d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones V Westworld
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,666.98
May 15 2021 03:25pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 16 2021 02:52am)
I get that response from the other two guys who said that, but you honestly think it's not possible to compare two action oriented dramas from the same time and from the same network? I mean, so you literally can't compare any shows unless they're the exact same, or do you honestly not see that the only difference is science fiction vs fantasy? Literally every aspect that matters of the show can be compared, which I already outlined.

Would you compare:

Badlands with any of these two programs?

Not sure if Breaking Bad is the other TV series I was thinking of.

These are all action programs ... I will have to watch WW if I haven't already watched it and forgot about it.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 15 2021 03:58pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 15 2021 02:25pm)
Would you compare:

Badlands with any of these two programs?

Not sure if Breaking Bad is the other TV series I was thinking of.

These are all action programs ... I will have to watch WW if I haven't already watched it and forgot about it.

I’ve never seen Badlands, and Breaking Bad is much more story driven, at least until the last two seasons anyway. There are enough similarities in quality/style for them to be comparable, but network TV versus premium creates a massive gap in overall production value, which gives an unfair advantage to the latter.

You should absolutely watch it if you haven’t, the first season is a masterpiece. Try to avoid spoilers while discussing it
May 15 2021 04:12pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 16 2021 09:58am)
I’ve never seen Badlands, and Breaking Bad is much more story driven, at least until the last two seasons anyway. There are enough similarities in quality/style for them to be comparable, but network TV versus premium creates a massive gap in overall production value, which gives an unfair advantage to the latter.

You should absolutely watch it if you haven’t, the first season is a masterpiece. Try to avoid spoilers while discussing it

Ahh, sorry, it is "Into the Badlands" ... I liked it, decent fight scenes and gore... :D

Ahh, the other program I was thinking of was "Banshee", again, story with action, and Antony Starr did well in that series.
May 15 2021 06:33pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 15 2021 03:12pm)
Ahh, sorry, it is "Into the Badlands" ... I liked it, decent fight scenes and gore... :D

Ahh, the other program I was thinking of was "Banshee", again, story with action, and Antony Starr did well in that series.

Is it on AMC too? I’ll look into it. Got a bit of a backlog right now on shows and I haven’t seen Banshee either lol. I do like Anthony Starr though, dude is solid. Lmk if you get around to watching Westworld, I’m curious of your opinion on it.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 15 2021 06:34pm
Gold: 23.00
May 15 2021 11:08pm
Quote (Randscend @ May 15 2021 01:28pm)
Neither of them are as good from start to finish as The Wire.

I prefer GoT over The Sopranos but I still think Sopranos was a better overall show. The first 4 seasons of GoT are as good as anything ever made. Funny thing is the season 6 finale of GoT is in my opinion the best episode of any show ever. I still plan on rewatching it with my girl since she's never watched it.

Westworld had so much potential after the first season....I wish they would have made S2 and S3 a redemption arc focusing on Ed Harris....instead they basically ruined a chance at making an All time great character and kinda pissed me off with how he went out...
Gold: 163,801.33
May 16 2021 12:22am
GoT is aight you just gotta completely forget about the ending of the season because holy shit...

I watched west world season 1 and kinda fell off after that.. was good

still nothing for me was a bigger disappointment then true detective... everything after the first season XDDD

This post was edited by SlamFkingDunk on May 16 2021 12:26am
May 16 2021 06:11pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ May 15 2021 11:22pm)
GoT is aight you just gotta completely forget about the ending of the season because holy shit...

I watched west world season 1 and kinda fell off after that.. was good

still nothing for me was a bigger disappointment then true detective... everything after the first season XDDD

Couldn't disagree with you more on that last statement, but to each their own.

The first season is an absolute masterpiece. imo the single greatest season in television history. That's a tough fucking act for anything to follow up and while S2/3 aren't on par with S1, they both hold up incredibly well when compared to literally anything but the best season in TV history lol.

Both of the last two seasons were highly enjoyable and had a lot of the same components that made the first great. They just didn't have a fucking McConaughey to breach that gap from good to fucking legendary.
May 16 2021 06:31pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 16 2021 12:33pm)
Is it on AMC too? I’ll look into it. Got a bit of a backlog right now on shows and I haven’t seen Banshee either lol. I do like Anthony Starr though, dude is solid. Lmk if you get around to watching Westworld, I’m curious of your opinion on it.

I don't have a TV, netflix, AMC channels etc, sorry about that. I watch it online.

Well, it took me like 3 minutes to realize I have watched Westworld... for me, two totally different genre to compare with... okay it falls into Action, but then Fantasy vs Sc Fi... may as well compare The Brady Bunch vs The Waltons or Happy Days.

Both were good for their Genre, I mean don't get me wrong, I like both, but no then the comparisons are completely different.

Is it the storyline and originality of each? They both have their merits.

Because I could not really remember anything from Westworld and had to go back and preview the first 3 minutes to know that I have watched it, for me it wasn't as great as GoT, I can remember a lot of things from GoT even up to the point where Aria and feeding the family pie to that old fart for killing her brother & wife in his halls.

Hey, I don't remember all of their names etc, but the only thing I remember about Westworld is the actress that acted in the Gotham series.
Gold: 4,672.00
May 16 2021 10:01pm
GoTs bad last season doesn’t outweigh WWs mediocre 2 seasons with only one good one so far to claim. The first 6 seasons were dominant, WW will be lucky to get a 5th season at this rate.
Gold: 0.00
May 16 2021 11:54pm
Quote (SwiShh @ 17 May 2021 12:01)
GoTs bad last season doesn’t outweigh WWs mediocre 2 seasons with only one good one so far to claim. The first 6 seasons were dominant, WW will be lucky to get a 5th season at this rate.

fuck i hope they make it to at least 8. but i can see how dragging WW can be if they dont pick themselves up
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll