d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Poke, Ping, Or Honk Top Friends List?
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jun 18 2021 08:40am
Hello.

Would you poke top friends? If not interested in poke would you use a different 4 letter word like Honk? Here is the idea.

You can poke friends on top friends list from your own profile. A poke could be set up in custom ways, IE sending a different 4 letter word to express something similar to poke. When you poke someone they would get a notification. The notification would bring them to there own user profile which would give them a chance to poke top friends back.

In the future I would like to see this idea involve settings which would allow users to incorporate their own custom sound effects and or emojis in relation to someone poking them and more.

I think it is a fun idea and when limited to Top Friends I think the gain from it can be simple and fun.

What do you think ?

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 80%
Jun 18 2021 10:24am
Nothing but pure spam and pathetic attempts with pathetic suggestions that are made with the goal of gaining reputation for "trying to make forum a better place" which would reward you with a trusted tag for an efforts invested to a forum.

This is what I think.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 102,015.00
Trader: Mediator
Jun 18 2021 10:25am
No, this is not Facebook or anything like that.
Gold: 200.69
Trader: Trusted
Jun 18 2021 11:06am
I think I have enough notifications that pokes or such would just be annoying.
I’d rather my friends send me a message asking me how I am, and we’re able to have these light conversations through guild topics and PMs.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 135,473.00
Jun 18 2021 11:11am
no thanks
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jun 18 2021 11:25am
Quote (Apo720 @ 18 Jun 2021 09:25)
No, this is not Facebook or anything like that.

With recent suggestions being added that support the use of profiles for pming and sending users forum gold, I certainly am not looking at this from the Facebook perspective. ;)
Quote (Josha @ 18 Jun 2021 10:06)
I think I have enough notifications that pokes or such would just be annoying.
I’d rather my friends send me a message asking me how I am, and we’re able to have these light conversations through guild topics and PMs.

I think it is kind of like the Friends list Rotate idea. With this suggestion I have mentioned here surely it is not needed or required and their is already ways to do what many already do or enjoy but something Fun and extra to simply enjoy. Since you mentioned notifications, no doubt the more the site has to offer the more need for friendly notification features will become a thing for everyone. :) , and this site suggestion would also restrict notifications to only people of top friends and until you poke them back. :thumbsup: While it being simple to enjoy, it could also promote the use and activity of top friends list and all that entails. ^_^
Quote (Greenbay_Fan @ 18 Jun 2021 10:11)
no thanks

:) Thank you anyways :hug:
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 80%
Jun 18 2021 11:29am
Quote (Sempervirens @ Jun 18 2021 07:25pm)
With recent suggestions being added that support the use of profiles for pming and sending users forum gold, I certainly am not looking at this from the Facebook perspective. ;)

I think it is kind of like the Friends list Rotate idea. With this suggestion I have mentioned here surely it is not needed or required and their is already ways to do what many already do or enjoy but something Fun and extra to simply enjoy. Since you mentioned notifications, no doubt the more the site has to offer the more need for friendly notification features will become a thing for everyone. :) , and this site suggestion would also restrict notifications to only people of top friends and until you poke them back. :thumbsup: While it being simple to enjoy, it could also promote the use and activity of top friends list and all that entails. ^_^

:) Thank you anyways :hug:

If you cannot accept a different opinion and you have to discuss it every time in every topic do not make suggestions.
Senior Moderator
Gold: 18,422.00
Trader: Mediator
Jun 18 2021 11:47am
i feel like with how dominate Discord is nowadays, people would just tag a user there
granted that would require you to be friends on discord or share a server but a safe assumption is if you have someone in your top friends, you link up with them elsewhere as well rather then just jsp

sorry buddy but it's a no vote from me, just seems like it would be dead content on release
Admin
Gold: 172,310.00
Jun 18 2021 12:03pm
We have no plans to add something like this in the foreseeable future.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll