d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion >
Poll > Should Valk Wing Be Reverted To 08 Version
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,260.00
May 13 2021 11:26am
i like new valk. best helmet for cowazon/ mana after kill+frw_+ 2 skill and 1 sox possible... with griffon my runs allways longer
Gold: 2.00
May 13 2021 11:37am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 13 2021 09:10am)
ghosts, hybrids and wwsins can go up to 102 fcr with valk while using better claws thanks to the 30% ias, particularly if they're planning to ever wsg now that autowsm isn't a thing.
pure trappers and bison can use griffs just for the +1 skills, since they can use 40% ias gts
not so with a big dumb war fist and ebug suwayyah, not in fade matchups

I'm not a fan of the 63 fcr elephant playstyle where you might as well be using fortitude and steelrands and trying to dragon flight them

😅🤣
I understand ahatvyoure saying, I prefer Dragon Flight play over anything though.
WWsin was a I played back in 2006. Slower fcr is okay in my opinion if you're good at wsg.
Also I forget what autowsm is. So i cant speak in that regard. Been years since I've played.
I quit back in 2016/2017
Gold: 22,189.49
May 13 2021 02:04pm
Quote (MoXeR @ May 13 2021 12:19pm)
all the 30 ias bonus does is allow for a feral claw rather than a runic in the main hand while stacking enough ias to counter slows
thats a lousy 10% dmg boost
insignifikant

going from 50% ias to 80% ias means you can reduce your the WSM you need for max trap laying speed from -30 to -15.
Without WSM glitching, the only setup that allows 50% ias for 9 fpa is 2x runic talons (34/34), while with WSM glitching you can get it with a war fist + feral (48.5/37.5)
Without WSM glitching, going up to 80% ias allows for suwayyah + runic (45.5/34), while with WSM glitching you can get it with a war fist + wrist sword (48.5/39.5)
that's without stacking vs slows

yeah its not as pronounced a buff with wsm, but without autowsm that means forfeiting your ability to wsg which imo is too big a loss to justify that damage boost. But having a suwayyah, particularly the ebug chaos on NL, is a pretty big deal. On ladder without valk, I just go 102 sin with 2x runic chaos, outperforms anything but a godly rare fools anyway.

Quote (WindowMode @ May 13 2021 12:37pm)
😅🤣
I understand ahatvyoure saying, I prefer Dragon Flight play over anything though.
WWsin was a I played back in 2006. Slower fcr is okay in my opinion if you're good at wsg.
Also I forget what autowsm is. So i cant speak in that regard. Been years since I've played.
I quit back in 2016/2017

WSM glitching is when you make you lift your claws so your bootside claw becomes primary instead of the gloveside, and it screws up the WSM formula. Instead of calculating it as wsm = (claw1 + claw2)/2, it bizarrely calculates it as wsm = (claw1 + claw2)/2 - claw 1 + claw 2. Which means slower claws can result in faster attack speeds. Using that war fist (10) + feral (-20) results in -35 WSM, faster than 2x runics without wsm glitching (-30/-30, resulting in -30 wsm normally)

Autowsm was a glitch where you could create a dependency on stats provided by one claw to equip the other. If you didn't have enough dexterity to equip your gloveside claw without the dexterity bonus on your bootside claw, the game would be forced to equip them in the wrong order, giving you the WSM glitch since your bootside becomes primary- and this would occur every time you switched weapons, letting you WSG freely. But this was silently patched out of the game a couple years ago for no apparent reason, and now you can't autowsm anymore.
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll