d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Blizzard Sorc Against Dclone
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23,703.00
Apr 19 2021 07:00pm
Quote (Oilerfan @ Apr 20 2021 07:48am)
Dclone is kind of a pushover tbh, most builds cna handle him without much issue. Factoring in funds the typical uber builds are going to be your best bang for your buck aka a typical cheap smiter.

noted brother thank you

Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 20 2021 07:57am)
glass cannon blizzard caps out around 18k damage, 36k after -resists.
Dclone has 640k base hp, 450% of that in P8.
even at best, it takes quite a few hits to kill him

javazons can do it 'in a second or two', not blizz sorcs

i tried with javazon/infinity before. its like 2 pokes
now i feel pretty dumb making a blizz sorc for this lol
Gold: 222.69
Apr 19 2021 07:09pm
Dual Dream enchantress May an option. :baby:
Gold: 12.85
Apr 20 2021 09:24pm
Quote (oreo_oreo @ Apr 20 2021 07:05am)
I heard that blizz sorc can kill dclone in 1 second but my sorc took almost a minute to kill him.

Blizzard sorcs deal a lot of damage against big targets like Dclone, but it's more that the dmg is coming all at once after you start stacking blizzards and the ibs start landing. Dmg comes in bursts and that's why it looks like all those blizz sorcs are dealing tons of damage to baal in pvm games but it's only after a few seconds of stacking blizzards and getting ice blasts in the air, so on average it's probably around the level of lightning sorcs or meteor sorcs. As you can see from that video, I dropped half of Mephisto's hp bar in like half a second, and this was using a less than optimal setup because I was testing out some cheese stuffs like rising sun, blackoak, double raven etc, so that sorc was only using about half of the usual +skills. I was also using a 1fg fathom/nw on that sorc and only skilled 1 pt cold mastery so was only at -128 cold res on that setup including facets (Meph's cold res is 75 so I should've really been aiming for -175), and didn't put any points in frozen orb to synergise ice blast, so it could've been shitloads faster than that. Dclone can also be static'd to half hp very quickly if you get an infinity/lower res wand. So I reckon it's possible to empty out the hp bar from full to nothing in the span of 1-2 seconds if you really wanted to. But there's no practical purpose, maybe only if you want to put it in a GIF or something.

This post was edited by thing on Apr 20 2021 09:38pm
Gold: 23,703.00
Apr 20 2021 09:31pm
Quote (thing @ Apr 21 2021 10:24am)
Blizzard sorcs deal a lot of damage against big targets like Dclone, but it's more that the dmg is coming all at once after you start stacking blizzards and the ibs start landing. Dmg comes in bursts but there is a setup time of a few seconds, so it only looks fast but on average it's probably around the level of lightning sorcs or meteor sorcs. As you can see from that video, I dropped half of Mephisto's hp bar in like half a second, and this was using a less than optimal setup because I was testing out some cheese stuffs like rising sun, blackoak, double raven etc, so that sorc was only using about half of the usual +skills. I was also using a 1fg fathom/nw on that sorc and only skilled 1 pt cold mastery so was only at -128 cold res on that setup including facets (Meph's cold res is 75 so I should've really been aiming for -175), and didn't put any points in frozen orb to synergise ice blast, so it could've been shitloads faster than that. Dclone can also be static'd to half hp very quickly if you get an infinity/lower res wand. So I reckon it's possible to empty out the hp bar from full to nothing in the span of 1-2 seconds if you really wanted to. But there's no practical purpose, maybe only if you want to put it in a GIF or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tJwSa-alVc

ty bro and thats a cool video
Gold: 2,170.00
Apr 20 2021 11:07pm
1 second is not possible.

prevent monster heal might make it faster.

teh fact that you killed it is what counts imo.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll