d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Any1 Here Likes Muay Thai?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 735.51
May 6 2021 06:55am
or people here only likes ufc

This post was edited by niketn on May 6 2021 06:55am
Gold: 6,487.40
May 6 2021 08:53am
There are few real mma fans who also Love boxing, muay Thai and other combat sports like me
Others are only conor mcgregor's groupies and wwe type of fans. bunch of dorks and trolls

That being said, these days I enjoy watching this rising star from Thailand who compete in One Muay thai championship
Rodtang

This post was edited by nekrotic on May 6 2021 09:08am
May 6 2021 09:19am
Quote (nekrotic @ May 6 2021 04:53pm)
There are few real mma fans who also Love boxing, muay Thai and other combat sports like me
Others are only conor mcgregor's groupies and wwe type of fans. bunch of dorks and trolls

That being said, these days I enjoy watching this rising star from Thailand who compete in One Muay thai championship
Rodtang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhSwkyYUwwQ

good to know.

yea , well rodtang is a fucking beast. his combat is style is muay dan (super agressive fighter).
tbh i was surprised that the 99% of the posts on this forum are about ufc fights lol
Gold: 4,435.00
May 6 2021 10:12am
what's that

edit: oh another sport for nek to act like he knows and lose bets on :rofl:

This post was edited by jadeoner on May 6 2021 10:15am
Gold: 8,892.68
May 7 2021 05:06pm
My post is only based on my personal preference and NOT subject to the topics relating to what is publicly broadcast for ratings.

UFC / MMA etc are only popular based on advertising and spin offs from Boxing where there was a constant market and popularity arose before Casius Clay (sorry spelling maybe incorrect)

Mohammid Ali (spelling) African American Boxer that took the world by storm with his boxing career. Sugar Ray was also a popular boxer and many others, nowadays, fans want more, so they were inspired by Bruce Lee and his exploits of Martial Art (Wing Chun being the art he was first introduce to), then more popularity with movies and other people like Super Foot Wallace (American Karate champ then), Benny the Jet Urquidez (sp), Chuck Norris (also American Karate champ appearing in Bruce Lee movies and creating his own shows) implemented a lot of what people want to watch these days... basically like the old Roman era where Gladiators were thrown into the Colosseum for sport and entertainment for the masses.

Muay Thai is a Taiwanese Sport in this regard, yet it is based on Tradition where other sports are not, so when you want to identify the combat proficiency of Muay Thai versus everything else, you are at a disadvantage... Hey, in the 80s (yes... 1980s) a Kickboxer annihilated the best Muay Thai representative in New Zealand, the kickboxer then was Terry Hill... difference in combat style... Kickboxing fundamentally incorporated both Boxing and Muay Thai (kicks) basics.

Now, the UFC or MMA incorporates the basics of each martial arts, boxing, judo etc into one category and is based on the skill of the individual to use effectively.

Hey, what would I know, it is just my personal interpretation of what has evolved in the past 40+ years.
May 7 2021 06:24pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 8 2021 01:06am)
My post is only based on my personal preference and NOT subject to the topics relating to what is publicly broadcast for ratings.

UFC / MMA etc are only popular based on advertising and spin offs from Boxing where there was a constant market and popularity arose before Casius Clay (sorry spelling maybe incorrect)

Mohammid Ali (spelling) African American Boxer that took the world by storm with his boxing career. Sugar Ray was also a popular boxer and many others, nowadays, fans want more, so they were inspired by Bruce Lee and his exploits of Martial Art (Wing Chun being the art he was first introduce to), then more popularity with movies and other people like Super Foot Wallace (American Karate champ then), Benny the Jet Urquidez (sp), Chuck Norris (also American Karate champ appearing in Bruce Lee movies and creating his own shows) implemented a lot of what people want to watch these days... basically like the old Roman era where Gladiators were thrown into the Colosseum for sport and entertainment for the masses.

Muay Thai is a Taiwanese Sport in this regard, yet it is based on Tradition where other sports are not, so when you want to identify the combat proficiency of Muay Thai versus everything else, you are at a disadvantage... Hey, in the 80s (yes... 1980s) a Kickboxer annihilated the best Muay Thai representative in New Zealand, the kickboxer then was Terry Hill... difference in combat style... Kickboxing fundamentally incorporated both Boxing and Muay Thai (kicks) basics.

Now, the UFC or MMA incorporates the basics of each martial arts, boxing, judo etc into one category and is based on the skill of the individual to use effectively.

Hey, what would I know, it is just my personal interpretation of what has evolved in the past 40+ years.

well. first of all muay thai is from thailand, not from taiwan. and its much more than a "sport" i just can invite u to see some muay thai videos. in my personal opinion those fights are WAY better than this COMERCIAL MMA fights.

This post was edited by niketn on May 7 2021 06:24pm
May 7 2021 06:49pm
Quote (niketn @ May 8 2021 12:24pm)
well. first of all muay thai is from thailand, not from taiwan. and its much more than a "sport" i just can invite u to see some muay thai videos. in my personal opinion those fights are WAY better than this COMERCIAL MMA fights.

Spell check is a wonderful thing right... I used it to auto correct my spelling without noticing the correction where I should have corrected it. How would you describe a person (people) from Thailand? Are they Asian, or Taiwanese?

As I stated in my post, it is NOT just a sport (Muay Thai) ... so how about reading my post more thoroughly and not taking it so personally.

Look up vids of Muay Thai vs Kickboxing, also go back further to see how Muay Thai became better from competing against other forms of combat from different cultures etc.

I don't watch MMA fights (Mixed Martial Arts), I have however watched videos of kickboxing or Muay Thai and the one that stood out the most was when the opponent blocked a kick using their shin and not realizing that the impact snapped his bone (leg) and buckled once he put his foot down on the mat (his knee down to the foot folded like the > symbol)

Ouch, oh dang ouch.
May 7 2021 07:28pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 7 May 2021 17:49)
Spell check is a wonderful thing right... I used it to auto correct my spelling without noticing the correction where I should have corrected it. How would you describe a person (people) from Thailand? Are they Asian, or Taiwanese?

As I stated in my post, it is NOT just a sport (Muay Thai) ... so how about reading my post more thoroughly and not taking it so personally.

Look up vids of Muay Thai vs Kickboxing, also go back further to see how Muay Thai became better from competing against other forms of combat from different cultures etc.

I don't watch MMA fights (Mixed Martial Arts), I have however watched videos of kickboxing or Muay Thai and the one that stood out the most was when the opponent blocked a kick using their shin and not realizing that the impact snapped his bone (leg) and buckled once he put his foot down on the mat (his knee down to the foot folded like the > symbol)

Ouch, oh dang ouch.

people from Thailand are asian and we call them Thai people
May 7 2021 11:04pm
Quote (nekrotic @ May 8 2021 01:28pm)
people from Thailand are asian and we call them Thai people

So that is all you take from the conversation? Guess your username is part of your belief.

Your interpretation is too broadminded. A bit lacking and only governed by the English language without any independent thinking.

Where did Bali Stick fighting come from? Indonesia or Thailand? or both? Are Taiwanese people only from Taiwan? or do you lump Taiwanese in the category of Asian? How does Indonesia (Indonesian) come into your equation?

Hey, I wouldn't know, but lumping them into Asian is small minded. What styles of Martial Arts came about from these areas where you label them all Asian? North and South Chinese style of Martial Arts, or Soft / Hard Karate styles from different Islands of Japan, Tae Kwon Do also has many variations that originated from Japan but evolved in different countries, but those that created their own styles are NOT Japanese, do you rate them as Asians also because their style originated from there?

Personally that is just for you to comprehend, but Muay Thai advocating should be your focus for this thread. The only thing on your mind is to post something not related to the thread, do you like Muay Thai or just UFC like the OP posted?
May 8 2021 07:33am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 7 May 2021 22:04)
So that is all you take from the conversation? Guess your username is part of your belief.

Your interpretation is too broadminded. A bit lacking and only governed by the English language without any independent thinking.

Where did Bali Stick fighting come from? Indonesia or Thailand? or both? Are Taiwanese people only from Taiwan? or do you lump Taiwanese in the category of Asian? How does Indonesia (Indonesian) come into your equation?

Hey, I wouldn't know, but lumping them into Asian is small minded. What styles of Martial Arts came about from these areas where you label them all Asian? North and South Chinese style of Martial Arts, or Soft / Hard Karate styles from different Islands of Japan, Tae Kwon Do also has many variations that originated from Japan but evolved in different countries, but those that created their own styles are NOT Japanese, do you rate them as Asians also because their style originated from there?

Personally that is just for you to comprehend, but Muay Thai advocating should be your focus for this thread. The only thing on your mind is to post something not related to the thread, do you like Muay Thai or just UFC like the OP posted?

the only thing that need to be said here is your doc must increase your meds
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll