d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Can't Join Games
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 184.90
May 13 2021 02:04pm
hello d2jsp community

i have a question me and my friend wanted to play d2 lod for fun and old times sake
but there is an issue with the game that my friend has
my game works perfectly as it should
but my friend , he can connect to battlenet and join the channel but cannot join any games
also i cannot see him in my friends list as online

he is also on a 1.14B patch wich my patch is 1.14D
it's not automatically updating for him

we tried several solution but all with no avail:
- Restart the game to check if battlenet automatically updates : NO
- Re-install the game tried 3 times : Not Working
- Tried to look for a fix on blizzard websites , most of the links from years ago that links directly to blizzard have been wiped away or not avaiable anymore : In the end Didn't work
- i asked if it could have been his security softwares like AVG , or other anti virus stuff : NO
- he tried manual patching to get 1.14D : didn't work so far
- Tried asking a live chat with a blizzard operator, this ass just practically told him he needs to do the following steps listed on some kind of post : Wich didn't help

so if anyone has an idea please help ! region : EUROPE
- my suggestion was to try a vpn and check if blizzard would automatically update other than that i have no idea

also question my friend's client says Battle.net : Gateway : International EUROPE
why does mine just say gateway : EUROPE
Gold: 184.90
May 14 2021 04:05am
nevermind guys , problem is solved if people in the future encounter this
with battlenet : gateway international EUROPE or any other
this is the solution and it worked

Uninstalling
Method 1: You can simply use a gateway editor software that you can download directly either from here or our tools page, it comes with an easy way to revert back to the battle.net gateways. You'll also have to install the latest game client from blizzard's website and upgrade to the latest patch.

Method2: If using the Uninstall.reg fails then you can do it manually: WIN+R will open up the "RUN" dialogue box. Type into this dialogue, "regedit" and press ENTER. This will open up windows "REGISTRY EDITOR." From with regedit, navigate to:
COMPUTER
-> HKEY CURRENT USER
-> SOFTWARE
-> Blizzard Entertainment
-> Diablo II

From the available "keys" in the right panel of the REGISTRY EDITOR (regedit), double-click on "BNETIP" and change the value from "d2.europebattle.net" to "uswest.battle.net" and click OK. Close regedit and launch D2 (which should be already closed before editing the registry).

i hope this would help for some people , appreciated in case people wanted to help i love the community

peace out
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll