d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Any Value Investors Out There?
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 37,910.00
Trader: Trusted
May 17 2021 11:15am
Yes but I probably approach it differently than most people here. I have an account that I use for my buy and hold for life portfolio. I wait until my favorite companies or solid dividend paying/blue chip companies that I watch go on sale and start taking or adding to a previous position. I don’t do any fundamental research or read into balance sheets, earnings etc. I buy companies that have been around forever and aren’t going anywhere.

Then I have a sep acc for swing trading and yolo call options lol
Gold: 50.00
Jun 3 2021 05:44pm
Id just like to point out that "growth" is part of the equation that is "value". IMO the only point to investing is to buy something for less than it will produce for you (adjusted for different discount rates). Glad to see that in a general sense though value investing is still in the forum.

Quote (bogie160 @ May 16 2021 09:48pm)
I hate the term "value investor". Either you are trying to buy good businesses at cheap prices or you are getting ripped off.

thats basically the definition of a value investor from my perspective.

Quote (dro94 @ May 17 2021 12:36pm)
Investors think of value and growth investment strategies differently because the valuation methods are so different. Growth stocks are far more sensitive to discount factors

Everyone putting significant portions of their net worth into (individual) stocks should be using DCF models

in terms of dcf id be very careful when calculating your cost of equity just as a heads up. the CAPM method has its... flaws... to say the least

This post was edited by FrenchVanilla on Jun 3 2021 05:48pm
Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 10%
Jun 3 2021 07:07pm
All my money goes to real estate atm.
Land >
Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll