d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows >
Poll > Army Of The Dead (2021) *spoiler Warning*
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 32,161.71
Jun 1 2021 12:01pm
No idea why they are making a universe out of this

Was an average zombie movie
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 2 2021 09:15am
Quote (Blah58 @ May 23 2021 01:14am)
Movie was bad but entertaining.

Spoilers below:

Dave Batista is a horrendous actor, so godawful, like most of the movie was manageable but I completely lost it in his zombie turning scene, the emotional crux of the movie isn't supposed to make you burst out laughing. The movie uses literally all the stupid story writing/screenplay mechanics that I fucking hate with a passion to create drama instead of relying on good writing. For example "lets have the characters in the middle of an extremely time sensitive situation just stop and smile at eachother for 5 minutes instead of moving." I hate it. Also whos idiotic idea was it to use zombie by the cranberries in this movie? Like do just the most basic fucking google about the songs you put in your film instead of just seeing the title and going "herp derp the title is zombie lets put it in our zombie film." So bad. Also how is it that there is a world where zombies have been a thing and you as a kid barely escaped death then you as an adult go "IM GOING, I HAVE NO ABILITY TO PROTECT MYSELF BUT IM GOING CUZ I NEED TO GET YOU ALL KILLED". I hate that trope so much. But then she just head shots like 30 fast moving zombies in a row? What?

Also if the Japanese dude didn't care about the money and just wanted a zombie sample why not use his security team to do that? Such a convoluted way to get to the end goal. Should have cut that entire arc from the movie and just made it about the money.

The final scene showing the black guy being infected was just stupid. We know he wasn't bit before being in the vault, he sure as fuck wasn't bit after he got out of the vault..so like what? I get it was to set up another movie but like I said previously...very bad writing.

The action scenes were really cool, the scene where the lady was stealth killing the zombies felt very video game-esque. Really enjoyed it. Also the smart zombies were terrifying.

In terms of a real movie : 4/10 (would be lower but those zombies were genuinely terrifying)

In terms of stupid entertainment : 6.5/10 (would be higher but Batista)

Lol, goddamn man, you pretty much hit it dead on for the things that bugged the fuck out of me.

Quote (markson @ May 31 2021 10:20pm)
lol he does die

at the end when hes in the plane he gets sick and sees he got bit
he turns into a zombie just before landing in mexico

:bonk:

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 2 2021 09:16am
Gold: 22,720.48
Jul 26 2021 01:19am

Prequel trailer is out
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll