d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Is Left
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
Jun 17 2021 03:25pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 17 2021 05:02pm)
the number of antifa purple hairs that end up being trust fund babies once arrested is always a surprise.

It takes money to leave your job to go protest halfway across the country. Socialized unemployment benefits combined with mass layoffs allowed more average people to protest last year.

Previous protest movements like occupy X and Y did have a lot of people who could afford to be fashionably homeless. That doesn’t mean that support was limited to that small group of unwashed white people. It just means that the bulk of the movement had jobs and obligations that prevented them from being arrested as a hobby.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 17 2021 04:11pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 17 2021 03:00pm)
Iirc anarchy is a state of lawlessness with no authority and no rules, how does anarcho anything (com/soc/cap) make sense to anyone?

That's anarchy in the popular conception, which is why anarcho-capitalists like it. It basically just says "no government.

Historically anarchy was defined as flattening hierarchies. So if you have a million doses of insulin and my son needs one dose to survive, your ownership of those insulin vials is unjust if it means I can't get one. Who owns what is a hierarchy, and it is only just if it serves the good of the most people. Anarcho-capitalists would say that since he owns the insulin he shouldn't have to give it away, and government shouldn't exist to make him give it away. This ignores that ownership laws are the domaine of the government. You literally can't have capitalism without a central authority organizing the rules of ownership and enforcing rulings on disputes.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 17 2021 04:22pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 17 Jun 2021 16:02)
the number of antifa purple hairs that end up being trust fund babies once arrested is always a surprise.

eh, not really that surprising. they’re just the personification of the “i’m helping” meme. aka a person who uses social media filters to “fix problems” they helped caused :lol:
Gold: 5.00
Jun 17 2021 05:19pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 17 2021 06:22pm)
eh, not really that surprising. they’re just the personification of the “i’m helping” meme. aka a person who uses social media filters to “fix problems” they helped caused :lol:

What problems do you think they caused?
Gold: 57.00
Jun 17 2021 05:51pm
Quote (Doggyfood @ 17 Jun 2021 18:19)
What problems do you think they caused?

those particular people in the image? oh that’s an easy one - white privilege!!!! and the destruction of minority neighborhoods and minority-owned businesses for starters
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll