d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Schools Open For A Day
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,621.00
May 13 2021 05:58pm
Quote (thundercock @ May 13 2021 07:40pm)
We do. There are tons of stories about it. You just have to Google it.

I read the news daily. I've literally never seen this brought up by a journalist on a homepage of any major outlet. You can google anything and obviously, something turns up 99% of the time, that doesn't mean it's getting the attention and scrutiny it requires.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 13 2021 06:00pm
Gold: 12,730.67
May 13 2021 06:24pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 13 2021 04:58pm)
I read the news daily. I've literally never seen this brought up by a journalist on a homepage of any major outlet. You can google anything and obviously, something turns up 99% of the time, that doesn't mean it's getting the attention and scrutiny it requires.

The center of a homepage is driven by events and unfortunately, this wouldn't qualify as "an event." Every homepage has roughly 100 stories on it though so you probably missed it. Maybe check the finance section? The first mainstream source I found on the matter was on CNBC.

Gold: 285.00
May 13 2021 07:18pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 13 2021 07:58pm)

You can just say "my bad" or "ok you're right". You don't have to do such low character stuff like make lame excuses.

No, you guys weren't original in your criticism.

This post was edited by Skinned on May 13 2021 07:20pm
Gold: 7,621.00
May 13 2021 07:26pm
Quote (Skinned @ May 13 2021 09:18pm)
You can just say "my bad" or "ok you're right". You don't have to do such low character stuff like make lame excuses.

No, you guys weren't original in your criticism.

It's not an excuse you twat. I can google any random word soup and something will turn up, that's not proof that it's being covered to the extent it needs to be. CNBC did an article that you can find on some random sub-page? That's fantastic. This is actually a pretty significant issue that should be placated and talked about on front pages with some sort of call to action instead of being jammed on the proverbial page 8 in a local paper.

Quote (thundercock @ May 13 2021 08:24pm)
The center of a homepage is driven by events and unfortunately, this wouldn't qualify as "an event." Every homepage has roughly 100 stories on it though so you probably missed it. Maybe check the finance section? The first mainstream source I found on the matter was on CNBC.

There's a story to be had here, a pretty big one actually. A 60-minute type of show or some serious investigative journalist should be tackling and making a stir to expect some call to action.

How many articles have you seen on things like tuition forgiveness or subsidizing college tuition? Those aren't 'events' but somehow those make it to many front pages and those conversations are percolating on many levels. This should too.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 13 2021 07:34pm
Gold: 285.00
May 13 2021 07:31pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 13 2021 09:26pm)
It's not an excuse you twat. I can google any random word soup and something will turn up, that's not proof that it's being covered to the extent it needs to be. CNBC did an article that you can find on some random sub-page? That's fantastic. This is actually a pretty significant issue that should be placated and talked about on front pages with some sort of call to action instead of being jammed on the proverbial page 8 in a local paper.

Lol mad and unoriginal
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll