d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones V Westworld
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 14 2021 03:09pm
Quote (gaibobie @ May 13 2021 08:57pm)
yeah tbh, even if the last season of got did suck, i had a lot of fun watching it

I could see myself rewatching it again multiple times and just skipping the last season lol. I'm hoping the books do the story justice and maybe once (if) they're finished, we'll get someone who does another iteration or maybe HBO will be awesome enough to bring the cast back for a 1-2 movie special, like what they did with Deadwood. Although, I'm still a bit bitter about the Deadwood movie too lol, did not live up to expectations.
Gold: 50,062.31
May 14 2021 07:03pm
I do not think great movies or TV shows should be compared. Both GoT and Ww are top notch but they're completely different genres, different stories. Neither of them are better than the other.
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2021 10:01pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 15 May 2021 05:09)
I could see myself rewatching it again multiple times and just skipping the last season lol. I'm hoping the books do the story justice and maybe once (if) they're finished, we'll get someone who does another iteration or maybe HBO will be awesome enough to bring the cast back for a 1-2 movie special, like what they did with Deadwood. Although, I'm still a bit bitter about the Deadwood movie too lol, did not live up to expectations.

lol we'll see if the book ever comes out. As for the movie, it seems like a lot of people to coordinate with to make something happen. Might be harder with covid protocols and all.

Quote (pwb3 @ 15 May 2021 09:03)
I do not think great movies or TV shows should be compared. Both GoT and Ww are top notch but they're completely different genres, different stories. Neither of them are better than the other.

I don't think so. Like a lot of people here, they compared the two shows based on which they like more.

This post was edited by gaibobie on May 14 2021 10:01pm
May 14 2021 10:34pm
Quote (gaibobie @ May 14 2021 09:01pm)
lol we'll see if the book ever comes out. As for the movie, it seems like a lot of people to coordinate with to make something happen. Might be harder with covid protocols and all.

I don't think so. Like a lot of people here, they compared the two shows based on which they like more.

I’m not expecting it anytime soon lol, the Deadwood shit happened like a decade later, and I’d hope to fucking Christ COVID has been managed by the time the book drops.

You can ignore that other guy, he’s never once had a post that makes sense. As long as it’s the same type of show, it’s comparable. They’re both action driven dramas released around the same time. It’s simple enough to compare strength of plot, acting, production, soundtrack etc... now, had you said what’s better “Seinfeld” or “Westworld” that IMO would be an absurd question.

E: I never exactly answered which is better, but for me I need to see how Westworld finished. S1 of WW is arguably one of the best in television history. Outside True Detective S1, I have a hard time putting anything above it. If we look at S2-5 though, those are FAR superior IMO to what we’ve seen from WW after S1. I’ll need to wait until WW finishes, but unless they have another season on par with their original or a couple that are at least close, I’d give GoT the edge. There’s also no guarantee that they don’t completely bomb the ending either, so we all just gotta wait and see.

To summarize, GoT has the edge for me, but WW could surpass it with another season as strong as their first or a very solid ending.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 14 2021 10:38pm
Gold: 8,666.98
May 14 2021 11:22pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

What is Westworld?

Honestly... GoT was great when it started and turned out to be crap near the end season because it was rushed just to appease the fans, thus fans got on their high fucking horse and judged it... they weren't wrong, but at the end, who made them the JUDGE????

I did not read the GoT series, why would I want to compare a book to a program trying to subjugate everything in the seasons of what.. 10 fucking episodes... come on readers, can you do the same fucking thing? Like fuck you can, so get off of your pedestal and stop being a judgmental fuck tard.

As for comparing... hey, what would I know... but you can not judge WW to GoT because of your inadequacy to realize that they are from different genres'.
May 15 2021 01:01am
apples and oranges lmao
May 15 2021 08:52am
Quote (-=vasya=- @ May 15 2021 12:01am)
apples and oranges lmao

I get that response from the other two guys who said that, but you honestly think it's not possible to compare two action oriented dramas from the same time and from the same network? I mean, so you literally can't compare any shows unless they're the exact same, or do you honestly not see that the only difference is science fiction vs fantasy? Literally every aspect that matters of the show can be compared, which I already outlined.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 15 2021 08:53am
May 15 2021 09:24am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 15 May 2021 12:34)
I’m not expecting it anytime soon lol, the Deadwood shit happened like a decade later, and I’d hope to fucking Christ COVID has been managed by the time the book drops.

You can ignore that other guy, he’s never once had a post that makes sense. As long as it’s the same type of show, it’s comparable. They’re both action driven dramas released around the same time. It’s simple enough to compare strength of plot, acting, production, soundtrack etc... now, had you said what’s better “Seinfeld” or “Westworld” that IMO would be an absurd question.

E: I never exactly answered which is better, but for me I need to see how Westworld finished. S1 of WW is arguably one of the best in television history. Outside True Detective S1, I have a hard time putting anything above it. If we look at S2-5 though, those are FAR superior IMO to what we’ve seen from WW after S1. I’ll need to wait until WW finishes, but unless they have another season on par with their original or a couple that are at least close, I’d give GoT the edge. There’s also no guarantee that they don’t completely bomb the ending either, so we all just gotta wait and see.

To summarize, GoT has the edge for me, but WW could surpass it with another season as strong as their first or a very solid ending.

if they make the final season set in 'Furry World' WW would def surpass GoT
May 15 2021 10:28am
Quote (gaibobie @ May 15 2021 08:24am)
if they make the final season set in 'Furry World' WW would def surpass GoT

:rofl:

I mean, obviousllllty. Maybe Brony world would be an okay substitute as well

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 15 2021 10:28am
Gold: 0.50
May 15 2021 11:28am
Neither of them are as good from start to finish as The Wire.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll