everything.

last time i tried to log in was the 11th the day ladder reset, so its been 8 days. do i just wait 6 more days and if it still doesnt work then i just accept that i am fucked? lol.
Gold: 31,826.45
Jun 19 2021 09:05am
Quote (MADIrishGunner @ Jun 19 2021 11:55am)
i mean the company i get my internet from is a new company, could that cause it? like the internet only became available to us around here within the last few months because they only just started up.

i figured maybe it happened because i went from using one ip adress to another in just 5 or 6 hours cause when i fell asleep i was still in game in diablo 2 and still logged on to jsp and i only slept for like 5 or 6 hours.

the thing that confuses me tho is im being treated as if im using a proxy or vpn when i have them disabled. i am able to post on jsp again because i messaged kevin about the issue and he helped me out, but i dont have the ability to communicate with blizzard the way i can talk to jsp staff, because they make communication regarding problems like this on a game as old as diablo 2, impossible.

so am i just super fucked now? or is it just a 2 week vpn ban like it is when u try to log into battle.net when u have vpn/proxies enabled? i dont see how waiting 2 weeks can fix the issue because its not like i found a box i could check to disable vpn/proxies because i already have them disabled so there isnt anything i can alter to change things, i feel like getting ahold of blizz could be the only way to solve this and i dont know how to ive tried everything.

last time i tried to log in was the 11th the day ladder reset, so its been 8 days. do i just wait 6 more days and if it still doesnt work then i just accept that i am fucked? lol.

Sounds to me like it's purely the IP address being blacklisted which is the same reason why jsp blocked you as well. You can use a website/service like whatsmyipaddress to look up your IP and see what information it gives you about whether it's flagged as a datacenter ip or even potentially blacklisted at certain places. Once we can collect some more information about what's going on we can maybe try releasing/renewing your ip and see if that makes a difference and/or push back at your isp to do something on their end to resolve the issue.

Also, I don't know too much about how d2 handles blocking of ip addresses but if they 2 week vpn/proxy ban then it sounds for sure like that's what is happening. Only problem is that you're still on this ip address and if you release/renew your ip still could be on the same subnet or from the same ISP so after that 2 week period you could just get blocked again.

Also just a warning and i'm sure you probably already know this but when you look this stuff up regarding your ip on whatsmyipaddress or w/e don't post any of that information in here :)

This post was edited by TimmyTurner on Jun 19 2021 09:13am
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll