d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Tag
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,150.00
Apr 25 2021 05:47pm
Quote (TheReborn_Magi @ Apr 25 2021 05:51pm)
at first glance the sig looks kinda nice, colors/render mainly, but then i realize the smudge is just weird and low quality looking and the head is almost floating there

looking back, I think the red areas are the strongest point, rest is kind of whack. Kind of lose perspective when sitting there zoomed in at 300% lol

Aside from that, there's a major downscaling issue I'm noticing with affinity photo, resizing smaller looks terrible even when keeping the same ratio and I wish there was an apply image button but I've only found merge all layers so far and it looks kills the quality

e: just found a work around to apply image and it seems to solve one of my issues with quality

This post was edited by Lothric on Apr 25 2021 06:12pm
Gold: 1,595.00
Apr 26 2021 12:29am
Quote (Lothric @ 26 Apr 2021 01:47)
looking back, I think the red areas are the strongest point, rest is kind of whack. Kind of lose perspective when sitting there zoomed in at 300% lol

Aside from that, there's a major downscaling issue I'm noticing with affinity photo, resizing smaller looks terrible even when keeping the same ratio and I wish there was an apply image button but I've only found merge all layers so far and it looks kills the quality

e: just found a work around to apply image and it seems to solve one of my issues with quality

Ive had issues with the image quality deteriorating too but only when the image I want to resize was low quality to begin with. But when that happens I'm boned as I have no idea how to fix it.
The apply image button works differently in Affinity Photo so what I do is export as png and then Place that same png into the image again. It should work the same as if youd apply image in PS but its rather tedious when you need like 4-5 apply image layers for sharpening blurring etc
Overall Im happy with the program but obviously its not photoshop. If you have more questions just write them here, maybe I can help you since Ive used affinity photo for quite a while
Apr 26 2021 12:44am
Quote (rinirax @ Apr 26 2021 02:29am)
Ive had issues with the image quality deteriorating too but only when the image I want to resize was low quality to begin with. But when that happens I'm boned as I have no idea how to fix it.
The apply image button works differently in Affinity Photo so what I do is export as png and then Place that same png into the image again. It should work the same as if youd apply image in PS but its rather tedious when you need like 4-5 apply image layers for sharpening blurring etc
Overall Im happy with the program but obviously its not photoshop. If you have more questions just write them here, maybe I can help you since Ive used affinity photo for quite a while

I believe grouping the layers and selecting rasterize is a slightly quicker way to achieve the apply image function but haven’t used it yet. I was doing the same method of exporting and opening that item but it’s slow when you need to do it a bunch. It also seemed like it was helping with preserving quality at smaller sizes

Aside from that, when I hold control to resize an image with the original scale the quality afterwards sometimes looks so shit and I don’t remember that being a thing in photoshop. You pretty much have to sharpen immediately, I’ve only not noticed it as much on very large files and the smudge feels a bit different to me but idk what’s off about it but it felt sloppier than ps

Overall though the program is a fantastic deal, I picked it up half off at 25$ and it’s pretty much got everything ps has although haven’t found all the exact features yet, I’m sure they’re in there. I just found out live filters and unsharp mask is the sharpen tool of ps, previously I was using a high pass filter

E: have you used clipping masks at all, I think that’s something I haven’t found out how to do yet, or applying a filter to only 1 layer. Sometimes grouping works but it seems like sometimes it doesn’t or I was just doing something wrong

This post was edited by Lothric on Apr 26 2021 12:50am
Gold: 1,595.00
Apr 26 2021 02:42am
Quote (Lothric @ 26 Apr 2021 08:44)
I believe grouping the layers and selecting rasterize is a slightly quicker way to achieve the apply image function but haven’t used it yet. I was doing the same method of exporting and opening that item but it’s slow when you need to do it a bunch. It also seemed like it was helping with preserving quality at smaller sizes

Aside from that, when I hold control to resize an image with the original scale the quality afterwards sometimes looks so shit and I don’t remember that being a thing in photoshop. You pretty much have to sharpen immediately, I’ve only not noticed it as much on very large files and the smudge feels a bit different to me but idk what’s off about it but it felt sloppier than ps

Overall though the program is a fantastic deal, I picked it up half off at 25$ and it’s pretty much got everything ps has although haven’t found all the exact features yet, I’m sure they’re in there. I just found out live filters and unsharp mask is the sharpen tool of ps, previously I was using a high pass filter

E: have you used clipping masks at all, I think that’s something I haven’t found out how to do yet, or applying a filter to only 1 layer. Sometimes grouping works but it seems like sometimes it doesn’t or I was just doing something wrong

I'm not at my PC so I dont know for sure but I think if you resize a layer by dragging the corner of the image you dont need to press ctrl for it to keep the aspect ratio, only when you drag at the top/bottom/left/right side.
Clipping mask is when you move one layer under the layer you want to clip it to I think (right side in the layer selection)
For the filters I have no idea since I only use them after I "applied image"
Apr 26 2021 08:14pm

trying out some new textures I downloaded today..
Apr 27 2021 10:28am

attempted a request
Apr 27 2021 11:00am
Quote (Lothric @ Apr 27 2021 12:28pm)

slightly lighter, contrast seemed a bit too strong
Gold: 55.80
Warn: 10%
Apr 27 2021 11:12am
Quote (Lothric @ Apr 26 2021 10:14pm)
https://i.imgur.com/x1ICSgp.png
trying out some new textures I downloaded today..

like some of the smudge/textures, render is a bit avg and right side really doesnt do anything for me tho, feel like a continuation of the left onto the right woulda been nice
Apr 27 2021 12:36pm
Quote (TheReborn_Magi @ Apr 27 2021 01:12pm)
like some of the smudge/textures, render is a bit avg and right side really doesnt do anything for me tho, feel like a continuation of the left onto the right woulda been nice

This post was edited by Lothric on Apr 27 2021 12:49pm
Gold: 55.80
Warn: 10%
May 17 2021 01:41pm
Quote (Lothric @ Apr 27 2021 02:36pm)

new tags when
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll