d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Need To Purchase A Travel/work - Centric Laptop
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.00
Apr 19 2021 12:42pm
Looking to purchase a pre-built laptop or similar device for travelling and reading or doing work at night in bed.
I don't plan to game on the system, apart from maybe some browser games (flash or text-based).

Last time I purchased a laptop it was a macbook , but I'd prefer something smaller.
There looks to be a lot of good options in the Chromebook/tablet category, but I'm totally unfamiliar

Description: Low-budget, small profile , laptop/chromebook/tablet

Budget: Idk, less then $600? I could buy a full laptop for not much more than that. A lot of chromebooks, tablets look like they are under $400

More specific use (what games, what programs): Microsoft Office Suite, Youtube, streaming apps. Must have options for attaching USB devices/external harddrives.

Planned time until purchase: I would buy it today if a good option presented itself

Do you have any specific preferred components?: USB ports, headphone jack, maybe a printer port? doubt that exists though

Do you need a bigger monitor? mouse? full keyboard?: Full keyboard would be nice, the option to add a mouse would as well, but not required.

Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): Denver, Colorado

This post was edited by Keasbey_Nights on Apr 19 2021 12:47pm
Gold: 31,826.45
Apr 20 2021 07:07am
Quote (Keasbey_Nights @ Apr 19 2021 03:42pm)
Looking to purchase a pre-built laptop or similar device for travelling and reading or doing work at night in bed.
I don't plan to game on the system, apart from maybe some browser games (flash or text-based).

Last time I purchased a laptop it was a macbook , but I'd prefer something smaller.
There looks to be a lot of good options in the Chromebook/tablet category, but I'm totally unfamiliar

Description: Low-budget, small profile , laptop/chromebook/tablet

Budget: Idk, less then $600? I could buy a full laptop for not much more than that. A lot of chromebooks, tablets look like they are under $400

More specific use (what games, what programs): Microsoft Office Suite, Youtube, streaming apps. Must have options for attaching USB devices/external harddrives.

Planned time until purchase: I would buy it today if a good option presented itself

Do you have any specific preferred components?: USB ports, headphone jack, maybe a printer port? doubt that exists though

Do you need a bigger monitor? mouse? full keyboard?: Full keyboard would be nice, the option to add a mouse would as well, but not required.

Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): Denver, Colorado

My vote is for Lenovo V15 :)
Gold: 2.00
Apr 20 2021 07:47am
Quote (TimmyTurner @ Apr 20 2021 07:07am)
My vote is for Lenovo V15 :)

Will look at the Lenovo v15 in just a moment.

I have honestly been going back and forth between getting the Lenovo Flex 5, or just springing for a new M1 chip Macbook Air.
Truthfully, it seems like this is the most complete package offered , even though it's above the $600 budget.
The idea came about when my brother suggested getting an iPad Pro and all the attachments to make it a laptop-competitor.
Of course, this ends up putting a consumer at the same price tag as a Macbook lol.

Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll