d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Returning D3 Player In Need Of Some Advice!
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 66.50
May 26 2021 04:28pm
Heya guys, its been YEARS since I played D3 last, but since ladder is resetting on D2 very soon, I wanted to hop over here and see what's up :]
So basically, it's been so long I barely remember anything from when I used to play /:
So, if someone could answer a couple of my questions or if anyone has general tips/advice for me to get back into the game, I would GREATLY appreciate it! <3

Here are the questions I can think of at this moment: :p

1. Deciding between a DH and a Necro, which would you say is easier to level? (solo, no friends anymore haha, although i'm debating on purchasing a powerlevel off someone on jsp possibly)
2. I remember there being a way to get a level 70 weapon, and you do something with the Cube and give it to a level 1 character for SOMETHING.. Not sure if it was XP gain or just for better damage or whatever since you'd be using a level 70 weapon on a fresh character.. What is the exact purpose of this and am I able to do it just starting out?
3. I've been googling guides on leveling and stuff, i'm seeing 4 main ways to level quickly by yourself.. (Nephalem Rifts, Massacre Bonuses, Halls of Agony Blades?, Cursed Chests) I'm not even sure what the Halls of Agony Blades option is, but, between these 4 different methods, which would you prefer/do you personally do to level new characters quickly?
4. What exactly are 'Nephalem Rift Breakpoints'? I read something about them on google, wasnt sure if that was important or not when leveling..
5. Should I wait until level 70 to start running bounties? I know bounties aren't too great for while you're leveling because of the chance for low density maps and hard purple mobs.. But, they're worth doing at 70 for the cache drop items correct?
6. Is there a certain required level for Leoric's Crown? I read to socket this with a Ruby for increased XP?
7. Is it true that you get a GUARANTEED Leoric's Crown drop from killing Leoric in Campaign Mode when you are at least level 5?
8. Any tips for completing my Challenge Rift? Should I wait to level a bit before attempting it? I don't really recall how Rifts work in general, so I just want to make sure I go into the Challenge Rift ready so I make sure I get the reward at the end. I read that it gives you really good resources as well as some gold for starting out! :]

Also, i'm more focused on leveling as fast as possible because i'm sure once I actually get back into the game and start playing, a lot of stuff that i've forgotten will start coming back to me haha.
As I said earlier in my post, ANY help/advice at ALL would be GREATLY appreciated! As of right now, i'm basically going to be going in blind it's been so long since I played! Just trying to make sure I start off the right way :]
Gold: 699.00
May 27 2021 07:15am
1. Deciding between a DH and a Necro, which would you say is easier to level? (solo, no friends anymore haha, although i'm debating on purchasing a powerlevel off someone on jsp possibly) -
Dh is more MEta than Necro, and tonnes of people run it, so it'll be easy to party up and lootshare

2. I remember there being a way to get a level 70 weapon, and you do something with the Cube and give it to a level 1 character for SOMETHING.. Not sure if it was XP gain or just for better damage or whatever since you'd be using a level 70 weapon on a fresh character.. What is the exact purpose of this and am I able to do it just starting out?
Need to be LVL 70 to get lvl70 items to do this

3. I've been googling guides on leveling and stuff, i'm seeing 4 main ways to level quickly by yourself.. (Nephalem Rifts, Massacre Bonuses, Halls of Agony Blades?, Cursed Chests) I'm not even sure what the Halls of Agony Blades option is, but, between these 4 different methods, which would you prefer/do you personally do to level new characters quickly?
I personally do t6 neph rifts until I can't anymroe, and then drop the difficulty

4. What exactly are 'Nephalem Rift Breakpoints'? I read something about them on google, wasnt sure if that was important or not when leveling..
This is to do with Greater Rifts, Not Nephalem rifts, and it is to do with the loot drops

5. Should I wait until level 70 to start running bounties? I know bounties aren't too great for while you're leveling because of the chance for low density maps and hard purple mobs.. But, they're worth doing at 70 for the cache drop items correct?
You need the Cache Items to break down Legendaries, and to reroll stuff, So yes, worth doing

6. Is there a certain required level for Leoric's Crown? I read to socket this with a Ruby for increased XP?
No level requirement, you socket this for a Bonus to the Ruby XP bonus

7. Is it true that you get a GUARANTEED Leoric's Crown drop from killing Leoric in Campaign Mode when you are at least level 5?
Not guaranteed, But very high possibility

8. Any tips for completing my Challenge Rift? Should I wait to level a bit before attempting it? I don't really recall how Rifts work in general, so I just want to make sure I go into the Challenge Rift ready so I make sure I get the reward at the end. I read that it gives you really good resources as well as some gold for starting out! :]
I've never done them, so can't comment
Gold: 66.50
May 27 2021 01:42pm
Quote (Bazzel742541 @ May 27 2021 09:15am)
1. Deciding between a DH and a Necro, which would you say is easier to level? (solo, no friends anymore haha, although i'm debating on purchasing a powerlevel off someone on jsp possibly) -
Dh is more MEta than Necro, and tonnes of people run it, so it'll be easy to party up and lootshare

Need to be LVL 70 to get lvl70 items to do this

I personally do t6 neph rifts until I can't anymroe, and then drop the difficulty

This is to do with Greater Rifts, Not Nephalem rifts, and it is to do with the loot drops

You need the Cache Items to break down Legendaries, and to reroll stuff, So yes, worth doing

No level requirement, you socket this for a Bonus to the Ruby XP bonus

Not guaranteed, But very high possibility

I've never done them, so can't comment

You my friend are truly a legend.
Thank you SO much for the reply and the advice! I really appreciate it! :]
Gold: 699.00
May 28 2021 08:29am
No worries mate, There are some in other forums that gatekeep the information, as if it is some sort of commodity.

My Btag is in my Sig if you wanna run together
Gold: 1,118.80
Jun 11 2021 12:58am
best advice anyone ever gave me: quit.
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll