May 14 2021 03:35pm
Quote (Bradleyk @ May 13 2021 11:37pm)
just watched it all
no s2?

Sadly nope its one of those that id love a season 2
Gold: 8,577.68
May 14 2021 07:10pm
Didn't watch the vid clip.

I like Overlord... it is a bit OP, but they don't give away much, and the protagonist, well, how does he evolve?

As for the comments on CGI... better than some, crap vs others. Yup, get that with a lot of them.

Posts about reading other opinions and hype, don't read them or just do what I do... don't take their spiel (taste) as being the same as my own. Basically people are ecstatic, yet others not... :P
Gold: 21.78
May 15 2021 06:28pm
Quote (Kokua @ 14 May 2021 05:52)
Overlord is enjoyable, but honestly feels over hyped by other people.
It's good, but I was honestly expecting something better based on people's reactions, comments, recommendations for it.
I probably would have enjoyed it more if I didn't see the hype and recommendations for it before finally deciding to watch it.
I'd still happily watch additional seasons of it, but that applies to several hundreds of series I also watched.

I personally dislike CGI, but at least they only really used it for the faceless soldiers that are only there to die shortly later.

I love overlord
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 18 2021 04:03pm
Quote (Kokua @ May 14 2021 02:52am)
Overlord is enjoyable, but honestly feels over hyped by other people.
It's good, but I was honestly expecting something better based on people's reactions, comments, recommendations for it.
I probably would have enjoyed it more if I didn't see the hype and recommendations for it before finally deciding to watch it.
I'd still happily watch additional seasons of it, but that applies to several hundreds of series I also watched.

I personally dislike CGI, but at least they only really used it for the faceless soldiers that are only there to die shortly later.

Agreed. It's entertaining and has some enjoyable aspects, but overall it's lackluster, especially with how many terrific shows are out these days.
Gold: 401,420.69
May 18 2021 04:05pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 18 2021 05:03pm)
Agreed. It's entertaining and has some enjoyable aspects, but overall it's lackluster, especially with how many terrific shows are out these days.

what are the terrific ones these days

i haven't seen that many i must be missin out on a lot
May 18 2021 04:15pm
Quote (Bradleyk @ May 18 2021 03:05pm)
what are the terrific ones these days

i haven't seen that many i must be missin out on a lot

Of the top of my head here are some from the past year or two that I've fucking loved. I know I'm missing a ton, but I feel like there's always more and more good shit coming out.

Dorohedoro
Jujutsu Kaisen
Demon Slayer
Darwin's Game
Gleipnir
Golden Kamuy
Megalobox
Goblin Slayer
Attack on Titan (of course)
Vinland Saga
Adventures of Saiki K
The time I got Reincarnated as a Slime (this one is actually pretty meh, but the wife loves it)
My Hero Academia
Fire Force
Black Clover
Mugen no Juunin

I'm sure I could think of some more if I spent some time, but these are the big ones that come to mind for me.
Gold: 401,420.69
May 18 2021 04:46pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 18 2021 05:15pm)
Of the top of my head here are some from the past year or two that I've fucking loved. I know I'm missing a ton, but I feel like there's always more and more good shit coming out.

Dorohedoro
Jujutsu Kaisen
Demon Slayer
Darwin's Game
Gleipnir
Golden Kamuy
Megalobox
Goblin Slayer
Vinland Saga
Adventures of Saiki K
The time I got Reincarnated as a Slime (this one is actually pretty meh, but the wife loves it)
My Hero Academia
Fire Force
Black Clover
Mugen no Juunin

I'm sure I could think of some more if I spent some time, but these are the big ones that come to mind for me.

i couldn't finish glepnir

ill check out darwins game which i heard wasn't spectacular didn't it get canceled?

heard slime was also meh and i guess ya ive seen about all of those
May 18 2021 04:50pm
Quote (Bradleyk @ May 18 2021 03:46pm)
i couldn't finish glepnir

ill check out darwins game which i heard wasn't spectacular didn't it get canceled?

heard slime was also meh and i guess ya ive seen about all of those

I hadn't heard that, but I don't follow shit super closely. I haven't finished Glep yet, so maybe it falls off later. I personally loved Darwin's Game, thought it was a cool concept and it had a lot of potential. I don't put much stock into reviews, people shit on things for the dumbest of reasons and then love absolute fucking trash with nothing but excessive T&A, so I just go with what I like.
Gold: 8,577.68
May 19 2021 01:20am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 19 2021 10:15am)

Dorohedoro
Jujutsu Kaisen
Demon Slayer
Darwin's Game
Gleipnir
Golden Kamuy
Megalobox
Goblin Slayer
Vinland Saga
Adventures of Saiki K
My Hero Academia
Fire Force
Black Clover
Mugen no Juunin

Darwins Game... think that is actually similar to other anime series ... has something to do with a closed off guy at school that records everything that happens on the phone like a diary, and then his imaginary guy creates a game with other diary phone users. (forgot the name of it, they have to kill others off)... also, think there is a sequel to this, if not, there is another anime series where they have to play the game or die... oh and another one where 8 people are teleported to room and there is a machine there, and they have to go out and kill aliens (well what they think are aliens). So did not really get into Darwins Game that much, it was like watching a mash up of other anime series... sorry I could not remember the names of them.

I don't think I have watched
Vinland Saga
Adventures of Saiki K

may look at those after watching all these other things (re-watch that is) :D
May 19 2021 09:15am
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 19 2021 12:20am)
Darwins Game... think that is actually similar to other anime series ... has something to do with a closed off guy at school that records everything that happens on the phone like a diary, and then his imaginary guy creates a game with other diary phone users. (forgot the name of it, they have to kill others off)... also, think there is a sequel to this, if not, there is another anime series where they have to play the game or die... oh and another one where 8 people are teleported to room and there is a machine there, and they have to go out and kill aliens (well what they think are aliens). So did not really get into Darwins Game that much, it was like watching a mash up of other anime series... sorry I could not remember the names of them.

I don't think I have watched
Vinland Saga
Adventures of Saiki K

may look at those after watching all these other things (re-watch that is) :D

Sounds like you're describing Gantz, and the one with a Diary is Future Diary. If we're going on that similar note, you could also add in Eden of the East. I tried to include only recent shows here (past 2 years), but I have seen and enjoyed both of those. I wish they wouldn't have fucked up so bad with Gantz, that anime should 100% be redone where it follows the Manga and where it doesn't make every situation unbearably long/cringey. I don't know why they fucked up the pacing so bad in the anime on this one.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 19 2021 09:16am
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll